The Big Footy Liverpool Army Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movement off the ball when we have possession is woeful, we need someone who can dictate the play from midfield. Pity we mustn't have one as I'm sure he would've been played if we did.

Riera needs to play well today. Been given a chance and has to deliver if he wants to keep playing and give himself a chance of playing for Spain in the WC.

He can book his summer holidays now. Awful display today.

Righto Rafa, time to get Aquilani in there and give him a chance to impress in a game that's delicately balanced. No creativity whatsoever tonight.

rofl at Lucas ffs, it has become laughable that this bloke hasn't missed a prem league match this season let alone being in a top 4 club, also did he just fall over while running before lol

*shakes head and :eek: that i was a rafa supporter* but why would you bring on elzar and take off yosi???:eek::eek: and leave aqua man on the bench??????? :eek::eek::eek:

wow i cant believe i stayed awake to watch that great game(one for the ages) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The NEZ-inator is on. Game over Blackburn.

meanwhile, I hope Aquaman is ready for his exhausting 5 minute spell.

We couldn't even get that. I understand Rafas logic though, Nabil El Zhar is way more creative and superior to Aqulaini :rolleyes:

*shakes head and :eek: that i was a rafa supporter* but why would you bring on elzar and take off yosi???:eek::eek: and leave aqua man on the bench??????? :eek::eek::eek:

Just typical of the head scratching decisions made by Benitez througout his time at Liverpool. Never took the initiative until the 2nd half. I think he was expecting Blackburn to tire after their midweek game.

Mind you, it wouldn't have mattered what line-up/subs we went with today because our passing was so poor. Played a good 15 minutes in the 2nd half, that's about it. Just so sick of the way we're playing.

N'gog should have put his chance away, though the cross was deflected. But then again you have to concede that Blackburn had great chances from Di Santo (early 2nd half), McCarthy and Kalacnic late on. Great effort by Reina btw in that last one.

Its not often Benitez drags a player 5 mins into the 2nd half, but it was 5 minutes more than Riera deserved. Get rid in January, SURELY.

The situation with Aquilani has become a sick joke. If you spend 18m on a player thats still played less than 30 minutes of football by December, you've made a bad buy.

Okay, positives. We kept another clean sheet. The full backs were both pretty good. Its pleasing that Insua has found a bit more form in recent games. Reina solid. Gerrard was a bit better than last week, looked fitter and more energetic. I also can't forget to mention the appearance of Mr El Zhar, who has surely proven he's a better RW than Ronaldo.

Fiorentina next up. Expecting a crowd of 5,000. Play our fringe players (but not Aquilani of course :rolleyes:) and save our senior players for the softies from North London next weekend. Please be fit Nando.

I didn't see the whole game, but bloody hell we are so one dimensional.

Riera is bloody shocking, El Zhar was laughable and Lucas did nothing of any note that I saw.

Torres and Aquilani V Arsenal please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a particularly memorable game. First half in particular was a shocking spectacle, though the game did improve slightly after the break.

Draw was probably a fair result in the end. Couldn't believe Ngog's shot didn't go in. We looked better once Ngog came on for the anonymous Riera. The Aquilani situation is mystifying. One would have thought that with us struggling to create chances a player known for his passing and creativity would at least have been given a chance as a substitute. El Zhar actually looked alright when he came on but again, at 0-0 with the team on top you'd probably be better off keeping a player like Benayoun on the ground. We obviously miss Torres badly but unfortunately it sounds like we're just going to have to manage his injury throughout the rest of the season and he therefore will continue to miss games.

At least we kept another clean sheet and are unbeaten in six games (which is no great achievement for a club like this but after our run earlier in the season it is at least something).

Give Aquilani back to Roma in January and let them keep the money we already gave them.

Im sick of Benitez being so cautious when it hasn't worked for a long time. Did he not see what happened in the 2nd half of last season when he took some of the shackles off.

We wont be finishing top 4 while we can't put away teams like Blackburn or Birmingham.

i can see the reason for leaving aquilani on the bench, and whos to say a player that hasnt played for longer than 15 minutes in 6 months would have had any great impact.

playing kuyt as a lone striker is ridiculous and as much as i like ngog i still think a striker should be our first preference.

i can see the reason for leaving aquilani on the bench, and whos to say a player that hasnt played for longer than 15 minutes in 6 months would have had any great impact.

playing kuyt as a lone striker is ridiculous and as much as i like ngog i still think a striker should be our first preference.

I can see the reason for leaving Aquilani on the bench, at least initially, as this was always going to be a tough, physical game.

There is no guarantee that he would have made an impact, but given that the game was still level in the second half and we were struggling to create genuine opportunities, and given that Aquilani is known for his passing ability, I think it would have been worth bringing him on. Had we been winning then I agree, leaving him off would probably have been justified. But we needed a bit more invention to break the deadlock and he could have provided that.

Agree about Ngog. I think he is actually coming along nicely. He is a victim of circumstance I reckon; he suffers from the fact that he has to be the second-choice striker before he is really ready to be this.

We can't keep on using the same stale tactics, formations and players in games like the Blackburn one, because it will most likely mean in dropped points.

We must take risks and come up with new ideas if we want to stay near the top. The way we are performing now is basically giving a personal invitation to Tottenham and Man City to take our place.

If this means Rafa leaving, then so be it.

Another poor performance by Liverpool - and by Rafa Benitez. Ngog should have buried his chance. We turned the ball over far too often. We're playing with very little confidence at the moment. I saw only two real positives to come from this game. Gerrard's return to form and El Zhar showing a bit when he came on.

Some football followers call SAF senile however im beginning to think that this is a more appropriate nickname for Rafa.

I appreciate what he has acheived as manager however I don't think he is the right person to lead us anymore.

He has cost us with his stubborness, bad man management and conservatism.

If he wasn't such a ****head then maybe we would still have Crouch, Keane, Alonso and wouldn't be faced with horrendous depth problems.

The clock is ticking and each game he is in charge of is costing us more and more.

I wouldn't be pissed off at all at the Yanks if they decided to fire him in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back