The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#9 Dream

My nervousness started to ease about, um, 30 secs after kickoff!!

Get in you Reds.

Have a ticket on my All Red card for Sunday. Now I'm nervous about Qantas and their f***ing strike.

Very nice. When do you fly out and how long are you in Liverpool and/ or England for?

I remember you telling me a story about getting a ticket to the vs. Chelsea 4-4 UCL game a few years back. :thumbsu:

AND GET IN REDMEN! Bring on Tottenham.

Firstly, it's been a great end to the season, albeit one with mixed emotions for what might have been.

With Suarez playing the main striker role and Kuyt in support (I'm still unsure on Maxi despite his recent goal scoring) we seem to be playing with much more energy, movement and consequently, look much more likely to score.

Bringing Carroll back in appears to negatively affect this style, not through any fault of his own, (although he can't chase and harass like Kuyt/Suarez) but it appears we revert to a more direct, aerial route when he plays.

So the question is, how to do we best utilise Carroll and still maintain the energetic, fast movement style of play that's turned our fortunes around over the past two months?

Personally, I don't really want to move Suarez out wide, but playing him alongside Carroll in the middle means that we'll have to play only two central midfielders, meaning probably Meireles misses out (Given Gerrard seems to be locked in and the combination of the two would likely to regarded as too attacking).

On a seperate note, it was good to see Shelvey being used in a more standard position when coming off the bench rather than left back. I know he'd probably only been filling in there because of the lack of numbers but the more time he gets used to playing in the middle of the park, the better.

never thought I'd see the day when a Frenzal Rhomb song was appropriated for a Liverpool chant:p
[YOUTUBE]6JP-whQcPXY[/YOUTUBE]

Maxi continues to amaze. Last season I thought he was looking very washed up, but two hattricks this season is remarkable. We're absolutely flying at the moment, and I'm loving it. :thumbsu: Fernando Who? Stephen Who? :confused:

amazing how a hattrick changes the opinion of a player.:)

looks like 5th is ours to lose now, beat spurs this weekend and we'll qualify for europa league with a game to spare. if i had of said that in january i would have been laughed at no doubt.

Firstly, it's been a great end to the season, albeit one with mixed emotions for what might have been.

With Suarez playing the main striker role and Kuyt in support (I'm still unsure on Maxi despite his recent goal scoring) we seem to be playing with much more energy, movement and consequently, look much more likely to score.

Bringing Carroll back in appears to negatively affect this style, not through any fault of his own, (although he can't chase and harass like Kuyt/Suarez) but it appears we revert to a more direct, aerial route when he plays.

So the question is, how to do we best utilise Carroll and still maintain the energetic, fast movement style of play that's turned our fortunes around over the past two months?

Personally, I don't really want to move Suarez out wide, but playing him alongside Carroll in the middle means that we'll have to play only two central midfielders, meaning probably Meireles misses out (Given Gerrard seems to be locked in and the combination of the two would likely to regarded as too attacking).

On a seperate note, it was good to see Shelvey being used in a more standard position when coming off the bench rather than left back. I know he'd probably only been filling in there because of the lack of numbers but the more time he gets used to playing in the middle of the park, the better.

some of our play between suarez kuyt carroll when AC was in the team was fantastic but you're right it was a different style using Andy's head a lot. we are riding this wave of optimism and ending the season on a high but it will be most impressive if Kenny has us switched on from day one next year when we will have new additions to the squad. i can't wait for the transfers to get under way

Very nice. When do you fly out and how long are you in Liverpool and/ or England for?

I remember you telling me a story about getting a ticket to the vs. Chelsea 4-4 UCL game a few years back. :thumbsu:

AND GET IN REDMEN! Bring on Tottenham.

All going well I'm out at 3.30pm Friday with Qantas. Get in to Heathrow 5am Saturday. I've only got 9 days away, but I'm getting to the FA Cup final, Spurs game, Europa final and a Roger Waters concert. Face value all tickets!

