The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Billy Joel tonight at The G. Cracking night for it, really excited. Seen him twice (06 and 08), this will be the last time he is here I imagine. Gonna be great.
The last and, hopefully for you, the longest time.

Last year's count sadly was my 'I'm too old for this' moment. I only listen to Double J nowadays; I wish they'd do a 100 for us old farts ha-ha.

If I was voting my 10 would be

Skegss - Stranger Days
Ball Pak Music - Stars in my eyes
Kelli Holiday - Song goes on
These New South Whales - Rotten Sun
King Stingray - Let's Go
Jamie XX - KILL DEM
Belief - I want to be
Mid City - Choc Mint
Beddy Rays - Milk
The Smith Street Band - I don't wanna do nothing forever

With 2/10 in the 100, and 3 for the entire 200, I definitely feel JJJ has passed me by now. Hardly surprising as Double J is my go to if I ever tune in to the radio.
i have heard 1 song in the top 100.

but im not out of touch, it's the children who are wrong

4 in the count (Denzel Curry, King Stingray, GoY and Ball Park) and 1 in the 101-200 (Wet Leg) for me.

Good year for indie rock (excl Denzel), but yeah can't see myself getting this many again.
Oh I forgot Violent Soho, so 5 all up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want chills
Check out the concert for new york post-911.
Incredible band on record. Ungodly live.
Yeah seen it.

Bloody great.

Townshend is awesome. Live 8 below.

Bruce is my number 1, but I do like some of The Who's stuff. Proper rock and roll band. Daltry has a great set of chops, and Pete knows how to jam.

It’s an interesting one.

The incident was 7(?) years ago.

Do we condemn Sticky fingers (mainly Dylan Frost) forever or are we as a society able to acknowledge people make mistakes and can become better people.

Full disclaimer - haven’t kept up with his recovery from his diagnosis and whether he is truly back on the right track and remorseful for what he’s done.

Last edited:
It’s an interesting one.

The incident was 7(?) years ago.

Do we condemn Sticky fingers (mainly Dylan Frost) forever or are we as a society able to acknowledge people make mistakes and can become better people.

Full disclaimer - haven’t kept up with his recovery from his diagnosis and whether he is truly back on the right track and remorseful for what he’s done.

By the sounds of things it wasn't just a one off and they are a bunch of campaigners not many want to play with. Blues Fest have now drop them too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back