Roys FC (sweet FA) Sweet FA Season 15 - Roys FFC Broken Medal & Other Awards Count - Thursday, Oct 25, 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

If you wanted something criminal done, a hit or something, which Roys player would you approach?
Maroon Goon (2), Broken, Mobbenfuhrer, kooka, Ed_Gein, Freakie, Fat Pizza, killer
Other replies :
"Broken strikes me as the type to smile while he shoots you."
"I'd do it myself to be sure it was done right."

Which Roys player would you never leave alone in your house while you were away?
Mobbenfuhrer, Broken, icefreak, pantskyle (2), Bender_, Dicky Fitzwell
Other replies :
"Broken breaks everythinkkkk"
"pantskyle would try all my pants on"
"Whichever one decides to touch the lampshade made of human skin."
"They wouldn't get much anyway."

Thanks for the speeches gentlemen. After that I can honestly say that I don't know how to react, largely because I'm the reanimated corpse of Robert Stack and my emotions weren't properly animated, but I can say that myself and all the Roys are thinking of you Mobbenfuhrer.

With the speeches out of the way we now start the second part of the evening - the Broken medal count (plus other awards)

ROUND 1 Vs Bombers
We were under the pump early as the Bombers pressure saw them jump out to a 2.3 lead before we even scored. Roylion, Freakie, 3KZ is Football and Made4September started to wrest control as we got two goals back. Freakie and 3KZ combined for another goal, following one for the Bombers and we trailed by 3. The Bombers roughed up pantskyle and Reardo and then took a 10 point lead in to the first change. The Roys could not get it past midfield as the Bombers put 3 more goals on the board before Freakie boomed a goal from the centre for the Roys 4th. A run of 4 behinds to the Bombers prevented it from looking worse for the Roys as we trailed by 26 at the half. A quick goal to 3KZ had Roys hopes rising, however the Bombers quickly responded with 2 goals while we could only follow up with Dicky Fitzwells 2. Broken, 3KZ and Roylion were working hard in the middle but could not penetrate. Reardo and Fat Pizza were stemming the tide in the backline, but at the end of three we had only lessened the gap to 24 points. Cheetah and Made4September got the Roys off to a good start to combine for a quick goal and a Freakie goal not long after had the margin down to 18. Poor work from a kick in saw the Bombers get one up but then a ripper tap from Cheetah to Mobbenfuhrer saw the latter bomb a goal to make it 19 points the difference. That was as close as it got as the Bombers tightened up and scored a goal in junk time to win 13.13.91 to 10.5.65

Votes :
5 Freakie
4 3KZ is Football
3 Broken
2 Mobbenfuhrer
1 Made4September

Match stats

ROUND 2 Vs Hawks
We got off to a better start this week as some quick midfield work and forward pressure saw us score the first 7 points. Following that we struggled to get the ball past half back as the Hawks rattled off three points in a row before scoring their first goal. Some nice work from Freakie and Mobbenfuhrer saw the Roys get another one before our backline problems allowed the Hawks get two in a row. Both teams went goal for goal and we trailed by 8 at the first break. The start of the quarter saw the Roys reacting to the Hawks tap outs as Mobbenfuhrer and Ed_Gein combined for one goal and pantskyle linked with royboy2 for another. The Hawks scored a goal before 3KZ is Football and flea29 nailed goals for the Roys. The Hawks kept coming though and we led by a goal at the major break. Fred opened the 3rd quarter with a relayed free kick for a goal, the Hawks and Ed_Gein followed suit and a crazy run of 6 behinds ended with Fred closing the quarter as he started, kicking his 2nd, to give the Roys a 20 point lead after 3. The last term was a tense battle Freakie worked hard in the middle and Stocka and Maroon Goon kept rebounding from the backline. The Hawks kept the pressure on but couldn't convert as the first 18 minutes of the term saw the Hawks only score 5 behinds - while the Roys were scoreless - narrowing the lead to 15. Following the 5th point the Roys went coast to coast with the ball ending up with Fred coolly slotting his 3rd. The Roys won the next tap and got the ball down to Fred again for another goal as he ended with 4 and the Roys grabbed their first win of the season. Roys 13.8.86 Hawks 9.11.65.
Votes :
5 Freakie
4 Stocka
3 Fred
2 Reardo
1 pantskyle

