Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Since we're having fun...top saddest songs?
  1. Ronan
  2. All Too Well
  3. Last Kiss
  4. champagne problems
  5. Dear John
  6. White Horse
  7. illicit affairs
  8. Bigger Than the Whole Sky
  9. Soon You'll Get Better
  10. tolerate it
I know I'm missing some so fight me. But imo number 1 is by far the saddest.

Songs that make you feel uplifted:

Fearless
You Belong With Me
Mine
Sparks Fly
Long Live
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Ready For It?
The Man
You Need to Calm Down
Me!
Daylight
Shake It Off
New Romantics

Long Live (especially the line "long long live")
Red
Welcome to New York
Mine
The Story of Us
Sparks Fly
Shake it off
Our song
Forever and always

You want a piece of me? Oh yeah come here a minute
I knew you were trouble
Are you ready for it?
Look what you made me do
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Bad blood
Mad woman
Dear John
Mean
All too well (10 minute version)
Shouldve said no
Picture to burn
Better than revenge

Does anyone feel like a laugh? Remember that Irish 'boy band' Boyzone? Ex-member turned fundamentalist Christian Shane Lynch has some... interesting opinions about Taylor Swift;

Former Boyzone star Shane Lynch claims Taylor Swift is performing Satanic rituals in front of millions of fans.

The committed Christian says some music is a danger to society because artists are channelling the Devil in plain sight.

Entrepreneur Shane aired his controversial views as he and wife Sheena — the Real Housewives of Cheshire star — launched their latest business venture under their Amen label.

Shane first shared his views on Satanism in the music industry last year on a Premier Christian Radio podcast.

He claimed Sam Smith and Beyonce are “so demonic it’s unbelievable”.

He added that during his time in the industry, he’d witnessed Satanic rituals where albums were prayed over to ensure success.

He told our reporter this week he believes Taylor Swift is also an advocate of Satanism.

“I think when you’re looking at a lot of the artists out there, a lot of their stage shows are Satanic rituals live in front of 20,000 people without them realising and recognising,” said Shane...

Ahem.

So my bestie went to N1 in Melb and N3 in Sydney. She said that the crowd in Melbourne was way more dancey and singaglongy - almost everyone around her remained seated in Syd. But that the Syd crowd was louder!

No doubt Taylor swift is probably the second biggest pop star today behind Adele.

But let's revisit the forum in 2035 and see where Taylor is at in her career??

Imo a true music legend comes from how many years you are still a force in the music industry weather that be with album sales and/or single sales or touring sales.

Taylor still has some way to go to get the status of;

Rolling stones
ACDC
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
and Madonna.

In saying that Taylor is very talented but imo she ain't got nothing on Madonna, Tina Turner and Beyoncé for live performances. But Taylor is also a lot younger too.

Not 2035, but here we are. If she can maintain the trajectory she's on for another 11 years we can truly say we experienced it all!

Agree there
She's very business savy, and is milking the fan base for all its worth, knowing they'll find the next bandwagon to jump on

She'll always be there abouts though
You don't get 50k to a nuclear concert without doing something right

Spot on.

Or 96k :oops:

Where do people sit on the short story video that is All too well (10 min)
As far as short films go I think it’s pretty good. Sadie Sink and Dylan O’Brien are good and it’s pretty clear what she’s going for.

As far as a film clip I’ve never been a huge fan of big speaking breaks in a music clip just because I think it ruins the flow of the song.

I bet you think about me is sort of a short film as well, I actually think it’s better conceptually and in execution as a film clip/short film.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as short films go I think it’s pretty good. Sadie Sink and Dylan O’Brien are good and it’s pretty clear what she’s going for.

As far as a film clip I’ve never been a huge fan of big speaking breaks in a music clip just because I think it ruins the flow of the song.

I bet you think about me is sort of a short film as well, I actually think it’s better conceptually and in execution as a film clip/short film.

I totally get what youre saying. What i witnessed on 10play mtv channel thing last night was that it cut a lot of the speaking parts. It was noticable as they also cut some musical parts too. I think without the speaking parts the video is great, say 10/10. With speaking, as a short 10min film its 10/10

Album #5 review/thoughts up!!

1989 (2014)

Arriving now at what I believe is Taylor Swifts biggest album, 1989. Released in October 2014 is serves as the singers fifth studio album and marks her full transition from country star to all out pop star. It was at this stage I personally started to go off Taylor a little (more on that later) but I can remember this album having some absolutely cracking songs (more on that later as well). I’ve been eagerly anticipating listening to see this one as I get the impression many people see it as one of the best albums of the 2010’s. What will I think, well I guess we’ll find out soon.

