Remove this Banner Ad

I'll probably jinx it but Uganda are having a red hot crack at the Zimbots here. Consecutive fours bringing it back to just 43 required from 33, with seven wickets in hand.

I'll probably jinx it but Uganda are having a red hot crack at the Zimbots here. Consecutive fours bringing it back to just 43 required from 33, with seven wickets in hand.
Uganda have won it with an over to spare. Some bewildering tactics from the Zimbabwe pacers who kept bowling pace on, on a pitch where the slower balls were the go to. Still a sensational innings from Riazat Ali Shah at the end taking down Chatara.

Zimbabweans are losing their s**t about it on twitter.

Uganda have been thereabouts in Africa for a while. Higher end of their league counterparts but below Namibia, Kenya, Zimbabwe etc. I hope they can kick on from this.

It was only October last year that Zimbabwe beat Pakistan, who were on their way to the T20WC final. Huge result for Uganda.

Also beat Australia last year. It was all going pretty well for Zimbabwe until that loss to Scotland in the World Cup qualifiers.

Same thing happened 4 years ago when they were beaten by the UAE to miss the World Cup in England. They regressed pretty badly after that and it looks like it's happening again.

Uganda beat Kenya by 33 runs last night so now all they need to do is to beat the winless Rwanda tonight and they're in to their first World Cup at the expense of Zimbabwe.

Uganda have played Rwanda 16 times in the last 3 years and won all 16 so it would be some upset for it not to happen.

Uganda beat Kenya by 33 runs last night so now all they need to do is to beat the winless Rwanda tonight and they're in to their first World Cup at the expense of Zimbabwe.
Wild

Uganda have played Rwanda 16 times in the last 3 years and won all 16 so it would be some upset for it not to happen.
Now you've done it.

Never thought I'd be following the ball-by-ball coverage of Rwanda vs Uganda but here we are.

Rwanda 6/52 after 15 overs. Uganda doing everything they need to at this stage.

Never thought I'd be following the ball-by-ball coverage of Rwanda vs Uganda but here we are.

Rwanda 6/52 after 15 overs. Uganda doing everything they need to at this stage.
Where can I watch this. I've hooked my phone up to the TV at work right watching the ban v nz game. But would rather watch this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where can I watch this. I've hooked my phone up to the TV at work right watching the ban v nz game. But would rather watch this
There's an app - icc.tv.

I'm at work still so have been following the ball-by-ball text commentary on Google. Literally just googled Uganda vs Rwanda and it comes up with a scorecard, etc. Cricinfo not doing live coverage, believe it or not. But they are covering the Legends League....

Uganda chasing just 66 for a spot in the T20 World Cup.

There's an app - icc.tv.

I'm at work still so have been following the ball-by-ball text commentary on Google. Literally just googled Uganda vs Rwanda and it comes up with a scorecard, etc. Cricinfo not doing live coverage, believe it or not. But they are covering the Legends League....

Uganda chasing just 66 for a spot in the T20 World Cup.
Thanks, got it playing

so 11 of the 12 test nations through (no zimbabwe)

other qualifiers:

netherlands
scotland
nepal
oman
namibia
uganda
canada
usa
papua new guinea

20 teams, so 4 groups of 5? You'd have to seed them, wouldn't you?

Top 8 seeds (in no particular order): Australia, England, India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Pakistan, Bangladesh
9-12: West Indies, Afghanistan, Ireland, Netherlands
13-16: Scotland, Nepal, Namibia, USA (get this grade as hosts?)
17-20: Canada, Oman, Uganda, PNG

So two from the top group and one from the other three every time

Top 8 seeds (in no particular order): Australia, England, India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Pakistan, Bangladesh

yes, 4 groups of 5, top 2 from each group progress to Super 8s stage (points carried forward)

Depends how you seed it but I don't see a way that Bangladesh could be seeded top 8 at the moment given they're 9th in the rankings (West Indies 7th) and they didn't finish top 8 at the last World Cup which decided the automatic qualifiers for this World Cup (Netherlands replace them in that case).

Namibia are also up to 12th in the rankings now above Ireland.

There is a very good chance they're going to rig the groups so that India, Pakistan and USA are all in the same group based in the USA so that makes it difficult to see how they're going to go about the draw. Bertus De Jong did a good thread on it on twitter:

Even Canada.

They hosted a T20I quadrangular tournament vs Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Pakistan in 2008 but since then the only test team they've played in any format was Ireland, once, in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back