That CL semi was the 2008 one we lost 3-2 after ET. Had to pay a tout and sit with the Chavs.

You went to Reds games this season, yeah?

Very pumped for Sunday - get to see them secure Europe hopefully. Despite all the league Sunday games, I want to be in Europa cos we are always a chance of winning the thing. Been too long since we had a trophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having Carroll there will give Suarez more space to work in. Luis had a field day against Fulham who were shocking defensively, Hangeland looked unfit and Salcido was abysmal at left back. He won't get the same amount of time and space against better defenders.

The last flickering hope of 4th place is gone, but we can wrap up 5th (with a game to spare) against Spurs on Sunday.

Actually its 99% certain that drawing our last 2 games will be good enough for 5th given our GD is +18 and Spurs are only +6.

Even if he's passed fit I'm not sure I want an underdone Andy Carroll lumbering around our forwardline at the moment. A good bench option though.

amazing how a hattrick changes the opinion of a player.:)

Will have to do a lot more then just a one off good spell to convince me he's anything more then a depth player, otherwise he will just be another Bruno Cheyrou.

The last flickering hope of 4th place is gone, but we can wrap up 5th (with a game to spare) against Spurs on Sunday.

Actually its 99% certain that drawing our last 2 games will be good enough for 5th given our GD is +18 and Spurs are only +6.

Even if he's passed fit I'm not sure I want an underdone Andy Carroll lumbering around our forwardline at the moment. A good bench option though.
This. Would rather get him fit in the off season and work on formation with him and suarez then, really have the team primed for next year

All going well I'm out at 3.30pm Friday with Qantas. Get in to Heathrow 5am Saturday. I've only got 9 days away, but I'm getting to the FA Cup final, Spurs game, Europa final and a Roger Waters concert. Face value all tickets!

That CL semi was the 2008 one we lost 3-2 after ET. Had to pay a tout and sit with the Chavs.

You went to Reds games this season, yeah?

Very pumped for Sunday - get to see them secure Europe hopefully. Despite all the league Sunday games, I want to be in Europa cos we are always a chance of winning the thing. Been too long since we had a trophy.

Very nice tour you got going there. I went to Liverpool vs. Blackburn back in October, tried getting tickets to the Merseyside Derby which was like a day after I got to England but it didn't go to plan. I do plan to get over there again in the near future though. :thumbsu:

Very nice tour you got going there. I went to Liverpool vs. Blackburn back in October, tried getting tickets to the Merseyside Derby which was like a day after I got to England but it didn't go to plan. I do plan to get over there again in the near future though. :thumbsu:

That was a good game to miss out on a ticket for, I reckon!

I know, I watched it in a bar in London with these old ladies who supported the bitters. Wasn't the best.

Good luck with your trip mate, hopefully I will catch you at the pub next season, although if I am honest I forget your face.

The thing about Carroll is, when he's in the side we don't play it on the ground as often. We go for the aerial option too many times, which really isn't our strength

We look ace playing it on the floor, if we can keep doing that despite having Carroll there and not be tempted to hoof it to him, then Carroll would be amazing for us. He has shown that he is so much better utilized when we don't hoof it to him

Morning Liverpool fans,

I was on your board a while ago regarding a rumour about your club.

The rumour I had heard was the Liverpool were to come out here on a pre-season trip. The plan was to spend a week at Coffs Harbour or somewhere on the northern beaches in NSW for a week and culminate in a friendly against Sydney FC.

The person who told me this was involved in negotiations so I trust what he says (he told me about Robert Smith/Cure coming well before it was announced), he has just told me that at this stage Liverpool are NOT coming due to some unreasonable demands by players and player agents and they are now in negotiations with............

AC Milan!

I am still holding out hope Liverpool will come as is my contact as he is a scouser but it appears it is only a very small chance.

I honestly hope and pray you guys beat the filth and qualify for the Europa League. Good Luck.

Sorry for the intrusion but thought you might like to know what I was banging on about a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back