Kicking off things off is the lead track Welcome To New York and whilst I’m not sure if I’ve heard this original version in full I certainly do know it as it was the soundtrack to all of my friends who were posting about their holidays in New York over the past 8-10 years. On the song itself though it is very strong, almost the perfect introduction to not just the album but to pop star Taylor Swift and whilst I’m not convinced it would’ve worked as a single it certainly is a great song. Second single Blank Space is an absolute cracker of a song and at this stage of the listen through it’d be close to my favourite Taylor Swift song, it’s pop perfection in the mid 2010’s. From the song itself, to the chorus, to the music video everything about this song is fantastic. Third single Style on the other hand was one I was a bit indifferent to back in 2015, I didn’t like or love it, but I didn’t hate it either, it was always just ‘there’. Now though? I quite like it, like it’s predecessors on this album it’s very easy and enjoyable to sing along to. If the rest of the album is like this I’m going to be very happy.

I enjoyed Out Of The Woods, and the run of great sing-a-long songs continues I want to love this rather than like as I think it’s very damn good but there’s just something slight off that prevents it from me elevating it. I do love the repetition of the chorus though! Now we’re on to something I’m not actually familiar with at all, I don’t think I’ve heard All You Had To Do Was Stay and whilst it’s not quite of the high calibre of the songs before it on 1989 that’s nothing bad as the opening four songs set a very high bar for 1989. Ah Shake It Off, a song I remember despising in 2014 and honestly until quite recently as well. In the latter half of 2014 I remember this being everywhere and being quoted by almost all my friends or colleagues. I couldn’t get away from it and I think that’s why I despised it. I have done a 180 now and I quite enjoy this now and whilst it’s not in my top 10 Taylor Swift songs I do have to admit it’s another perfectly crafted pop song.

I Wish You Would is another of the album tracks I hadn’t heard before and like All You Had To Do Was Stay this is one I quite like. Yes it’s not as big as those huge platinum selling singles from this album but it’s still a great song, I think it’s my favourite of the non single so far. Well alongside Welcome To New York. I’m not familiar with this version of Bad Blood and whilst I knew it was different to the remix that was released as a single (which I loved by the way) I was thrown when the verses seemed completely different. I like it but it’s not as good as the single remix for me. I’ve always loved Wildest Dreams from the moment I first heard it. It’s not as in your face as the singles before it but it’s still just as catchy. I’m loving it now as much as I was in 2015. How You Get The Girl wasn’t as strong as the other songs for me but is no means a weak song, in fact I don’t think I’ve come across one on 1989 yet. This Love was ok for me but is my least favourite so far and I Know Places though was quite different and at this point I know I’m getting repetitive but its another great album track. With the closing track on the standard edition Clean I’d probably place it alongside This Love as my two weakest songs so far, saying that though both are still enjoyable.

On to the deluxe edition now and Wonderland is a very solid addition to 1989 though I don’t know if I’d substitute anything out of the standard list for it. You Are In Love is the one I’d probably rank as my least favourite from 1989 and closing track New Romantics is an incredible way to close off 1989. Five albums in and 1989 would have to be my favourite of the bunch so far it’s just jam pack with pop mega hits. It’s fair to say if she wasn’t before the release 1989 then by the time this albums run drew to a close Taylor Swift had announced herself as one of the biggest pop stars in the world. For me 1989 is up there with Adele’s 21 as one of the best albums of the last decade.

Singles I liked: Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Out Of The Woods
Album Tracks I liked: All You Had To Do Was Stay, I Wish You Would, Welcome To New York

Also now that I'm halfway through I feel like I should rank the 5 albums I've heard in full.

1. 1989
2. Speak Now
3. Fearless
4. Red
5. Taylor Swift

(I really can't separate 3 & 4)

Reputation (2017)

Reputation was another one that I was quite excited to check out as I only ever really liked Getaway Car from the songs that I’d heard. At the time they were released the first three singles did nothing for me at all. I’m wondering if that’ll change as I dive into Reputation.

First single …Ready For It was one that I found quite jarring and noisy at the time and I wasn’t keen on it at all. Playing it back now for the first time in years though? Well I think it’s great the absolute perfect opener for an album. On the other hand I dislike End Game now as much as I did in 2017, it’s just a song that does absolutely zero for. It’s probably not helped in the slightest that I’m not overly keen on Ed Sheeran either. Whilst at first I found I Did Something Bad quite loud it quickly grew on me and I ended up really enjoying it, and I’m now starting to get the impression that the majority of Reputation will follow this sound. Don’t Blame Me doesn’t quite reach the highs of some of the album tracks on Taylor’s previous albums but I still found myself enjoying quite a bit too. One of the biggest surprises for me is how much I enjoyed Delicate, I remember hating it at the time. In hindsight it must’ve been because it got given the single treatment over another song from Reputation, said song will feature later.

