The Gambler

Remove this Banner Ad

For those posting don't bet etc in this thread. That's why we made this thread to keep bet discussions out of general footy threads and preview threads.

Don't like it? Close the browser and walk away no one is forcing you to read/participate

In other news I'm unsure about this Hawks Sydney game feel the Hawks might rally for roughie and Sydney's form has been troubling of late

Your best bet (pun not intended) would be betfair, I think.

You can back (bet to win) or lay (allow someone to bet with you).

I don't wanna clog up the board with betting talk. PM me if you want to chat about it.

Hi Ferris just noticed your response - thanks but tbh I don't gamble - too close to my work running a multi asset global hedge fund - however I am a keen student of the psychology of betting and odds - betting on a change in direction of odds would force more market efficiency in the gambling world.

Hi Ferris just noticed your response - thanks but tbh I don't gamble - too close to my work running a multi asset global hedge fund - however I am a keen student of the psychology of betting and odds - betting on a change in direction of odds would force more market efficiency in the gambling world.
Betting odds and trends of gamblers money does seem interesting for me and tbh that's what I used to enjoy seeing about odds.

It reminds me more of marketing trends and habits of punters under certain form lines and news about clubs

For those posting don't bet etc in this thread. That's why we made this thread to keep bet discussions out of general footy threads and preview threads.

Don't like it? Close the browser and walk away no one is forcing you to read/participate

In other news I'm unsure about this Hawks Sydney game feel the Hawks might rally for roughie and Sydney's form has been troubling of late

That is why several posts were moved to this thread from our Main Board.

That is why several posts were moved to this thread from our Main Board.
Is that where they came from? I just saw the posts I was referring to in this thread and thought that's where they were put. That why I created this in the blueroom to keep it off the main board

Is that where they came from? I just saw the posts I was referring to in this thread and thought that's where they were put. That why I created this in the blueroom to keep it off the main board

Yes they did.

7 posts were moved into this thread from our main board on Thursday night.

The posts came from the Gen AFL Disc thread.

Yes they did.

7 posts were moved into this thread from our main board on Thursday night.

The posts came from the Gen AFL Disc thread.
I only got the unread notification from Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh it's good to have you back :D

I'll have to check back here later in the week for your tips! ;)

Mate my tips have been sub par at best this year. My 50-50s have been going against me.

Although I got 7 last week. Missed out on Collingwood and Hawks. Thought Hawks would do it for roughy otherwise I would've gone Sydney

Mate my tips have been sub par at best this year. My 50-50s have been going against me.

Although I got 7 last week. Missed out on Collingwood and Hawks. Thought Hawks would do it for roughy otherwise I would've gone Sydney
Ahh I tipped the Swans on Friday. Thought they'd be smarting after the Richmond debacle and Hawthorn have been fairly average this season.

Must admit, haven't looked at this week's games yet.

Ahh I tipped the Swans on Friday. Thought they'd be smarting after the Richmond debacle and Hawthorn have been fairly average this season.

Must admit, haven't looked at this week's games yet.
If it wasn't for the roughy news I would've gone Sydney 100%
Sydney looked poor against Brisbane then dropped one to Richmond and it was at the MCG again...

Sydney North is an interesting one.

North have some hard games coming up if they can beat Geelong and Sydney they can go into player management mode.

My feelings about north for the flag is that their older players might not keep up intensity necessary for finals success so late in the year, if they can win those 2 games and manage their players it goes along way to winning the flag imo.

Those 2 games are as important to their success as getting home finals and the weeks break.

If it wasn't for the roughy news I would've gone Sydney 100%
Sydney looked poor against Brisbane then dropped one to Richmond and it was at the MCG again...

Sydney North is an interesting one.

North have some hard games coming up if they can beat Geelong and Sydney they can go into player management mode.

My feelings about north for the flag is that their older players might not keep up intensity necessary for finals success so late in the year, if they can win those 2 games and manage their players it goes along way to winning the flag imo.

Those 2 games are as important to their success as getting home finals and the weeks break.
I don't rate North as a premiership contender at all. They've had a super soft draw thus far. Sydney should get it done on Friday night, although I'm expecting it might be a ripper game.

I didn't but as the season goes the other premiership contenders are falling away.

They might be showing something at the right time other teams are having troubles.

Full list and if they put in Sydney should be unbeatable but their last few weeks have been far from impressive

I didn't but as the season goes the other premiership contenders are falling away.

They might be showing something at the right time other teams are having troubles.

Full list and if they put in Sydney should be unbeatable but their last few weeks have been far from impressive
I see at least both Sydney clubs as better than the Roos. I've written off Hawthorn though. Geelong at their best could probably do it.

So I think it's probably out of Sydney, GWS, Geelong and the Roos.

That's my pick for top 4 also

Sydney have had a down patch north haven't yet.

Like I said north need to beat Geelong and Sydney. If they can do that they can enter full management mode without a whole lot of risk.

Doing that is as important to their chances as making the top 4 altogether. If they fail to knock off the swans and the cats they risk burning themselves out through the rest of the season

GWS don't have the finals experience to go all the way imo

I'd go as far as to say if north beat Sydney by 20+ points I'll put money on them for the flag

That's my pick for top 4 also

Sydney have had a down patch north haven't yet.

Like I said north need to beat Geelong and Sydney. If they can do that they can enter full management mode without a whole lot of risk.

Doing that is as important to their chances as making the top 4 altogether. If they fail to knock off the swans and the cats they risk burning themselves out through the rest of the season
Think North need top 2 myself. I don't fancy them if they have to make the trip North.

Wouldn't write GWS off either. Plenty of finals experience in that team now. They're scary good at the moment.

Well played AFL, you sneaky buggers. Sounds fairly easy on paper - 5 correct tips out of 9 each week.
Oh, wait, it only starts in round 11 when the bye rounds start. That means you have to tip 5/6, 5/7 and 5/6 for the next 3 weeks. Most will be eliminated by the time it gets back to 9 games per round.

tips.PNG

Well played AFL, you sneaky buggers. Sounds fairly easy on paper - 5 correct tips out of 9 each week.
Oh, wait, it only starts in round 11 when the bye rounds start. That means you have to tip 5/6, 5/7 and 5/6 for the next 3 weeks. Most will be eliminated by the time it gets back to 9 games per round.

View attachment 376688
I'm not too fussed, but curious why this was moved to a betting page? It's just footy tips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back