Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess the argument would be that what we’re told about space itself and what the other planets look like, isn’t real either. Like I said, I’m on the fence and do find it a bit far fetched that it’s some great conspiracy that so many people would have to be in on. On the other hand though, it’s easy to just write off people as nut jobs who believe in FE and not have to come up with any explanations. Space is weird, and it could be anything out there, and until we see it with our eyes, in person (which will never happen) I guess we’ll never know.

I guess the argument would be that what we’re told about space itself and what the other planets look like, isn’t real either. Like I said, I’m on the fence and do find it a bit far fetched that it’s some great conspiracy that so many people would have to be in on. On the other hand though, it’s easy to just write off people as nut jobs who believe in FE and not have to come up with any explanations. Space is weird, and it could be anything out there, and until we see it with our eyes, in person (which will never happen) I guess we’ll never know.

Watch the Netflix docu on Flat Earthing (Beyond the Curve iirc) and you'll see the real reason it has followers is because its a club. Just like any club, the members feel special being in it and encourage each other to keep the club going. For a lot of them it makes them money, for others they just like the attention and recognition from likeminded people.

I just now read a good article on Physics world website that did in fact debunk a fair bit of the stuff that was used as “evidence” in the video I watched last night. Again, I’m not really leaning one way or another, and find it interesting on both sides. Some good arguments that can be proved right or wrong was all I was after. Seems I’ve found a few already.

I watched the first hour or so of the video that was in the Pizzagate thread last night. The first part was about flat earth. I’ve stated before in here, that I’m on the fence, and am open to either possibility, but I found a lot of the stuff quite convincing, especially the dodgy NASA stuff, augmented reality inside the space station etc. I’d love someone to watch it and de-bunk a lot of it, and prove it wrong if they could? I’m not sure what to believe, but I’ve always found it really hard to believe that we’re spinning around and hurtling through space at such massive speeds, it just seems odd and hard to fathom.

Okay.

So is everything flat then? Other planets, stars, etc?

If not, why is earth the only 'flat' planet we've encountered?

Like I’ve said a few times, I’m not really leaning one way or another, just find the topic and both sides of it interesting. I’ve now read some stuff that’s debunked a lot of the stuff in the video, which is what I initially wanted to find, as it was quite convincing (the video that is)

I watched the first hour or so of the video that was in the Pizzagate thread last night. The first part was about flat earth. I’ve stated before in here, that I’m on the fence, and am open to either possibility, but I found a lot of the stuff quite convincing, especially the dodgy NASA stuff, augmented reality inside the space station etc. I’d love someone to watch it and de-bunk a lot of it, and prove it wrong if they could? I’m not sure what to believe, but I’ve always found it really hard to believe that we’re spinning around and hurtling through space at such massive speeds, it just seems odd and hard to fathom.
You are right and correct to see believe and no one can debunk it, they just lol to try to get around it

Do you believe in communication satellites? They go pretty fast as they orbit the Earth.

You are right and correct to see believe and no one can debunk it, they just lol to try to get around it
I mean it's been debunked countless times but some people just won't accept it. Always have some excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was referring to fake footage from ISS and other space related events/footage. Shouldve elaborated in mt post, sorry.
I must apologise too. I misread and thought you were quoting the latest post, not the first. Play on pal.

Back