The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not.

What's your definition of a transphobe?

A person who expresses transphobia. And as for the definition of transphobia, I'm happy to take Wikipedia's explanation:

Transphobia consists of negative attitudes, feelings, or actions towards transgender people or transness in general. Transphobia can include fear, aversion, hatred, violence or anger towards people who do not conform to social gender roles. Transphobia is a type of prejudice and discrimination, similar to racism, sexism, or ableism, and it is closely associated with homophobia.
The only thing I'd add is to make explicit that it includes the refusal to accept transgender identities as real.

A person who expresses transphobia. And as for the definition of transphobia, I'm happy to take Wikipedia's explanation:

The only thing I'd add is to make explicit that it includes the refusal to accept transgender identities as real.

So youre not happy to take Wikipedia's explanation then.

Because thinking a trans woman is not an actual woman has nothing to do with any of the Wikipedia definitions.

What are your thoughts on trans women who claim they menstruate and can birth babies?

If I think they are unhinged because it is biologically impossible does that make me a -phobe ?

Of course I totally think they can menstruate and have babies if they think they can. This is just a bit of Devil's advocate. These days whatever we believe to be true is therefore actually true. And science is wrong.

Except when we want it to be right.

What are your thoughts on trans women who claim they menstruate and can birth babies?
oh look a made up scenario
If I think they are unhinged because it is biologically impossible does that make me a -phobe ?
oh look derogatory phrasing of mental illness

Of course I totally think they can menstruate and have babies if they think they can. This is just a bit of Devil's advocate. These days whatever we believe to be true is therefore actually true. And science is wrong.

there's so much straw in this post that we could build an entire straw village

the simple fact with the greens is they had an agreed national policy platform that supported trans rights

and they had members of the party that did not support trans rights

now those members have been spending years white anting the party via the media and pushing to get the policy changed

they failed and now they are leaving the party when they find that their fellow greens members won't vote for them for any positions within the party, because funnily enough, those people don't support the same platform as the other members

if there was a group in the greens that were pushing for more fossil fuel projects to be supported and trying to get the greens to change their policy to support those projects and the greens started kicking them out, or they started leaving after failing to get that policy changed nobody would bat an eye

Lidia Thorpe left the party over differences on the voice referendum

kind of democracy in action I would have though

So youre not happy to take Wikipedia's explanation then.

Because thinking a trans woman is not an actual woman has nothing to do with any of the Wikipedia definitions.
You can argue semantics all you want. I don't find it a productive conversation to have.

I'm a little hesitant to engage in a discussion with you, because several times in the past, you have argued in bad faith. Nevertheless, I'll respond.

Those people are delusional when it comes to things they biologically cannot do. Thinking that does not make you transphobic. However, being a woman is about more than just biological functions. There are people who were assigned female at birth, have female external genitalia, appear feminine by sight to the average person, yet do not menstruate and/or cannot birth babies. To me that doesn't make them any less of women than those who can, if they choose to identify as women.

If I can accept those people as women, why would I not do the same for others who also cannot menstruate and birth babies, if they genuinely identify as women and live that way?

...and there you go again, arguing in bad faith. Are you interested in having a productive conversation, or are you just interested in stroking your own ego about how intelligent you apparently are compared all the fools around you?

oh look a made up scenario

oh look derogatory phrasing of mental illness

there's so much straw in this post that we could build an entire straw village

the simple fact with the greens is they had an agreed national policy platform that supported trans rights

and they had members of the party that did not support trans rights

now those members have been spending years white anting the party via the media and pushing to get the policy changed

they failed and now they are leaving the party when they find that their fellow greens members won't vote for them for any positions within the party, because funnily enough, those people don't support the same platform as the other members

if there was a group in the greens that were pushing for more fossil fuel projects to be supported and trying to get the greens to change their policy to support those projects and the greens started kicking them out, or they started leaving after failing to get that policy changed nobody would bat an eye

Lidia Thorpe left the party over differences on the voice referendum

kind of democracy in action I would have though

Made up? I agree they are making it up.

I suspect the Greens love Lidia Thorpe though. She becomes more and more unhinged as time goes by.

Made up? I agree they are making it up.

