Win Prizes The Bay needs you - a call to arms of non bay flogs (main bored posters excluded)

Remove this Banner Ad

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Day 1 @ the Gathering

Arrived @ Adelaide with the first flight from Sydney because it's the cheapest - I'm a cheap Westie.

It's my first trip to the city of churches so I was pumped! Like a former political staffer, I looked for the hookers and some blow, but no success that early in the morning.

I decided to visit Alberton Oval to see if Kochie was there. He wasn't but the Port museum was packed full of history and nostalgia. It really is the home of the True Magpies! Well, that's the impression I got after watching an in-home documentary and a plethora of Magpie merchandise for sale. Eddy should be proud!

Walked through Alberton and I was shocked at the lack of dentally challenged people in the traditionally working class area! It was noticed even by the commentators that the crowd for the 2003 qualifying final between Port and Swans was low due to the fans unable to afford high ticket price. Hence I was confused that there weren't bogans. Heck, the public housing was better quality than in Sydney! Bigfooty sociology taught me that Port = ferals. Was I fed lies?? Only bogans I saw were visiting Western Bulldogs fans.

(BTW, that final was a cracker! The ultimate underdogs led by courageous Daryl Cresswick beat the Choco’s chokers, hence BF went full * with ‘... stop, stop, stop… choke choke choke! ’ for a whole year)

Checked in at Bedbugs and Breakfast for a well earned rest then headed to Skycity, Adelaide's premium entertainment district. It’s a cool place but Rooty Hills RSL is bigger and pays out better. AFL hub next door was good.

TLDR: In my lofty opinion, Adelaide is a perfect place to host the Gather Round permanently. It's small, cosy and football mad. Lack of F1 and Toyota factory means it deserves priority. Coffee is better in Sydney though - Adelaide tries to upstage by charging Sydney prices.

Justice for Elmer.
I use to respect Elmer a lot when he was a true "Carlton fan", he kind of me reminded me of myself he loved his club so much and he would always sticked up for them through good and bad times, wore his heart on his sleeve for them. Then since i came back here after my ban was lifted he was like a different person always constantly sooking about posters at the bay asking for then to be banned all the time and he also sticking up for the cats and getting offended if you posted anything negative about them, wtf? but the worst thing was when he got on the turps then starting abusing everyone if his team lost in gameday threads that was it for me i lost all respect for him then.

Attention all non-bay posting lurking D/Hs (yes we know you are out there).

It's true the standard of the bay has declined in recent times. Yes it's also true this is due to the spamming *holes that are Geelong, Richmond and Collingwood flogs. Bosk tried his best to even the ledger and improve things by going missing when the Hawfies turned to s**t, but the stench of what remains still brings us all down :(

Now is the time to take a stand. Dinsdale and I can only do so much.

If you lurk you are one of us. Sure probably not as funny and hence too scared to post, but * it if Footy Is The Win gets airtime you can't be any worse :$

Stand up friends. Ask not what The Bay can do for you - ask what you can do for The Bay

(its a JFK reference you millennial / Gen z uneducated flogs)

Apply within friends :)

8liiq8.jpg
200w (10).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont bother, i quit the bay.

Day 2 @ The Magic Round

In my haste, I booked the flight tickets but didn't check the availability of game tickets. Only thing available was Pepsi Collective tickets at $120 which was advertised for hip people to attend for food, drinks and DJs. As a middle aged man who reads Bay 13 and its drama, I'm not hip anymore.

My apprehension wasn't helped by the fact that there were two most pretentious influencers stood before me as we queued for the gates to open! But I was relieved to see normal people in the area - just like me, there were disorganised and forced to buy overpriced seats.

AFL is winner here. Controlling supply with staggered release of seats, thereby inflating demand for exorbitant prices.

For those who are still skeptical about the magic round, I mean Gather, let it go. It's a roaring success and it will get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 2 @ The Magic Round

In my haste, I booked the flight tickets but didn't check the availability of game tickets. Only thing available was Pepsi Collective tickets at $120 which was advertised for hip people to attend for food, drinks and DJs. As a middle aged man who reads Bay 13 and its drama, I'm not hip anymore.

My apprehension wasn't helped by the fact that there were two most pretentious influencers stood before me as we queued for the gates to open! But I was relieved to see normal people in the area - just like me, there were disorganised and forced to buy overpriced seats.

AFL is winner here. Controlling supply with staggered release of seats, thereby inflating demand for exorbitant prices.

For those who are still skeptical about the magic round, I mean Gather, let it go. It's a roaring success and it will get better.
Thank you for your efforts friend but I believe you missed an important part of the OP

8liiq8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 2 @ The Magic Round

For those m. ongs who are still skeptical about the magic round, I mean Gather, let it go. It's a roaring success and it will get better.
It should be legal to shank “influencers”. What an absolute waste of oxygen and space they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back