Autopsy Swans v Blues - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Friday May 17th 7:40pm - (S.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Dunno about that yet.

Apart from beating Collingwood when they were going s**t, they havent beaten anyone noteworthy away from the SCG in the first 10 rounds.

you can only win the games you play but Sydney's issue has always been getting it done against good teams away from home, namely in Melbourne.

Meanwhile Essendons beaten Hawthorn (15th), Saints (14th), Bulldogs (11th), Crows (12th) and Eagles (16th)
Talk about beating anyone noteworthy.

1 win against GWS (5th) as the only top-8 side beaten.

7,195*

Nothing i said was factually wrong to be fair.

As of round 10 you have beaten no current top 8 team away from the SCG, only good win was against Collingwood when they were going badly.

Swans get Shakey legs in Melbourne when it matters, so time will tell.
Shakey legs in GF’s probably but we have won finals here. Beat Melbourne in qualifying final on their homes ground as recent as 2022. What big games in Melbourne are you referring to where we have shit the bed? I’ve already granted you 2014 and 22 GF’s but you are clutching at straws. We may well lose tonight at home against a good team but you don’t think after rd 9 or 10 where a side is going well they have not had the same anomalies take place with fixturing and the like ?

Meanwhile Essendons beaten Hawthorn (15th), Saints (14th), Bulldogs (11th), Crows (12th) and Eagles (16th)
Talk about beating anyone noteworthy.

1 win against GWS (5th) as the only top-8 side beaten.

7,195*

Essendon has nothing to do with this thread lol. Nor am i big noting them.

But yep you are spot on, like i am also. facts are facts.

Last edited:
Nothing i said was factually wrong to be fair.

As of round 10 you have beaten no current top 8 team away from the SCG, only good win was against Collingwood when they were going badly.

Swans get Shakey legs in Melbourne when it matters, so time will tell.

The Swans forward line is very suspect. I asked a mate to name one player in their forward line and he couldn't name one. The only one that stands out is Papley. Amarti and Logan Macdonald have been doing well, but they don't have a superstar big forward that can reliably kick a bag. Things might get rough for them when they start playing some sides with solid defense.

The Swans forward line is very suspect. I asked a mate to name one player in their forward line and he couldn't name one. The only one that stands out is Papley. Amarti and Logan Macdonald have been doing well, but they don't have a superstar big forward that can reliably kick a bag. Things might get rough for them when they start playing some sides with solid defense.

i wouldn't say that

Swans have a % of 151. They are belting teams.

My query is more can that do it when it matters on the MCG. Time will tell.

i wouldn't say that

Swans have a % of 151. They are belting teams.

My query is more can that do it when it matters on the MCG. Time will tell.

The aardvark scg has only recently been friendly to us. Bigger grounds not drenched in rain or dew suit our game style better.

Our form is just ok.

Meanwhile the ladder attests to the accuracy of my pre season prediction the Blues are a mid table team. Despite the personal attacks on me for a reasonable, albeit state the obvious, prediction, I reckon I’m right and the Blues will not finish bottom third.

Funny season where if the 3rd favourite for the flag loses they could drop to 10th on the ladder

I'm surprised that a Pies fan would think this way about forward lines. Last year you guys showed that you don't need a superstar key forward to get the job done. I would argue that (similar to the Pies) their system is what allows them to score so well. The forward line gets plenty of high percentage opportunities due to their drive off turnover and elite kicking.

I also think you're underselling their talent in there a little. Will Hayward is the most in form small forward in the game for mine. Papley is a superstar. Heeney drifts forward and is the #1 player in the league so far this season. McLean is underrated as well. McDonald has massive upside.

Who's your mate?
Jeff Fatt?
What the hell would he know about footy?

How can a Pies fan still believe this after seeing what their own club did just last season?

Round 10 and a whole page dedicated to us winning the GF - talking about Jinxing the band.

I'll be happy just winning tonight as I'm going to the Pub with my 10 Carlton mates here in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we have a plethora of goal kicking mids and that's been the difference

The forward line was my biggest concern heading into this season too. But I think what we lack in A grade tall forwards we make up for with goal kicking mids (Heeney, Gulden & Warner kicking nearly 40 between them so far) and also the unpredictability that comes with having such an even spread of goalkickers. In recent years we've been a bit too one dimensional with our forward 50 entires. This year our mids are hitting up targets all over the place and we're often getting multiple cheap goals out the back each game due to our run.

Recent history also shows you don't necessarily need gun key forwards to win the premiership, just a couple of tall targets to create a contest and we have that. It's a no name forward line for sure, but it's effective.

The aardvark scg has only recently been friendly to us. Bigger grounds not drenched in rain or dew suit our game style better.

Our form is just ok.

Meanwhile the ladder attests to the accuracy of my pre season prediction the Blues are a mid table team. Despite the personal attacks on me for a reasonable, albeit state the obvious, prediction, I reckon I’m right and the Blues will not finish bottom third.
Just a bunch of battlers.

Our form is just ok.

Yeap good mid table side last year as well apparently

Yeap good mid table side last year as well apparently

Oh hi there. I think Vossy showed what a wonderful coach he was last year. Whether he can over achieve again, with an average list, is open to question.

Bit of a test tonight. If my mob jags a win by under 60pts it will only confirm the mediocrity of both teams.

Sorry if I dont sound like my usual neutral self.

Oh hi there. I think Vossy showed what a wonderful coach he was last year. Whether he can over achieve again, with an average list, is open to question.

Bit of a test tonight. If my mob jags a win by under 60pts it will only confirm the mediocrity of both teams.

Sorry if I dont sound like my usual neutral self.
Being that mid table side, the expectations are low, even with that fortunate EF last year

You really should be 100+ point favourites tonight

Don't ever change, the masses love it

So your maté’s favourite sport is bocce.
Okay got it.

Back