FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Mooney is funny I reckon and was good tonight....cannot stand Pang, pathetic comedy. What the hell was Dave O'Neill on for? Promoted, not ironically, as a "famous Geelong fan" ....then he admits he started only started following football during Covid!!
Each to their own - I prefer Pang's smart arse style quick wit and delivery, (he and Malloy play off each other well, loosely a modern day Roy and HG) whereas Mooney I simply just don't get and he was deplorable as the host of the failed 'Up The Guts' show, but conversely I do have friends who consider him funny...

Last edited:

Each to their own - I prefer Pang's smart arse style quick wit and delivery, (he and Malloy play off each other well, loosely a modern day Roy and HG) whereas Mooney I simply just don't get and he was deplorable as the host of the failed 'Up The Guts' show, but conversely I do have friends who consider him funny...
I 100% prefer pang (I got howled down in another thread for noting that Pang and Maher are absolutely the glue of this show) and I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of Mooney but I thought he was alright last night.

Didn’t mind Mooney, bit off track at times but could handle him a few times a year

Mooney is a funny bloke, Pang is a funny bloke, Molloy is a funny bloke. None of them are comedy superstars, but O'Neil is not funny. To think the old Triple R Breakfasters inflicted him, Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek on the world.
Personally i dont find Mick funny in the slightest but he fills a role on the show.

Ultimately the three man panel of Maher, Pang and Molloy all do their roles really really well. Having said that, Molloys bit on the Carlton losses was actually elite content.

I seem to recall Langbroek on the Panel years ago and thought she was pretty good but a bit like Maher shes not really a comedian, shes also gotten real shouty/preachy and old lady into crystals recently.

Id have Mooney back in a heartbeat over Santo Cilauro when he was on recently... that was painful.

Personally i dont find Mick funny in the slightest but he fills a role on the show.

Ultimately the three man panel of Maher, Pang and Molloy all do their roles really really well. Having said that, Molloys bit on the Carlton losses was actually elite content.

I seem to recall Langbroek on the Panel years ago and thought she was pretty good but a bit like Maher shes not really a comedian, shes also gotten real shouty/preachy and old lady into crystals recently.

Id have Mooney back in a heartbeat over Santo Cilauro when he was on recently... that was painful.
Concur re Malloy - however aside from his comedic role and boof-head persona, he is actually widely respected in the industry as an astute producer and writer, having cut his teeth working with some icons of the industry at the ABC many moons ago with the D-Generation and subsequent projects including radio, writing and performing various shows on Triple M. Malloy's Front Bar Entertainment company produces the show which once ran head to head and played a part in the downfall of the Ch.9's long-running 'Footy Show'.

Edit.
Sam Pang on the other hand would be the kid at school - when forgetting to complete a homework assignment and being made an example of in class, would quickly invent and confidently claim that this was due to a devastating ransomware attack on his computer..! - with everyone but the teacher bursting into raucous laughter...
I've also watched Pang on other shows and I suspect if it wasn't for modern PC filters, he would deliver far more comedic quips and witty one-liners.

Last edited:
Concur re Malloy - however aside from his comedic role and boof-head persona, he is actually widely respected in the industry as an astute producer and writer, having cut his teeth working with some icons of the industry at the ABC many moons ago with the D-Generation and subsequent projects including radio writing and performing various shows on Triple M. Malloy's Front Bar Entertainment company produces the show which once ran head to head and played a part in the downfall of the Ch.9's long-running 'Footy Show'.
Martin/Molloy was absolutely genius stuff for nigh on a decade. Mick has gone on to much greater levels of success so he clearly knows what hes doing.

I 100% prefer pang (I got howled down in another thread for noting that Pang and Maher are absolutely the glue of this show) and I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of Mooney but I thought he was alright last night.
The show works well with all 3 of them. Pang in particular is very funny and quick witted.

As for O'Neill, don't mind him. Thank Christ they didn't get Dave Hughes, just can't stand him. He's neither funny or a comedian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think the old Triple R Breakfasters inflicted him, Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek on the world
Who was it, Langbroek, Crackman , sometimes Safran, Hughes on a Friday morning? shared the same local with Hughes back then but never came across him (The Waterloo)

Who was it, Langbroek, Crackman , sometimes Safran, Hughes on a Friday morning? shared the same local with Hughes back then but never came across him (The Waterloo)
I do not recall the specific co-presenters of the time, fondly but vaguely just the shows; Martin/Malloy, Tough Love, Hot Breakfast etc...

I do not recall the specific co-presenters of the time, fondly but vaguely just the shows; Martin/Malloy, Tough Love, Hot Breakfast etc...
Best of the Brat was my favorite. Astonishingly filthy radio, where the presenters all had to have pseudonyms

Generally don't think much of him (although he had some funny moments on the old Dirty Laundry show a decade ago) but I thought Mooney was pretty good last night, I'd never heard the term "Cold Case" used with regards to dogshit, but I though it was brilliant and couldn't stop laughing.

Generally don't think much of him (although he had some funny moments on the old Dirty Laundry show a decade ago) but I thought Mooney was pretty good last night, I'd never heard the term "Cold Case" used with regards to dogshit, but I though it was brilliant and couldn't stop laughing.

when I saw Mooney in for Pang I groaned as generally find him unfunny and annoying but I enjoyed him on that episode and had a few good laughs. The bit about dogshit and todays kids would never have seen a dried up turd I cracked up too. Maybe I’m getting more immature …..

when I saw Mooney in for Pang I groaned as generally find him unfunny and annoying but I enjoyed him on that episode and had a few good laughs. The bit about dogshit and todays kids would never have seen a dried up turd I cracked up too. Maybe I’m getting more immature …..

Yes, I have to admit Mooney did okay. I've never found him all that funny, but a mate of mine saw him live and said he was hilarious. The thing I found interesting is usually Molloy tends to dominate, Pang feeds off him and they bounce off each other a lot, whereas there were moments when Molloy was desperate to get a word in and Mooney was the dominator.

Has anyone been part of the live audience? I'm assuming it's done at the Ch7 studios at Docklands. On my bucket list of things to do so wondering what it's like?

Yes, I have to admit Mooney did okay. I've never found him all that funny, but a mate of mine saw him live and said he was hilarious. The thing I found interesting is usually Molloy tends to dominate, Pang feeds off him and they bounce off each other a lot, whereas there were moments when Molloy was desperate to get a word in and Mooney was the dominator.

Yeah, thought the same as you about how Mooney And Molloy worked together, maybe it forced Malloy to work harder as they worked well. Maher didn’t get much of a word in which is never a bad thing.

Andy 'AFLW, it's good footy' Maher
Related - the boys teasing Andy recently about not be retained as Carlton's AFLW runner, which Maher clearly was/is not happy about.
Their persistent jibes throughout one recent show included; 'Did you have an exit interview?' 'Did your KPI's drop off?' 'It was clearly budget cuts? (NB. it's a voluntary role)', then also showing the footage of Maher leading the playing group last year running across ground warming up pre-game, when he goes off to the right while they all turn left away from him - with Malloy then weighing in; 'I'd wager at that point in time, unbeknownst to yourself, you'd lost the group!'....
I also enjoy Pang's usual quip to Maher when he's rambling and fawning over a guest (which occurs often); 'Mate, is there a question coming..?' :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back