The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got tickets too, not a fan of the music bowl but too good of acts to miss out on.
Depends how much of their new stuff they play but Bloc Party just aren’t what they used to be. Pretty annoying they can fit an extra Sydney show too but can’t head over to Perth or Adelaide.

Depends how much of their new stuff they play but Bloc Party just aren’t what they used to be. Pretty annoying they can fit an extra Sydney show too but can’t head over to Perth or Adelaide.
Looks like the demand was too much that they caved and announced a Perth show in the end.

GUTS is a fun album, I was so sure that "bad idea right?" was Wet Leg when I first heard it.

Still think boygenius are at the top of the list for me this year.
Boygenius is a great shout. Still remember seeing Julien Baker in this really intimate thing and couldn’t believe the voice on someone so tiny.

Few gigs on the horizon for me
Bloc Party & Interpol co headline next week
The War on Drugs in a few weeks

Gengahr and probably the National (with Fleet Foxes) next year

409890555_10224410921083374_2804827417968930311_n.jpg

Felt like a slightly weaker year this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Splendour cancelled, seems like a fair few festivals have been cancelled so far this year or so. Bit of a worry.

Was hoping for an Arcade Fire sideshow but i doubt they come to Oz now.
Festivals have become overpriced. I went to splendour in 2015/16 (can't remember the exact year) and it was expensive and average. Add to it that you're basically in a prison camp and no wonder no one wants to go

Festivals have become overpriced. I went to splendour in 2015/16 (can't remember the exact year) and it was expensive and average. Add to it that you're basically in a prison camp and no wonder no one wants to go
The price and middling lineups and I think a general change of attitude to festivals are looking like they're all contributing to festivals dying in Aus.

I remember the one day festivals like BDO going from the biggest event of the year to dying off as the multi day festivals became more popular and mainstream than ever. Sad to see them go but the time commitment, travel and cost make them a hard sell these days. They also aren’t attracting the big international headliners anymore which hurts. Though personally would say rarely were they the highlight of the festival.

Think there’s a demand to bring back more big one day festivals again, but not sure they’ll ever be financially viable again. Feel for the up and coming local acts now who used to make their name off exposure at festivals like these.

I remember the one day festivals like BDO going from the biggest event of the year to dying off as the multi day festivals became more popular and mainstream than ever. Sad to see them go but the time commitment, travel and cost make them a hard sell these days. They also aren’t attracting the big international headliners anymore which hurts. Though personally would say rarely were they the highlight of the festival.

Think there’s a demand to bring back more big one day festivals again, but not sure they’ll ever be financially viable again. Feel for the up and coming local acts now who used to make their name off exposure at festivals like these.
It's not just international headliners it's even non-headliners they cant get in. When I went there were 35 non-Australian acts. Last year there was 27 and the Aussie acts that they have are repetitive. Ball Park Music for instance have done it 5 times and only been around since 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back