Analysis The 2016 Supercoach Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your guys thoughts on Tyson? Had him for a bit last year and he failed to ton up.

Massive POD, only owned by around 0.3%
I'd hold off. He seems a bit out of touch.
His best is good but is nowhere near that atm. Not getting hands on it enough, not looking like snagging a goal and butchering the pill a bit too.

Currently have 8 blokes in the top 10 lowest BE's which I'm pumped about.
With the 3 young guns at Sydney and a great crop of young talent across the comp, there is sooo much coin to be made in the early part of the season.
Bite the bullet, keep coin in the bank and just make sure you have as many of these kids before their price goes up.

That's a good sign.

What are his pros & cons - will he play this week?
Might do - hard to be sure. If so only on the basis of the slop played by about 15 other guys last weekend.

He is a decent player, but came into preseason with some kind of injury. And while he seemed to recover okay, he wasn't played in NAB at all - which I was a bit surprised at. Nor are there any particular mentions of what he is doing in any respect at all.

I'd say he is a mystery man and caution is warranted.

That's a good sign.

What are his pros & cons - will he play this week?

In all seriouness, he can find the ball and also kicks goals. At $231k you could do worse, but he's the kind of guy who'll be first out of the side after a loss. He got 36 possies and two in the practice match against Box Hill last week.

In all seriouness, he can find the ball and also kicks goals. At $231k you could do worse, but he's the kind of guy who'll be first out of the side after a loss. He got 36 possies and two in the practice match against Box Hill last week.
Too awkward a price for mine with the blokes he's against for a spot.

Might do - hard to be sure. If so only on the basis of the slop played by about 15 other guys last weekend.

He is a decent player, but came into preseason with some kind of injury. And while he seemed to recover okay, he wasn't played in NAB at all - which I was a bit surprised at. Nor are there any particular mentions of what he is doing in any respect at all.

I'd say he is a mystery man and caution is warranted.
I'd say a 36d/2g game is just about the opposite of only being played because others are s**t.

Howdy guys, with Angus Brayshaw getting dropped would you expect Oliver to play in the midfield more and attend more center bounces?
Doubt it, he will likely be on a planned amount of minutes assuming he plays, Vince will likely play more in the midfield this week rather than at halfback with Wagner coming in.

Doubt it, he will likely be on a planned amount of minutes assuming he plays, Vince will likely play more in the midfield this week rather than at halfback with Wagner coming in.
I'm actually asking the question for my AFL Fantasy team. With scores of 61 & 49 he hasn't been giving me the scores I was expecting and because he was a more expensive rookie he's not making me a lot cash either. I'm chasing some cash to make upgrades elsewhere and I'm considering downgrading him. Earlier that I would like. Can you guys see him scoring any better in the near future?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually asking the question for my AFL Fantasy team. With scores of 61 & 49 he hasn't been giving me the scores I was expecting and because he was a more expensive rookie he's not making me a lot cash either. I'm chasing some cash to make upgrades elsewhere and I'm considering downgrading him. Earlier that I would like. Can you guys see him scoring any better in the near future?

The potential is there, but it's hard for a kid if the team around him is playing shitfully or peaheartedly.

It's hard to see him racking up big scores purely because even when he does play it will be on reduced minutes. He may even be dropped this week to allow room for all of Frost, Dunn and Pedersen to cover North's key talls.

Whether you burn a trade to get rid of him is up to you but he's not looking a promising buy at this stage.

hey dees, can we talk about Wagner?

whats are his best 22 prospects from here, being mature age might help him stay in?

has he finally put a fork in Grimes chances? or is he minding the hb spot for someone else? who is he frighting with for a spot?

cheers

Hey guys, didn't see the game today but was there a change in role for Tom Bugg which caused the spike in his scoring? If yes is he likely to continue on with a similar role?

Cheers
There wasn't really a change of role for Bugg today, he just looked a bit more comfortable having a crack. It was very open behind Collingwood's press too. Probably the most expendable member of the 22 when Vince/Garlett/Petracca/Trengove/Vandenberg are back in contention.
hey dees, can we talk about Wagner?

whats are his best 22 prospects from here, being mature age might help him stay in?

has he finally put a fork in Grimes chances? or is he minding the hb spot for someone else? who is he frighting with for a spot?

cheers
Wagner's probably in the role that Garland has played in for the last five years. He's playing well, but still doesn't look particularly settled at the level (which is understandable). He's the kind of player who is one bad game away from being dropped, or one good reserves game from Garland away from being very unlucky. As for Grimes (at 414k, lol), I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him again in red and blue.

TMac advice please. Not even totally sure why I picked him TBH. Any thoughts on his drop in scoring and if he's worth holding?
Drop in scoring is because he is palming it off rather than doing his 3-bounce runs. Gameplan related and will not change. Doubt he is worth holding.

TMac advice please. Not even totally sure why I picked him TBH. Any thoughts on his drop in scoring and if he's worth holding?

I've looked at TMac closely as well, as a potential out for my Jesse Lonergan situation. But, three things:
1. He's a confidence player who's confidence takes a hit a couple of times a game due to bad turnovers, because his kicking is sometimes very poor.
2. With the above, and having mobile half backs who can actually kick the ball around him (e.g. Christian Salem), he's more likely, and I'm sure encouraged, to give the ball off to one of those rather than kick it himself.
3. Our midfield is starting to gel and we're pressing up higher and with more consistent intensity. So our back line isn't seeing as much of the ball, and when they they do it's often on a fast counterattack after a turnover, and that puts defense at a disadvantage re positioning and structuring up.

That said, he's reading the play well and holding his marks. So he may get on a roll at some point and back himself more. I'm waiting to see that happen first, though.

Anyone else starting to feel Viney as a potential SC relevant player?

Maybe by the middle of this year/start of next year he might start turning those 90-100's into regular 110+ but is certainly on the radar as a cheaper POD right now for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back