Roys FC (sweet FA) Sweet FA Season 15 - Roys FFC Broken Medal & Other Awards Count - Thursday, Oct 25, 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

So nervous right now, I think I just wet myself

ROUND 17 Vs Wonders
The loss last week meant that we needed to rely on a couple of things going our way this week to make the finals. The first was that we needed to beat a Wonders team, playing for the double chance, by around 6 goals and hope the Furies lost by about 6 goals. A quick start is what we needed and Carn the Roys! and Royboy2 made that happen with two early behinds. The Wonders responded with a goal, but we were able to keep the Wonders from scoring for a large stretch after that as we bombarded the goals with 9 unanswered scores. Unfortunately that only wielded a return of 2 goals 7 and a 15 point lead. The Wonders couldn't make us pay for our inaccuracy as they had 4 shots on goal all score behinds as we led at 11 at the first break. A quick glance at the scoreboard showed the Furies were leading, but we needed to motor on. The Wonders had that same thought in mind as they scored a goal within a minute and scored another one 6 minutes later to take the lead. 3KZ is Football wasn't having any of that and kicked a goal to snatch the lead back. The Wonders goaled soon after, but from the tap Royboy2 passed to Freakie who passed to Carn the Roys! who unloaded from Half Forward to take back the lead. We needed that lead to be bigger and the Wonders made it hard for us as they had 6 straight scores to get a 17 point lead. We closed out the half with a huge goal to royboy 29 and an assured goal to Mobbenfuhrer but still trailed by 3. Making it worse was the Furies leading by 28 at the half. With an increasing sense of urgency coming out of the rooms the Wonders turned up the pressure with two early goals. We weren't giving up and got the deficit back to 3 points with goals to Fat Pizza and PTizzle. The Wonders goaled and then royboy29 added another before Fat Pizza scored another goal to give the Roys the lead again. A late Wonders goal and a couple of behinds meant we were coming in to the final change 5 points down. The Furies were leading by 22 at this point but we needed to focus on getting the lead and then running away with the game. The Wonders had the same idea as they scored the first two goals of the last term, we followed with 3 behinds before the Wonders scored 2 more goals to take the biggest lead of the game - 26 points. With 15 minutes left a big win was looking to be no chance, but goals to Mobbenfuhrer and pantskyle within 5 minutes cut the Wonders lead to 14. Time kept ticking away and our season was following suit as the Wonders added 1 goal and a behind until a late Dicky Fitzwell behind before the final bell ended up being our last scoring shot for the season. ROYS 12.17.89 Wonders 16.13.109

VOTES
1 pantskyle

Yes it is heating up.

The last award of the night is the ItsMyShow award for the seasons biggest spammer named after that old Roys spamming bohemiath Itsmyshow . In a season full of top quality (and quantity) spam it was hard to go past the man who had two match threads with 95+ posts along with his massive input across the SFA this season. Congratulations pantskyle

Ha! Rolled!

BrokenMedal.png
SEASON 15 WINNER : FREAKIE
Final standings​
BrokenMedalVotes.png

What a tense and long count. I'm Robert Stack reanimated and thank you for allowing me to host such a brilliant event. Broken will say a few words and we should hear from the new Broken medallist Freakie soon. Until then goodnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh my lord!

Congratulations Freakie ! Great season and bore out our decision to trade for you (I hope @*all is just as happy at his new home at the Demons).

Well done also to 3KZ is Football pantskyle royboy2 and Broken for rounding out the five

Can't believe Reardo only got votes on one occasion ... but it's also hilarious :D

STAY TUNED AFTER THE UPCOMING BORING SPEECHES, FOLKS, COUPLE MORE THINGS TO COME

Congrats to the winners and a great job by those involved in the show.

As suspected, my season was lousy.

Congratulations Freakie for taking out the Broken medal and let's hope you back it up with the Mobbs medal. I think the results were very similar to what MD predicted. Hopefully it didn't run too long and it was an enjoyable end to the season all things considered.

That was great, very exciting ,congrats all the winners, cheers all!!!!
Well done to you to royboy 29 on finishing 6th after playing just half a season.
I have a feeling you might do a Mark Dwyer to Freakies Paul Roos in the Mobbs medal count and pinch votes off him. :p

Disgusting that I failed to poll votes in Rd 9!!!

Congrats to all the winners so far and especially to Broken on his life membership, wonderful.

It's a honour to win the award named after you.

Fantastic Freakie, Great work and well done..As Dicky would say i think Pants was a little stiff;) but down to the wire..Glad to see Broken get life. Has been great taking all theses votes in and all the work it takes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back