Sport Tennis Thread...a game of broken racquets and short skirts

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been some very surprising losses so far..

Stoser is our great hope for this tournament all ticker and a great ambassador for the sport.
Tomic, why cant he get through one single game without drama? "I was dizzy" "The Tennis boss's are flogs for banning my Dad" ..etc, etc I really cant stand him anymore given him plenty of chances, flog with a capital F..

Has been some very surprising losses so far..

Stoser is our great hope for this tournament all ticker and a great ambassador for the sport.
Tomic, why cant he get through one single game without drama? "I was dizzy" "The Tennis boss's are flogs for banning my Dad" ..etc, etc I really cant stand him anymore given him plenty of chances, flog with a capital F..

Huh? What excuses did he use this tournament?

I think he was referring to his round 1 match.

Fair enough. Anyone catch his sneaky comment about faking injury to get his Berdych match postponed to the next day if it'd gone to five? Probably not a smart thing to say...

Fair enough. Anyone catch his sneaky comment about faking injury to get his Berdych match postponed to the next day if it'd gone to five? Probably not a smart thing to say...

I had no issue with it, Rather a player be honest than a robot like many players at ATP level these days.

I had no issue with it, Rather a player be honest than a robot like many players at ATP level these days.

Oh I enjoyed that he was honest, but surely the next time he calls for an injury time out there will be people questioning the legitimacy of his injury?

Oh I enjoyed that he was honest, but surely the next time he calls for an injury time out there will be people questioning the legitimacy of his injury?

Probably, unfortunately with tennis these days you never really know if an injury was real or fake, happens far far too often.

Probably, unfortunately with tennis these days you never really know if an injury was real or fake, happens far far too often.

It must be just about the only sport that let's you take time out to catch your breath, get treatment for cramp, injury etc. and keep playing. Boxing I suppose is another?

Just flicked over to the Hopman Cup and I can now see the resemblance between Milos Raonic and another big Canadian Mike Pyke

Just flicked over to the Hopman Cup and I can now see the resemblance between Milos Raonic and another big Canadian Mike Pyke

Yep! Have thought so for a while, think it's mainly the height and curly hair.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Australian Open draw?

Feel pretty sorry for Federer (Has got the draw from hell, RD 3 Verdasco, RD 4 Tsonga, QF Murray, SF Nadal, F Djokovic..... Talk about the draw from hell)

Have tickets to Tuesday nights session at Rod Lava, Should be a great Spectacle seeing Nadal and Tomic play (Hopefully Tomic can find a way to get up... Not hopeful though)

What are everyone's thoughts on the Australian Open draw?

Feel pretty sorry for Federer (Has got the draw from hell, RD 3 Verdasco, RD 4 Tsonga, QF Murray, SF Nadal, F Djokovic..... Talk about the draw from hell)

Have tickets to Tuesday nights session at Rod Lava, Should be a great Spectacle seeing Nadal and Tomic play (Hopefully Tomic can find a way to get up... Not hopeful though)

I thought Tomic had a dream draw? I find it amusing that Hewwitt is still our number one ranked Aussie at his age you have to respect that what a fighter.
I hope Stouser can hold it together and find form she trains harder than she plays I know this personally and we have a kid with a long wog name I cant recall that might surprise a few, sounded Italian or similar?

I have been listening to Tomics press talks after his recent wins and he has been full of praise for his opponents, I think overly to pump his own tyres up it very obvious that he is making an effort with the press.
I want to hear him if he loses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have tickets to Tuesday nights session at Rod Lava, Should be a great Spectacle seeing Nadal and Tomic play )
Ok I heard it wrong on the radio today, yeah Nadal is a tough ask first up.. Tomic just won his game and is through to the final in Sydney. Have a listen to the praise he will give his opponent.

Anyone see the Sydney International Final? Yeah I didn't either. Thought I would switch over after 50 odd minutes for the second set. Hmmm must be raining. No, Tomic just s**t.

It really wasn't a great match...

That being said Del Potro played fantastic and would of pushed of most any player in the world today, really impressed with his improved movement.

Anyone see the Sydney International Final? Yeah I didn't either. Thought I would switch over after 50 odd minutes for the second set. Hmmm must be raining. No, Tomic just s**t.

Yeah very disappointing, he needs the points because I really don't give him a chance against Rafa, but I guess stranger things have happened.

What... Hewitt to play doubles with Pat Rafter at the Aus Open?

What... Hewitt to play doubles with Pat Rafter at the Aus Open?

I still can't get my head around it... Last time he played a match of any kind was during the seniors tour in 2009... And even then his results weren't spectacular.

I think it's possible Hewitt just couldn't get a proper doubles partner in time and just wanted to get some more court time at the Australian open, Especially with Luczak now being retired he has lost his regular doubles partner.

His still down a set and on deuce on his current service game, but his looking very competitive.

I wasn't suggesting I expect him to win! Lol. He IS playing Federer...

He's a friend of a friend so awesome to see him do well.