Competitions The 2013 BF Demons Ultimate Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

So are we actually posting them on here or are we doing it on UF?

Also, could someone text me on Friday night/Saturday morning if it comes up as my turn and also on Sunday afternoon?

Yeah so posting picks in the new stickied draft thread.

Striker475 if you PM me your number I can let you know... Assume you plan to be sleeping a lot this weekend? Haha.
"Sleeping" at the girlfriend's house...

Wouldn't it be easier to use the drafting function? It stops everyone having to look at every single person who has been picked (which is a bit of a waste of time) and just looking at people that haven't been picked?

Yeah you may have a point DemonJim, I'll have a look into it tonight. Setting up a custom draft may involve paying the $40 fee to get all the bells and whistles, but that's something we can organise easily enough if we want to do it that way.

Shouldn't have to... on the SFA board we are in the middle of a draft... (as far as i know we aren't paying for it) you can setup for it to be active from say 8am - 8pm with 4 hours between picks. So if you get your pick at 6pm, you actually have till 10am the next morning to pick... but it will run alot quicker than posting it on a board.

Yeah you may have a point DemonJim, I'll have a look into it tonight. Setting up a custom draft may involve paying the $40 fee to get all the bells and whistles, but that's something we can organise easily enough if we want to do it that way.
No, I think it's fine looking at it. Start time 9am, time per pick 3 hours, between the times...

So this is what the UF site has in terms of slow online drafts:

"SLOW" ONLINE DRAFT

"Slow" Online Drafts operate similar to Live Online Drafts, but rather than 1 minute per pick coaches can have up to 24 hours. This allows more time for coaches to analyse each selection and may involve the draft stretching over a week or two. This style of draft may also be useful if your league can't find a time where everyone is available for a live draft.
In addition to setting how long each team has per pick, leagues can select between which hours the draft should run. By default drafts are set to run between 8am and 9pm AEST but can be set to whatever range the league desires. Setting a resonable opertating time avoids the possiblity of a coaches pick occuring at 3am when they're asleep!
To keep the draft ticking over each coach can set up a short list of preferred players and autopick preferences. Emails alerts are also used to notify coaches when it's their pick.

I'm coming around to this idea. Email alerts are a plus, and we can customise it exactly how we were going to run the thing on the thread here.

I'm mainly liking it because it's a lot less work for me - I would have been checking it every 10 minutes on BF, and then I would have had to enter every team manually after the draft.

So does anyone have any massive problems with drafting on the UF site? The mobile app won't support that but you can just do it in your web browser on your phone if you're on the move.

The UF website is the way to go. It's easy to draft on your phone without the app and as lose said, you can't draft the same player and it's far easier to see who is available.

It also means the autopick option will be up to each member, not you.

Can we start on Saturday as I will be at Soundwave on Friday and won't be checking the internet while Metallica, Linkin Park, A Perfect Circle, Offspring, Blink 182 & Cyprus Hill are playing

Let's just make it 9am on fri, I've got my first day of uni on Fri, and it actually starts at 9am as well, but I'll still manage to pick my player. We won't be able to find a timeslot where everyone is free, and the bottom line is most of us at one stage will probs have to use the auto-pick once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we can't really push it back sorry sivart , we're already pressed for time as it is and will need to draft pretty quickly. If you want we can arrange for the coach picking before you to send you a text when it's your turn so that you don't miss out... It's the first couple of rounds so I'm sure you can find a minute or two in between sets/bands to make a pick.

I am still a little uncertain about something, Captain Jack - how long will each coach have between draft picks?

Depends on where you are in the order... Those at 1 and 16 will pick twice in a row every time they pick, but those in the middle will have even gaps between picks.

Depends on where you are in the order... Those at 1 and 16 will pick twice in a row every time they pick, but those in the middle will have even gaps between picks.

Whoops. Silly me. :) I meant how long will we have to pick when we're on the clock? One minute, one hour, two hours, one day, etc.

With the 'bench' players, how many are you allowed per position? Is there a limit? Can you essentially have 7 ruckmen. 1 Starting ruck, 1 Emergency, and 5 on the bench, I know that no one would do this, but hypothetically can this happen?

With the 'bench' players, how many are you allowed per position? Is there a limit? Can you essentially have 7 ruckmen. 1 Starting ruck, 1 Emergency, and 5 on the bench, I know that no one would do this, but hypothetically can this happen?
You could hypothetically pick 27 forwards, but you would only be able to field a team of 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back