Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Good comfortable win. Great to see the Spurs Keane we paid for finally come to life. He bossed the match and looked dangerous right the way through. Two well taken goals too despite Carson's brain malfunction on the second one.

I was disappointed that he was substituted but we need to get some minute into Torres. I also swooned like a little girl when he came on. I love him. :D Gerrard bossed things too from midfield. And Arbeloa's goal was excellent, well played in by the ever industrious Kuyt too.

Seriously though, how was the finish on his left foot!? Torres like.

Back to the top of the league now. Let's hope Chelsea slip up. But I doubt it.

ORIGINAL THREAD = http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168479

Re: The Big Footy Liverpool Army

:rolleyes: yeh cos taking a player off (after scroing 2 goals),to put on your star striker to give him a bit of match practice when the game is in the bag must mean he hates him...nice one

Rafa took Keane off to give him a rest so he could start against tottenham midweek...seriously, its a f***ing substitution with the match in the bag which gives Torres some match practice. Do you honestly think that with only 2 goals in the game his confidence is the same, but if he gets 3 it magically skyrockets? gimme a break...

Rafa must also hate Babel, Lucas, Riera, Agger (when Skrtle wasn't injured) etc. because most of the time they dont play 90 mins...

1. your clutching at straws if your taking my comment of Rafa hating Robbie seriously
2. yes I do believe a hattrick would skyrocket one's confidence - especially if it's a striker who has scored 2 goals in 16 odd games before tonight. A hattrick is a lot more special than a double, hence it's prestige.

Considering Robbie has been struggling to find form, I don't see why you'd take a bloke, struggling to score, off so early on a day where he could have scored a handful. Right now every single goal Keane gets is gold. If he was holding his own (which he was), someone else could have come off to let Torres on. Especially seeing as I would have thought a carefree 15 minutes to allow Keane and Torres to play together would have been valuable. Every goal Keane gets at the moment is crucial, and I thought considering he wasn't tired or playing badly, he could have stayed on with a huge chance of adding to his tally

What would you prefer? A loss to spurs and Keane getting a whole bunch of confidence from a very good game (and seeing this form carry on like I know it will) or a spurs win and a continuation of the Keane donkey?

This is going to be Keanes turning point. He was dominating so greatly that all his teammates tried to mimic him (with all their unsuccessful backheels).

Good game. Though I don't think many teams would be troubled against a team with such a shoddy midfield and denfense.

I still cant see Torres and Keane working though? Which is perhaps why one went off and the other came on?

They don't work together.

Which is why, despite Keane's quality (not that he has shown much of it in a Liverpool shirt yet), it was a waste of 19m.

Subscribing to the new thread.

Top of the table for the day. :thumbsu:

Good news about Rafa's contract, but does that mean H+G are sticking around? They're meant to be hiring Merrill Lynch to find an appropriate buyer, bizarre.

Anyone know what's going on with that Dubai Sheik?

They don't work together.

It hasn't looked like it.

However, they haven't really had enough time to develop yet. When they did eventually show some signs of linking up, an away game came up, where Keane was sacrificed for solidity. Then Torres got injured, for the second time.

I'd like to see more before I make a definitive judgement on their partnership.

Which is why, despite Keane's quality (not that he has shown much of it in a Liverpool shirt yet), it was a waste of 19m.

I think you've only said that about 859 times in the last two weeks.

I think you've only said that about 859 times in the last two weeks.

Do you want me to make it 860? ;)

But seriously, you guys play best when you play a 4-2-3-1. You agree with that?

If you play a 4-2-3-1, there's only room for one of either Keane or Torres, unless you play Keane wide on the left, but then why not just buy a winger?

You can argue that Keane is very good back-up, and when Torres gets injured it's good to have a player of his quality to call upon.

That would be correct, however why would you possibly spend 19m on a back-up player?

Tough away games and Champions League ties against top quality opposition? Definitely.

