Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

A special mention to the absolute head banging banga Story of Us.

“Next chapter”

The video clip awoke something in me.

FAdD489UcAIit--

I wanna know what everyone’s favourite lyrics are please
You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me. You have knocked me off my feet again, got me feeling like a nothing.
You, with your switching sides and your wildfire lies and your humiliation, you have pointed out my flaws again, as if I don't already see them. I walk with my head down tryna block you out 'cause I'll never impress you, I just wanna feel okay again.
And I can see you years from now in a bar talkin' over a football game, with that same big loud opinion but nobody's listening, washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things, drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing!
Mean Taylor Swift GIF

How are people finding my style of writing/reviewing so far. I know it's not perfect but I hope you're all enjoying them. :)
Pretty good MooreTreloar, its always hard when you do something like this as lots of people have different opinions on all of her songs, but your effort is top notch and I can pretty much say mostly everyone is enjoying your reviewing of her albums, keep up the good work!
Taylor Swift GIF by The Voice

Starlight is just a great vibe and production and writing all around and a nice tribute to Ethel Kennedy. I often use it, The Lucky One and most of folkore and evermore as a counter example of 'she only sings about men hurr durr'

I am sure there are some songs from the Boss you'd be fine not hearing again :cool:
Of course, but I will quote it again to see if you realise why I said what I said ;)

Love it. Think most (if not all) the regular contributors in this thread enjoy discussing various favourites especially someone encountering them for the first time in depth.

With regards to Red, I often skip Bad Blood now. It's just so puerile and unnecessarily spiteful to me now.

The best lines from Taylor for me are

“You kept me like a secret while I kept you like an oath”

All too well

“I can see you staring honey, like he’s just your understudy, like you’d get your knuckles bloody for me”

Exile

But honestly you could throw a blanket over about 400 lines, her and Jack must just crush it in the studio. She’s brilliant (in spite of some flogs claiming she’s not a great writer).

Someone mentioned last great American dynasty, that song is just incredible song writing, to take that concept, develop the story and weave in the real story is just truly remarkable. To me that song is one of the true great achievements in writing.

All too well

“I can see you staring honey, like he’s just your understudy, like you’d get your knuckles bloody for me”

Exile

But honestly you could throw a blanket over about 400 lines, her and Jack must just crush it in the studio. She’s brilliant (in spite of some flogs claiming she’s not a great writer).

Someone mentioned last great American dynasty, that song is just incredible song writing, to take that concept, develop the story and weave in the real story is just truly remarkable. To me that song is one of the true great achievements in writing.

You can not like folklore for the style (pun intended) of music or production. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

But her writing is absolute top notch for most of that album and that cannot be disputed imo. The cardigan/august/betty trio is chef's kiss

my tears ricochet is another example of remarkable writing.

You can not like folklore for the style (pun intended) of music or production. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

But her writing is absolute top notch for most of that album and that cannot be disputed imo. The cardigan/august/betty trio is chef's kiss

my tears ricochet is another example of remarkable writing.
That whole album just breaks my heart

All too well

Danced around the kitchen in the refrigerator light.
i do not know without googling another song with the word refrigerator in it

Just every line in ATW hits it out of the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danced around the kitchen in the refrigerator light.
i do not know without googling another song with the word refrigerator in it

Just every line in ATW hits it out of the park.

So many iconic lines from the short version by itself:

"I left my scarf there at your sister's house
And you've still got it, in your drawer, even now"

"And I forget about you long enough
To forget why I needed to..."

"After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone"

So many iconic lines

"I left my scarf there at your sister's house
And you've still got it, in your drawer, even now"

"And I forget about you long enough
To forget why I needed to..."

"After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone"
The sipping coffee like you’re on a late night show bit is chef’s kiss

On this note of course the Jack Antonoff pairing has paid off big time, but credit also to Max Martin and Shellback for making her first true pop album a banger (1989) and Aaron Dessner allowed her to delve into more indie/alternative sounds. If you wanted to expand out from country you probably could not pick better producers and co-writers.

Pls stop me from listening to Taylor on my way to work because I always arrive in tears 😅

Songs that make you feel uplifted:

Fearless
You Belong With Me
Mine
Sparks Fly
Long Live
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Ready For It?
The Man
You Need to Calm Down
Me!
Daylight
Shake It Off
New Romantics

Fearless
You Belong With Me
Mine
Sparks Fly
Long Live
Ready For It?
The Man
You Need to Calm Down
Me!
Daylight
Shake It Off
New Romantics
From that list, Ready For It? The Man and New Romantics are the only ones in my regular rotation. I’m more of a sad song girlie.

Fearless
You Belong With Me
Mine
Sparks Fly
Long Live
Ready For It?
The Man
You Need to Calm Down
Me!
Daylight
Shake It Off
New Romantics
Paper Rings
I Forgot That You Existed
Cruel Summer
Love Story
Welcome To New York
I Think He Knows

are all in my 'happy' playlist on Spotify. Plus a few you mentioned in that bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back