Watford (h) 17/3

Palace (a) 31/3

Everton (a) 8/4

Bournemouth (h) 14/4

WBA (a) 22/4

Stoke (h) 28/4

Chelsea (a) 5/5

Brighton (h) 13/5

Chelsea away on the 2nd last matchday could be very tense if we haven't wrapped up top 4 by then.

9 games remaining and Man U & Chelsea the only top 5 sides:

Man U (a) 10/3

Watford (h) 17/3

Palace (a) 31/3

Everton (a) 8/4

Bournemouth (h) 14/4

WBA (a) 22/4

Stoke (h) 28/4

Chelsea (a) 5/5

Brighton (h) 13/5

min 17pts from that I would think.

that would put us on 87min for the season, should be enough for top 3.

There's some delicious irony in that comment, now that Coutinho has gone. ;). But yeah, all good.
But Cout would just make us better in that department. The fact we are starting to do it has no effect on whether Cout left of not. He'd be perfect for us still. But he's history now so we move on. We're doing alright without him so far.

You can't deny we are better without him
I dont think we are better without him at all. I think we've just continued to be a good team which we have been all season. With VVD settling in, if we plonked Coutinho back into the side, we'd only get better and better because he's one of the best players in the world.

It's just a credit to the rest of the squad and Klopp that we have continued to perform without him.

We are total opposites when it comes to couti.
No doubt his brilliant is brilliant, but many of our players have to sacrifice themselves to allow him to do this.
I don't like sacrificing our team for his ego.
Take him out all of a sudden all out players arr playing a team game, allowed to shine and we look amazing.
We could win the UCL now I'm a lot more confident than I was when couti was playing
Its the Patrick Dangerfield effect

But Cout would just make us better in that department. The fact we are starting to do it has no effect on whether Cout left of not. He'd be perfect for us still. But he's history now so we move on. We're doing alright without him so far.
No drama. I was just having a bit of fun. And you would know i shared the same feelings as you when he left. :thumbsu:

No doubt his brilliant is brilliant, but many of our players have to sacrifice themselves to allow him to do this.
Take him out all of a sudden all out players arr playing a team game, allowed to shine and we look amazing.
We could win the UCL now I'm a lot more confident than I was when couti was playing
So player leaves team x for team y. Team x become better and do a power ranger stance to "intimidate" the opposition?

I dont think we are better without him at all. I think we've just continued to be a good team which we have been all season. With VVD settling in, if we plonked Coutinho back into the side, we'd only get better and better because he's one of the best players in the world.

It's just a credit to the rest of the squad and Klopp that we have continued to perform without him.

While I tend to agree with that, Klopp himself said that we are better without Phil as it forces the other players to try and find other ways to break teams down instead of just looking for Phil every time we have the ball.

While I tend to agree with that, Klopp himself said that we are better without Phil as it forces the other players to try and find other ways to break teams down instead of just looking for Phil every time we have the ball.
Its what the crows use to do with dangerfl.
He goes, all of a sudden everyone else has to step up, we become more unpredictable make a GF.

The Ewing Theory.
I always feel for Patrick. He's the one bloke who seems to cop it more than others. Even though he was one of many great players who failed to win championship because of Michael Jordan.

You gotta remember too that he never really was given a second banana. Those Knicks teams were tough as hell and had plenty of very good players on it like Starks, Oakley, Mason, Harper, Smith but he never really had a true second option.

Do you even watch games or take note of the guys. Coutinho might be a bit naive in getting what he wants (Barca move) and stupid enough to go about it all the wrong way but an ego? Nah, he doesnt have an ego. He's a pretty shy kid, down to earth family man. He's not Ronaldo.

You act like we revolved around Coutinho and every player lived to serve him. That couldnt be further from the truth. In recent times that was more prevalent with Suarez and the teams we had around him.

Coutinho in recent times, particularly this season, was just one cog in a well oiled machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't think phil is a huge loss because our midfield is insanely generic because of the roles drilled into them

phil wouldn't have been a superstar in midfield right now because there's no role for a player with his abilities
He was playing behind Mane/Firm/Salah before we sold him though so there was clearly a role for him.

There are probably 2 issues here and neither of them even relate to Cout.

1/ the structure was wrong (I believe) with a front 4 - it was too attacking. That is a Manager thing

2/ VVD is proving to be a massive inclusion

Both can still work with or without Cout. Luckily Liverpool have enough quality forward to cover his loss

Its what the crows use to do with dangerfl.
He goes, all of a sudden everyone else has to step up, we become more unpredictable make a GF.

Fair point. It's like the tiges did with Vickey and Deledio. We became more rounded and unpredictable to make and win a Grand Final.

lol deledios wiki photo has both of them in it

814px-Deledio_pregame_%28cropped%29.jpg

I always feel for Patrick. He's the one bloke who seems to cop it more than others. Even though he was one of many great players who failed to win championship because of Michael Jordan.

You gotta remember too that he never really was given a second banana. Those Knicks teams were tough as hell and had plenty of very good players on it like Starks, Oakley, Mason, Harper, Smith but he never really had a true second option.

Always fun watching the lunch pail hard hat players you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back