I suspect the Greens love Lidia Thorpe though. She becomes more and more unhinged as time goes by.
this is you in bad faith again I see

and then after you've done that you can explain what any of it has to do with the greens

btw

Tips for tracking PMS-like symptoms

Trans women can track their symptoms in several ways, the most simple of which is to keep a diary. People can note down which symptoms they experience when, which may help them discover any patterns.

Another option is to use a period-tracking app. Several free and inclusive apps allow people to input a variety of symptoms. After a few cycles, the app can begin to estimate when a person will experience symptoms.

It is important to discuss any adverse symptoms or changes with a healthcare professional. Tracking their symptoms may help people determine what is usual for them and what is not.

If you're on hormone therapy your body does change and lots of things happen, like the possibility of having a monthly cycle complete with symptoms that is very much like a period

What you're whinging about is not liking the language used by a trans woman if she says she is having period pain, and at the end of the day, why does it matter if she says period pain as opposed to period like pain from HRT?

View attachment 1996693

This week, Advance discovers that the Greens exist.
I love how all they're all we're going to expose the truth and then its just a picture showing some random numbers that show as inaction on climate change continues more people vote for the party campaigning on doing something about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well well, Bandt and his bourgeois party playing politics again ... who would have thought?

They stage a walk out in the Parliament to show their support for Palestinian people months after throwing the First Nations people of this country under the bus and now, a few moths after there hypocritical grandstanding in the Parliament, Bandt refuse to commit to a two sate solution in Palestine/Israel and throws the Palestinian people under a bus.

F**k the Greens political party

Well well, Bandt and his bourgeois party playing politics again ... who would have thought?

They stage a walk out in the Parliament to show their support for Palestinian people months after throwing the First Nations people of this country under the bus and now, a few moths after there hypocritical grandstanding in the Parliament, Bandt refuse to commit to a two sate solution in Palestine/Israel and throws the Palestinian people under a bus.

I love the ideology of the Greens but Adam Bandt put in the single worst performance I have ever seen on Insiders this morning. It was truly embarrassing and an indictment on the Party.

Despite his popularity in his electorate (and I’ll admit that I voted for him) they’d do well to find somebody to lead them who isn’t quite as combative.

The Greens will get nowhere whilst they continue to lecture people yet at the same time refuse to lay their own cards on the table.

A few moths and a bus, you say?

Not sure if Insiders is a good yard stick guys. Absolute rubbish show it has become.

A bus, you say?

Not sure if Insiders is a good yard stick guys. Absolute rubbish show it has become.

He point blank refused to answer David Speers this morning when asked where he stood, especially regarding Hamas.

It’s very difficult to know what Bandt is playing at much of the time. This will be a quite interesting week.

He point blank refused to answer David Speers this morning when asked where he stood, especially regarding Hamas.

It’s very difficult to know what Bandt is playing at much of the time. This will be a quite interesting week.

Good. David Speers is a gotcha question moron. A newscorpse plant.

Greens/Bandt have condemned Hamas. Why keep asking the same question when it's been answered months ago?

A few moths and a bus, you say?

So why in hell is he back peddling now?

By the way, how can the Insiders be a rubbish show when it asks politicians questions which these politicians answer in the way they see fit? It gives us an insight into who they are and what they stand for.

What really irks me about Insiders is how they have dogs like Armstrong and Sheridan on the show but that has more to do with my antipathy towards them than the show itself. I keep saying to myself that even though I despise those far right arseholes, I need to know what they are saying so I can mount an argument against them if I don't agree otherwise, I would be just like them who assume things without knowing what was actually said or done.

Let me guess, he wanted Bandt to condemn Hamas, again?

He did that 6 months ago.
Cobber, either reveal that you won't hear a word said against Bandt and that's it or, try to be just a little bit objective, hey? I really enjoy reading your insights but bugger me, this morning Bandt was terrible.

So why in hell is he back peddling now?

By the way, how can the Insiders be a rubbish show when it asks politicians questions which these politicians answer in the way they see fit? It gives us an insight into who they are and what they stand for.

What really irks me about Insiders is how they have dogs like Armstrong and Sheridan on the show but that has more to do with my antipathy towards them than the show itself. I keep saying to myself that even though I despise those far right arseholes, I need to know what they are saying so I can mount an argument against them if I don't agree otherwise, I would be just like them who assume things without knowing what was actually said or done.

Watch an old Insiders with Barry Cassidy hosting. Compare it to today's version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back