Lead single Look What You Made Me Do is one that I’m guessing is quite polarising amongst the general fanbase. For me I can appreciate and whilst I found it quite insufferable in 2017 it has grown on me, not my favourite but I don’t have the levels of dislike I once had for it. So It Goes… wasn’t to bad, but would probably be the weakest link amongst the first seven tracks and Gorgeous joins Delicate and …Ready For It as singles that really grew on my years down the track. Also I quite liked the lyrics “Guess I’ll just stumble on home to my cats”. Ah Getaway Car, I absolutely love this song, to the point it’s probably my most played Taylor Swift song, well maybe until Cruel Summer came along. I’ll forever be disappointed this wasn’t the worldwide smash I wanted it to be, I also think the music video would’ve been absolutely amazing. Love, love, love Getaway Car.

King Of My Heart was another of the ok songs for me, however Dancing With Our Hands Tied was the first song I found myself not really enjoying much. Dress was another one I unfortunately am not to keen on. Sadly I haven’t been keen on too much after Getaway Car. This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things and sounds like it goes right alongside I Did Something Bad and Don’t Blame Me. Call It What You Want was a nice step up, not as great as the highs of Reputation but better than some of the previous songs for me. Finally New Years Day is a pleasant but slightly forgettable end to the album for me.

Overall Reputation has some great highs, mainly Getaway Car and …Ready For It but it does have that feeling for me that a fair portion of it sounds the same. I will say though that it better than I anticipated. Would definitely give this another chance to grow on me.

Singles I liked: Getaway Car, …Ready For It, Delicate, Gorgeous
Album Tracks I liked: I Did Something Bad, Don’t Blame Me, This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

Reputation (2017)

Reputation was another one that I was quite excited to check out as I only ever really liked Getaway Car from the songs that I’d heard. At the time they were released the first three singles did nothing for me at all. I’m wondering if that’ll change as I dive into Reputation.

First single …Ready For It was one that I found quite jarring and noisy at the time and I wasn’t keen on it at all. Playing it back now for the first time in years though? Well I think it’s great the absolute perfect opener for an album. On the other hand I dislike End Game now as much as I did in 2017, it’s just a song that does absolutely zero for. It’s probably not helped in the slightest that I’m not overly keen on Ed Sheeran either. Whilst at first I found I Did Something Bad quite loud it quickly grew on me and I ended up really enjoying it, and I’m now starting to get the impression that the majority of Reputation will follow this sound. Don’t Blame Me doesn’t quite reach the highs of some of the album tracks on Taylor’s previous albums but I still found myself enjoying quite a bit too. One of the biggest surprises for me is how much I enjoyed Delicate, I remember hating it at the time. In hindsight it must’ve been because it got given the single treatment over another song from Reputation, said song will feature later.

Lead single Look What You Made Me Do is one that I’m guessing is quite polarising amongst the general fanbase. For me I can appreciate and whilst I found it quite insufferable in 2017 it has grown on me, not my favourite but I don’t have the levels of dislike I once had for it. So It Goes… wasn’t to bad, but would probably be the weakest link amongst the first seven tracks and Gorgeous joins Delicate and …Ready For It as singles that really grew on my years down the track. Also I quite liked the lyrics “Guess I’ll just stumble on home to my cats”. Ah Getaway Car, I absolutely love this song, to the point it’s probably my most played Taylor Swift song, well maybe until Cruel Summer came along. I’ll forever be disappointed this wasn’t the worldwide smash I wanted it to be, I also think the music video would’ve been absolutely amazing. Love, love, love Getaway Car.

King Of My Heart was another of the ok songs for me, however Dancing With Our Hands Tied was the first song I found myself not really enjoying much. Dress was another one I unfortunately am not to keen on. Sadly I haven’t been keen on too much after Getaway Car. This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things and sounds like it goes right alongside I Did Something Bad and Don’t Blame Me. Call It What You Want was a nice step up, not as great as the highs of Reputation but better than some of the previous songs for me. Finally New Years Day is a pleasant but slightly forgettable end to the album for me.

Overall Reputation has some great highs, mainly Getaway Car and …Ready For It but it does have that feeling for me that a fair portion of it sounds the same. I will say though that it better than I anticipated. Would definitely give this another chance to grow on me.

Singles I liked: Getaway Car, …Ready For It, Delicate, Gorgeous
Album Tracks I liked: I Did Something Bad, Don’t Blame Me, This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
I LOVE Delicate, I listen to it everyday.
Ready For It is the perfect song to listen to when getting ready for a night out, it's fun and sexy.

