Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Hhhmmmm.

Amartey gets a contract.
McClean gets a contract.
McDonald gets an allegedly 'lowball' offer and is now "enjoying my footy here"!!!!!
I think we know McDonald is out the door. We just won't be able to get close as there are other clubs with millions left in their cap in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
I think we know diddly squat.....

Hhhmmmm.

Amartey gets a contract.
McClean gets a contract.
McDonald gets an allegedly 'lowball' offer and is now "enjoying my footy here"!!!!!
I think we know McDonald is out the door. We just won't be able to get close as there are other clubs with millions left in their cap in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Are YOU saying Logan is gone

Not usually one to read too much into players when they speak about their contract situation, but the vibe I'm getting is that Florent isn't a top priority signing. The club will always work on the deals they want to get done first, and we're seeing that with Gulden & Rowbottom.* Yet we've gotten the "We'll see" treatment from Florent (and Hayward, although that was in February.)

I could see one of them being the George Hewett to Gulden/Rowbottom/McDonald's Jordan Dawson, in the sense that their offers could be dependent on the others'.

*McDonald is a different situation as he's a top priority signing but not a proven entity yet.

31MAR24: Tigers vs Swans Match Reports New
A horrid long weekend for the Swans as they go down to the Tigers at the G.

AAA on AFL website this week basically just showed what we all thought post-game. Tigers' executed the turnover game better than we did yesterday.

Their mids ran past all our players to get in better positions. Things we did the 1st 3 weeks.

Just lazy and 'disrespectful' on our end.

But nah it was the umps. :rolleyesv1:

But nah it was the umps. :rolleyesv1:
They were abhorrent across the board. AFL Have a real problem with their talent pool in the umpiring ranks. The inability to stay in line with the way their peers are adjudicating the game in any given game across 4 qtrs is deplorable. We shot ourselves in the foot though yesterday not the umpires make no mistake about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I abhor post match umpire bashing. (I can live with it in real time.) But we still haven't won a free kick count this season, including against 'The Edge'.

Free kick counts aren't things to be 'won' though, and 'losing' or 'winning' the count is no great reflection on the quality or fairness of the umpiring.

Free kick counts aren't things to be 'won' though, and 'losing' or 'winning' the count is no great reflection on the quality or fairness of the umpiring.

Absolutely agree that free kick counts don't necessarily reflect quality or fairness in the umpiring.* Also I don't think there should be any assumption that free kick counts should finish about even.

My mistake to link to unrelated topics. I don't have much to say about the quality of umpiring. Basically I think it's a tough job, they're gonna make mistakes, I don't buy into the umpires being involved in any conspiracies, I don't think they're biased against certain teams (including us), I don't see the point in whingeing about umpiring. Contrary to what people say I suspect umpiring has improved but our expectations have increased (and our vision of the game has improved) too.

However, it is interesting that year on year the Swans come out at the bottom of the free kick tables and this year is looking like it will be no exception. I don't think we are an especially dirty or ill disciplined team, so I don't think that offers an explanation. I don't know the explanation but, if I'm speculating, I might say that perhaps we are coached to play right to the edge and we have decided that the benefits of doing that outweigh the free kick count going against us.

* There are circumstances where I think you might be tempted to infer a deficit in umpiring just from the free kick count e.g. not a single free kick called all game. Conversely 100 free kicks would also suggest something is going wrong with the adjudication. If it was 25-0 one way I'd also be pretty suss.

Richard Colless interview/SEN New
This was recorded a few days ago.. dont think its been posted?

Richard Colless interview - 40mins
An excellent listen and description of footy life behind the scenes.

ps, only a couple of mins on Buddy

02APR24: Swans Daily Media New
Now that I've finished sulking over our loss to the Tigers have some media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back