LEADERBOARD
10 Freakie
4 3KZ is Football
4 Stocka
3 Broken
3 Fred
2 Mobbenfuhrer
2 Reardo
1 pantskyle
1 Made4September

Match stats

ROUND 3 Vs Wonders
The heavens opened for this road game. Mobbenfuhrer and pantskyle started the match industrially and the Reardo led backline was at it's repellent best as we were level with the Wonders for the first half of the first quarter before they put through three behinds. Then a mix-up in the backline led to another Wonders goal. A blown chance by the Roys saw the Wonders move the ball up the field for a goal before they slammed on another 3 goals in the last few minutes to lead by 33 after one. An early Wonders goal to start the 2nd was bad news, but royboy2 stormed through the centre to set up a Roys reply through Carn the Roys!. Who moments later responded again to another Wonders goal. Neither team could hit the scoreboard until late in the quarter where a 3KZ behind and a third goal to Carn the Roys! narrowed the lead to 26 at half time. The Roys book ended the major break with another goal, this time to Fred as pantskyle, Ed_Gein and 3KZ is Football started to get a lot of it leading to a run of 1 goal 3 - cutting the lead to 11. We were matching the Wonders score for score as Ed_Gein closed out the quarter with 2 behinds to make the margin 9 at the last break. Ed_Gein continued his hot run at the start of the fourth with his 4th behind and 3rd goal and we had a sniff of a classic victory. Freakie, pantskyle and 3KZ tried to muster us forward but we kept getting repelled as the Wonders extended their lead to 11 points. With time ticking down Made4Septembers quick snap at goal brushed the post, but we kept the ball in the forward line with Fred dodging through traffic to kick a goal and put us within 4 points. A bad centre bounced favoured the Wonders who headed goal wards, Maroon Goon stopped them in their tracks but we couldn't get the ball past the centre line as the siren blew for a 4 point loss. Roys 11.10.76 Wonders 12.8.80

Votes : 5 Ed_Gein
4 Carn the Roys!
3 pantskyle
2 3KZ is Football
1 royboy2

Match stats

LEADERBOARD
10 Freakie
6 3KZ is Football
5 Ed_Gein
4 Carn the Roys!
4 pantskyle
4 Stocka
3 Broken
3 Fred
2 Mobbenfuhrer
2 Reardo
1 Made4September
1 Royboy2

Oh. Hi it's Robert Stack, reanimated an all that, again. I've just been informed that the remaining rounds and awards will continue after 7pm tonight (AEDST). At this stage anyone is a chance to win it. I'm Robert Stack, reanimated, saying "See you after 7pm"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking foeard to 7pm .. love the high and dry element :D

More Questionnaire results :

Who do you think was the best ONFIELD player for the Roys this year? : Fred, Mobbenfuhrer, NFI, Freakie (4), Fred's goalkicking, pantskyle, Broken (2)
Who do you think was the best OFF-FIELD player for the Roys this year? : Broken (3), Reardo, Mobbenfuhrer (6), Pantskyle (3), Gary 29 Wilson,

Step up to the plate Ed_Gein !

Bigfooty user name : Ed_Gein
AFL Team : Sydney Swans
Old bastard like most Roys are made out to be? : Yes
Any good at footy in real life? : Nope
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? Allies

About You At The Roys :
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : 1 season
Had you played Fantasy Footy before, another Sweet FA club, another league? : Nope
How did you enjoy playing with the Roys FFC? : I don't contribute much, but it's a weird read. lol.
How do you rate our season? : So close, but so far.
How do you rate YOUR season? : Yeah ok i guess performance wise, i won a lot of my duel's against my opponent, i think they saw the name Ed_Gein and started shitting bricks.
How keen are you on returning to the fray for Season 16? : If the numbers are needed, for sure.