Great review, I'm still hanging for you to get to folklore.

I LOVE Delicate, I listen to it everyday.
Ready For It is the perfect song to listen to when getting ready for a night out, it's fun and sexy.

Great review, I'm still hanging for you to get to folklore.
Thanks MrsEddieBetts! I’m hanging out for folklore too. I, really not sure what to expect in a way.

Album #5 review/thoughts up!!

1989 (2014)

Arriving now at what I believe is Taylor Swifts biggest album, 1989. Released in October 2014 is serves as the singers fifth studio album and marks her full transition from country star to all out pop star. It was at this stage I personally started to go off Taylor a little (more on that later) but I can remember this album having some absolutely cracking songs (more on that later as well). I’ve been eagerly anticipating listening to see this one as I get the impression many people see it as one of the best albums of the 2010’s. What will I think, well I guess we’ll find out soon.

Kicking off things off is the lead track Welcome To New York and whilst I’m not sure if I’ve heard this original version in full I certainly do know it as it was the soundtrack to all of my friends who were posting about their holidays in New York over the past 8-10 years. On the song itself though it is very strong, almost the perfect introduction to not just the album but to pop star Taylor Swift and whilst I’m not convinced it would’ve worked as a single it certainly is a great song. Second single Blank Space is an absolute cracker of a song and at this stage of the listen through it’d be close to my favourite Taylor Swift song, it’s pop perfection in the mid 2010’s. From the song itself, to the chorus, to the music video everything about this song is fantastic. Third single Style on the other hand was one I was a bit indifferent to back in 2015, I didn’t like or love it, but I didn’t hate it either, it was always just ‘there’. Now though? I quite like it, like it’s predecessors on this album it’s very easy and enjoyable to sing along to. If the rest of the album is like this I’m going to be very happy.

I enjoyed Out Of The Woods, and the run of great sing-a-long songs continues I want to love this rather than like as I think it’s very damn good but there’s just something slight off that prevents it from me elevating it. I do love the repetition of the chorus though! Now we’re on to something I’m not actually familiar with at all, I don’t think I’ve heard All You Had To Do Was Stay and whilst it’s not quite of the high calibre of the songs before it on 1989 that’s nothing bad as the opening four songs set a very high bar for 1989. Ah Shake It Off, a song I remember despising in 2014 and honestly until quite recently as well. In the latter half of 2014 I remember this being everywhere and being quoted by almost all my friends or colleagues. I couldn’t get away from it and I think that’s why I despised it. I have done a 180 now and I quite enjoy this now and whilst it’s not in my top 10 Taylor Swift songs I do have to admit it’s another perfectly crafted pop song.

I Wish You Would is another of the album tracks I hadn’t heard before and like All You Had To Do Was Stay this is one I quite like. Yes it’s not as big as those huge platinum selling singles from this album but it’s still a great song, I think it’s my favourite of the non single so far. Well alongside Welcome To New York. I’m not familiar with this version of Bad Blood and whilst I knew it was different to the remix that was released as a single (which I loved by the way) I was thrown when the verses seemed completely different. I like it but it’s not as good as the single remix for me. I’ve always loved Wildest Dreams from the moment I first heard it. It’s not as in your face as the singles before it but it’s still just as catchy. I’m loving it now as much as I was in 2015. How You Get The Girl wasn’t as strong as the other songs for me but is no means a weak song, in fact I don’t think I’ve come across one on 1989 yet. This Love was ok for me but is my least favourite so far and I Know Places though was quite different and at this point I know I’m getting repetitive but its another great album track. With the closing track on the standard edition Clean I’d probably place it alongside This Love as my two weakest songs so far, saying that though both are still enjoyable.

On to the deluxe edition now and Wonderland is a very solid addition to 1989 though I don’t know if I’d substitute anything out of the standard list for it. You Are In Love is the one I’d probably rank as my least favourite from 1989 and closing track New Romantics is an incredible way to close off 1989. Five albums in and 1989 would have to be my favourite of the bunch so far it’s just jam pack with pop mega hits. It’s fair to say if she wasn’t before the release 1989 then by the time this albums run drew to a close Taylor Swift had announced herself as one of the biggest pop stars in the world. For me 1989 is up there with Adele’s 21 as one of the best albums of the last decade.

Singles I liked: Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Out Of The Woods
Album Tracks I liked: All You Had To Do Was Stay, I Wish You Would, Welcome To New York
WTNY is my number 1. Bloody love it. A song that is great to turn up loud on a beautiful day.

Style is an absolute cracker too. ******* great track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back