Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

4-1 with a much improved style of play and synergy up forward, still feel the same?
Round 1 was ******* awful, not a single thing to like about it. Not getting carried away with the past month, cautiously optimistic but we beat crap teams like this last year too. Proof will be in the pudding at the business end of the year, see if we/Goody tightens up and becomes scared to get scored against like we have the past two years.

Round 1 was ******* awful, not a single thing to like about it. Not getting carried away with the past month, cautiously optimistic but we beat crap teams like this last year too. Proof will be in the pudding at the business end of the year, see if we/Goody tightens up and become scared to get scored against like we have the past two years.
Yeah, my outlook was pretty bleak after rd 1 too. Being a life long Dees fan, cautious optimism is asd far as I'll ever go. The most positive I usually get is mild pessimism.

I'd say Port are a good team, but we banked the win. It was a game we managed to win that wasn't on our terms.

Yeah, my outlook was pretty bleak after rd 1 too. Being a life long Dees fan, cautious optimism is asd far as I'll ever go. The most positive I usually get is mild pessimism.

I'd say Port are a good team, but we banked the win. It was a game we managed to win that wasn't on our terms.
The win over Port was good coz it was different like you said and thats what im cautiously optimistic about. The Dogs an Hawthorn looked similar to games against them the past two years is what i meant, and the Adelaide win is what it is off a five day break, nothing special but you need a few wins like that throughout the season.

Love being a month behind in a thread and just reading through after the rd 1 loss.

Dem melts.

This reminds me of the people crowing last year about our strong run home. How’d that end up?

I think we have shown some improvement but I’m not fully buying in for at least another month (Lions/Tigers/Cats/Blues). See how we go after this block, not just results wise but style wise.

This reminds me of the people crowing last year about our strong run home. How’d that end up?

I think we have shown some improvement but I’m not fully buying in for at least another month (Lions/Tigers/Cats/Blues). See how we go after this block, not just results wise but style wise.
We outplayed two teams in the finals and still lost.

I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid yet either, but writing the team off after one loss in hindsight is funny. My post wasn't about if we had come good, rather how quickly things can change.

Writing the club off after one loss but not trusting them after 4 straight wins is a very Melbourne supporter thing to do. I felt the same I just didn't post it.

A very big month ahead. Lions not in great form and tigers a middling team are important wins to bank.

Vis a vis the Tholstrup announcement, one small thing I like about Goody is that he never makes a debutant the sub (that I can recall). I think he recognises the importance of your first game and not sitting on the pine for 3 and a half quarters.
Not an AFL debut, but club debut wise he made Billings the sub for his first game for us

Why does it take so long for him to make moves? Rivers through the middle should have been done after half time. Watching us getting belted in clearance all night but doing nothing to try to change it

4-1 with a much improved style of play and synergy up forward, still feel the same?
Hands up if you got sucked in to us beating s**t teams. There was never extra synergy up forward outside of the dogs and hawks which were uncontested games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on here didn't see this thread. Correlating results with being a 'better' side is expected score type of rubbish. Exact same as last year. So many declared us a changed side 5 games in. More I look at us the more I see more of the same s**t. Stubborn selections, rusted on magnets and a revertion to the normal when under pressure

I have asked before and I will ask again

Why the * do we have to pay for an extra coach to be Goodwin’s mentor when we don’t even have a proper forward line coach?

It is costing us soft cap, Goodwin has not once actually coached without a mentor (Roos/Neil/Richo/Choco) meanwhile we have Stafford coaching our forwards despite our forward line being trash for the best part of 2 decades.

All teams know now is that once defenders press up, that our forwards will be too s**t to compete and make it a 50/50 contest on the wings so it will just rebound back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back