Does the thought of an expansion team grab your playing interest at all? :
No
- No
- No
- I like the idea but I won't be playing for them.
- Not in the slightest, Roy for life
- Does the thought of an expansion team grab your playing interest at all? : Not at all.
Yes
- Yes
Maybe
- Sort of, maybe, not particularly. I like being at the Roys but if one of the other clubs was desperate I might offer myself up in the interest of the league being even.
- I'd consider it only if it wasn't to the detriment of the Roys (and depending on the cattle at the expansion team)
Other replies :
- Yes Girth worthy.. I love expanding and expansion..give that I may grow!
- Hope the Swampies get in. Nice blokes in that mob.

Bigfooty user name : Freakie
AFL Team : Brisbane Lions
Old bastard like most Roys are made out to be? : did u want your actual age given? so older then 90% of the people on this sight
Any good at footy in real life? : Use to be, no very good at triathlon
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? Vic Metro

About You At The Roys :
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : 2 seasons
Had you played Fantasy Footy before, another Sweet FA club, another league? : Mt Buller Demons
How did you enjoy playing with the Roys FFC? : Its awesome
How do you rate our season? : 6/8
How do you rate YOUR season? : 9/10
How keen are you on returning to the fray for Season 16? : Yes

LIFE MEMBERSHIP INDUCTION

Just the good ol' Roys
Never meaning no spam
Beats all you never saw, availin' selves of boncer's law
Since the day they was ... come out of recess

Kickin' the points
Missin' the four
Someday the spoon might come to'em
But the flag never will

Making their way, the only way they know how
That's just a little bit more than OUR NEW LIFE MEMBER INDUCTEE BROKEN ... Broken please take a bow!

Broken was a gestative member of the Roys team prolly from Season 03. He peaked in Season 04 or 05 or something with a Mobbenfuhrer Medal win. Then he trickled off.

The heavens opened again when Broken returned to the fray in Season 14 and has been FWBP (Fantasy World's Best Practice) benchmark ever since, handling nearly everything I don't at the Roys, along with half of quality produced for the league as a whole.

All four existing Life members (@Fred , Fat Pizza , FattyLumpkin and myself) voted unanimously that Broken was the most worthy inductee of Life Membership for end Season 15.

Congratulations!

Congrats Broken, well deserved. Too be honest it took me awhile to get the gist of Mobbs post, it seemed to start out like a song or poem and I read the whole thing to a tune I made up in my head. Then I realized what the words actually said. Ha, "head" and "said" rhyme, that was purely accidental.

Anyway, charge your glasses and let's toast our newest Life Member - Broken!!

images

Hahaha, toast making a toast.

Bigfooty user name : Fred
AFL Team : Saints
Old bastard like most Roys are made out to be? : Absolutely and then some.
Any good at footy in real life? : At my age? You're joking. If both my feet are off the ground at the same time it means I've tripped over something.
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? Vic Country

About You At The Roys :
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : Since Season 6 with a break when the Roys were in recess for seasons 9 and 10. I plead guilty to being the one that brought about the recess.
Had you played Fantasy Footy before, another Sweet FA club, another league? : Yes. Season 1 with Team Timmy and seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 with The Razors. Every time I've left a team it was due to that team folding.
How did you enjoy playing with the Roys FFC? : Very much so.
How do you rate our season? : Full of ups and downs, highs and lows. Fairly standard Roy fare really.
How do you rate YOUR season? : Shithouse would sum it up in a word.If you want a slightly more expansive answer - bloody shithouse.
How keen are you on returning to the fray for Season 16? : Very! I'll be in full training over the break to enable a fast start for season 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back