I'd prefer to play with 2 strikers (providing they understand each other) at home. Given now that Riera seems to have replaced Babel from the 4-2-3-1 from last year. He plays much more as a conventional winger, and does a lot more tracking back than Babel did/does.

If you play a 4-2-3-1, there's only room for one of either Keane or Torres, unless you play Keane wide on the left, but then why not just buy a winger?

I think I've made my views clear on players that have no winger qualities playing out there! :p

You can argue that Keane is very good back-up, and when Torres gets injured it's good to have a player of his quality to call upon.

That would be correct, however why would you possibly spend 19m on a back-up player?

Quite obvious that he was brought in to play in a 4-4-2 (or variation of). So I think he'll be given a chance to in the coming weeks, because we've got some "easier" (now I've done it!) games coming up.

So we'll see how it goes.

Well made up for Arby. He's always so ecstatic when everyone else scores, so it was nice to see him grab one. Top finish too.

A nice comfortable 3-0. Could've been 6 or 7. Probably only our second comfortable win of the season.

not bad for a garbage team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the change in threads

good play from what ive seen of the match, the through balls for both of keanes goals were supurb

not bad for a garbage team.

It wasn't.

But we've got West Broms arrogant, expansive style of play to thank for that.

Some stories in a few Brazilian papers that we've agreed to sign Keirrison from Curitiba for 18m euros :eek:.

CSKA offered 12 but it was rejected, and I'm pretty sure a substantial part of his contract is held by a 3rd party, "Traffic".

Pretty sure he doesn't qualify for a work permit, but he could be classed as an "exceptional talent" I guess.

Chelski spent 30 on Sheva
If Manure spend the 30 on Tevez they will be doing likewise

It wasn't.

But we've got West Broms arrogant, expansive style of play to thank for that.

Full credit to them for not playing the usual hoofball style that most promoted clubs do, but if they don't adapt their style very soon they'll go down.

They're not good enough to play the attractive game style.

Chelsea spent 30 on Sheva. Exactly. Look at how that turned out for them.

Come one FC, it was his fantastic defending last season which helped them almost win the title :p

Subscribing to the new thread.

Top of the table for the day. :thumbsu:

Good news about Rafa's contract, but does that mean H+G are sticking around? They're meant to be hiring Merrill Lynch to find an appropriate buyer, bizarre.

Anyone know what's going on with that Dubai Sheik?

All quiet on the western front unfortunaely with DIC. Rumblings happen every few weeks but nothing happens of it

haha, Liverpool fans are genuinely excited that Keane scored twice against West Brom at Anfield.

and even worse was that both goals were 1 on 1's with Scott Carson.

more reminder of why so many people find many of your supporters amusing.

yep, that 20 mil for the 29 year old who's done shit all so far is well and justified now.

:D :D

Good solid game all round. Expected result, and the type of result we should expect against the WBA's of the league. +ve's = Keane opens account, late but deserved. Clean sheet, Nando got casual run out, completely dominated game after the 1st 20mins and never really got out of 2nd gear.

haha, Liverpool fans are genuinely excited that Keane scored twice against West Brom at Anfield.

yep, that 20 mil for the 29 year old who's done shit all so far is well and justified now.

Oh and it is vacuous posts like this, from somebody who "supports" about 45 teams, that reminds us all why we find you so amusing.

Damned if you, damned if you don't.

You're criticizing him for scoring? If he'd missed those you would have criticized him for missing.

Given the season he's had so far and the pressure he's been under damn right we're excited for him. He is one of our players after all and why shouldn't we be happy he's finally put some goals away? I'm yet to hear one bit of criticism for Berbatov who despite all the fanfare has scored only one more goal then Keane this season and cost 10 million more as well

There's just no winning with some people.

It's not like his finishes were particularly spectacular though.

He played well, and it was good for him that he scored, however both goals that he scored were put on a plate for him, and if he missed those he'd deserve to get criticised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back