• New Jumper With the State Team Colours

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • State team design but logo instead of map

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Something completely original

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

revealed as the 'foundation jumper' .... might be nothing ..... might be something

expect its more of a marketing effort at this point to get the state on board from the outset - a more permanent design choice will reveal itself down the track (even after their first/second season in the comp)

[edit] .... great logo and colour scheme ..... top marks there
Hopefully the wording leaves the door open for the map to be the 'foundation'/'heritage' guernsey alongside different home and away Guernsey's. We'll see though plenty of water to go under the bridge before the first game.

I believe they’re gonna play in the VFL (which now includes NSW and QLD) for their first year pre entry aren’t they?

If that’s the case the state jumper as the main kit makes sense.

I still think that jumper but changing the map to a shield or possibly yoke is the go. Honor the heritage and history but don’t desecrate with non Tasmanians wearing it.

Hopefully the wording leaves the door open for the map to be the 'foundation'/'heritage' guernsey alongside different home and away Guernsey's. We'll see though plenty of water to go under the bridge before the first game.
more clues to what 'foundation jumper' might mean .... more marketing strategy than a definite jumper design
for round 1?

It's missing half of its jaw

I suspect this logo might be designed to fit into a shield (see v rough mock up below) Tas Logo blank2.jpg
Logo itself reminds me a bit of the Lions paddle pop design.

Agree with many comments about the jumper, map & T. Colours are broadly in the right place but needs to move away from map.

However, in a sense I dont care about any of that. What is important is that the club is now open, it exists, with an identity and a membership we can all buy. I have bought a membership, everyone should.

GWS had a different guernsey prior to its AFL guernsey.
This and what the club has hinted at without really saying is the current guernsey is just a predictable easy and recognisable placeholder. I'm now more certain with what they've said on X above that they will have a new home and away in the coming years. I just don't know why they haven't come out and said that. It's like GC got stuck with their placeholder
Yeah? Have a photo? Clean forgot about that.
images - 2024-03-18T225111.671.jpeg

I believe they’re gonna play in the VFL (which now includes NSW and QLD) for their first year pre entry aren’t they?

If that’s the case the state jumper as the main kit makes sense.

I still think that jumper but changing the map to a shield or possibly yoke is the go. Honor the heritage and history but don’t desecrate with non Tasmanians wearing it.
That is correct they will be playing in the VFL and AFLW before hand.

Thing is, there didn’t need to be a fake created identity. There is already a strong one, and crowds just busting to buy tickets

Should do a deal with AFL. Bring forward the start date and the stadium will be built as soon as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been a strange branding announcement without a jumper. At least you saw the colours on a jumper. We know jumpers change over time

Did they just leak a possible design? It’s clearly fabric and echos the logo just add some trim in the other colours or a gold or pink one with same shading

Maybe gold trim with some pink flashing over the shoulder or something. Tassie map symbol below the collar at the back

Could use other foundation colours pink or gold main colour on away jumper, but those would clash more with other jumpers

934677EA-66A0-4E2D-9EDD-30484B9FE2FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Did they just leak a possible design? It’s clearly fabric and echos the logo just add some trim in the other colours or a gold or pink one with same shading

Maybe gold trim with some pink flashing over the shoulder or something. Tassie map symbol below the collar at the back

Could use other foundation colours pink or gold main colour on away jumper, but those would clash more with other jumpers

View attachment 1933035
They could use that pattern to tie the new 'wild' brand into the classic state jumper

1000003755.jpg

I prefer no map. In any form. It is not a part of the logo in any way.

The brand is the devil. That is our logo. So, use that as a template and go from there. Green is the majority colour. The pattern Green doesn't look too bad.

Maybe a Red triangle Yoke with a yellow outline. (too much like demons probably)

vertical racing stripes are Yellow and Red, Yellow, similar to our first SoO jumper, but a simplified devil's head(ala old Bulldogs design) in the middle.

The brand is the devil. That is our logo. So, use that as a template and go from there. Green is the majority colour. The pattern Green doesn't look too bad.

Maybe a Red triangle Yoke with a yellow outline. (too much like demons probably)

vertical racing stripes are Yellow and Red, Yellow, similar to our first SoO jumper, but a simplified devil's head(ala old Bulldogs design) in the middle.

Yes, the first couple of this page. Reckon this has gone on for so long, that my idea is actually their idea, and i forgot it wasn't mine.

Either way, If we get a vote on this, they have to use Hare-Clark and not first past the post. I reckon the Map wins first past the post, but more people would prefer something different, that it would lose on count back.

I’m guessing the t map might be on the back below the collar, like the ff bbc on the back of lions jumper.

Maybe three jumpers, mostly pink green or gold but in the wild theme? A very solid jumper would be unique too

I thought pink and gold trim, but that jumper looks great with no trim. Gold numerals?

Back