List Mgmt. The 2017 Delistings Thread [OP updated 12/9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trenners to be Casey captain and player wellfare manager or something of the like.
He deserves to stay at the club in some capacity

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What a s**t sandwich the footy Gods served up for Jack Trengove. I loved him in red and blue for us - preferred him to $cully from the outset. Such a bummer to be ruined by injury in that way, and such an inspiration that he kept on coming and gave it his best shot to see if he could get back.

Cheers Jack. Thanks and I hope the future brings you good things.

Really pretty sad to hear about jack Trengove. I was sure he was going to be an elite captain who gave his all for your club- not often this happens but somehow I feel robbed that we all didn't get to see it happen. It's only now I've heard of his delisting I remember just how certain he was going to be in the Trent Cotchin mold years ago.
Can someone give me a very brief rundown of why his career is over? I know he's pretty slow around the field- it was a broken foot years ago no?

Really pretty sad to hear about jack Trengove. I was sure he was going to be an elite captain who gave his all for your club- not often this happens but somehow I feel robbed that we all didn't get to see it happen. It's only now I've heard of his delisting I remember just how certain he was going to be in the Trent Cotchin mold years ago.
Can someone give me a very brief rundown of why his career is over? I know he's pretty slow around the field- it was a broken foot years ago no?

His footy injury caused him to go from average pace to treacle and he lost all power through the hips and legs.

Surprised about Spencer, given our wafer thin ruck stocks.

Writing was always on the wall for Trenners. Shattered for him. Just crueled by injury.
I suppose with Pedersen getting the nod, the writing was on the wall for Spencer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised about Spencer, given our wafer thin ruck stocks.

Writing was always on the wall for Trenners. Shattered for him. Just crueled by injury.
Yeah there was an article not long ago saying that we would offer him a contract, we will need to find a mature aged ruck from the state leagues probably.

Yeah there was an article not long ago saying that we would offer him a contract, we will need to find a mature aged ruck from the state leagues probably.

I don't think we will. We played with Pedo Tmac and Watts in the ruck at times last year. Hell if the Weid puts on some size he can ruck as well. Even Frost as an emergency.

Interesting about Kent. Clearly playing without the confidence Roos gave him in to run and carry the footy now. Needs to go to a side that will let him play high half forward and get the ball on the spread because he can deliver quite well into the 50
His weakness was always how one sided he was and that he was a terrible one on one mark and judge of flight so can't play deep.

Vanders absolutely deserves another go. I read someone say he needs another trick outside tackling? Not really. Richmond have 4 forwards who can only tackle and snag the odd goal and it works. Vanders is a handy contested mark and he sets the tone up forward with his physicality.

If Kent goes I feel I might need a new name again

Interesting about Kent. Clearly playing without the confidence Roos gave him in to run and carry the footy now. Needs to go to a side that will let him play high half forward and get the ball on the spread because he can deliver quite well into the 50
His weakness was always how one sided he was and that he was a terrible one on one mark and judge of flight so can't play deep.

Vanders absolutely deserves another go. I read someone say he needs another trick outside tackling? Not really. Richmond have 4 forwards who can only tackle and snag the odd goal and it works. Vanders is a handy contested mark and he sets the tone up forward with his physicality.

If Kent goes I feel I might need a new name again

Yeah Kent is horrid at judging the ball in the air, similar to Frost he fumbles and double grabs everything. I don't think he looked fit this year and it showed, would be sad to see him go as I think he could be a good player at AFL level but he might feel like he has to move to kickstart his career.

Yeah Kent is horrid at judging the ball in the air, similar to Frost he fumbles and double grabs everything. I don't think he looked fit this year and it showed, would be sad to see him go as I think he could be a good player at AFL level but he might feel like he has to move to kickstart his career.

Way worse than frost, I can't think of another player whose role was forward of Centre who was a worse mark. Then we he does mark it his set shots are pretty crap too. I still like him and if he can get his heat mat between the arcs he can play AFL but it's pretty clear we don't rate him anymore.

Still think Kent can be a valuable player for us next year and beyond. I think he'll be staying with us but understandable if he's looking at other options. He's too good a player to be in the reserves and he didn't have an ideal pre-season with his back flaring up and he struggled for form in the season. The shoulder injury against Adelaide made for a s**t end to his year. Hopefully he can get through the pre-season with no major injury interruptions as I still like what he has to offer in our side. Big year for Kent in 2018, he's a valuable player at his best, hopefully he gets a good crack at it.

Still think Kent can be a valuable player for us next year and beyond. I think he'll be staying with us but understandable if he's looking at other options. He's too good a player to be in the reserves and he didn't have an ideal pre-season with his back flaring up and he struggled for form in the season. The shoulder injury against Adelaide made for a s**t end to his year. Hopefully he can get through the pre-season with no major injury interruptions as I still like what he has to offer in our side. Big year for Kent in 2018, he's a valuable player at his best, hopefully he gets a good crack at it.

Problem for Kent is pretty simple. Mitch Hannan came in to the side and is a better forward in every way. James Harmes stepped up a little as well and he can go into the midfield rotations. Christian Petracca at times dominated the position. Jake Melksham started kicking clutch goals on a weekly basis.

Kent needs to re invent himself as a winger which means he needs to do nothing but run for the pre season

Problem for Kent is pretty simple. Mitch Hannan came in to the side and is a better forward in every way. James Harmes stepped up a little as well and he can go into the midfield rotations. Christian Petracca at times dominated the position. Jake Melksham started kicking clutch goals on a weekly basis.

Kent needs to re invent himself as a winger which means he needs to do nothing but run for the pre season
I think his running is going to be a big focus going into next season. He'll be able to do a lot of that due to his shoulder injury, ideally I'd like him to lose some weight as well. We've seen that he can be a quality run and carry player so I'll be interested to see how he'll fare in 2018. Hannan and ANB have emerged for us in the forward half and that's made it harder for Kent no doubt but it's good competition though.

Just hope he can get a full crack at it and even if he's not preferred in the best 22 come the early rounds of next season, I'm sure he'll get his opportunity at some stage and that's when we will know if he can take it and cement himself back in the best 22. Big question mark though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back