MemberSince02

Rookie
Mar 30, 2008
Esperance
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
The latest rumour in the local Perth media (Perth Now in particular) is that there could be a straight swap for Jonathon Griffin & Sharrod Wellingham.

If correct, then this obviously means that Zac Clarke is more highly thought of as the back up ruck.

You would want Zac to lengthen his contract before you did it. In case he walked next year.

Regardless of whether you could put up with his hairstyle, would still perfer a pick or a player we could pass on to GWS for a mini draft pick.

Griff is our second best ruckman. Wellingham isn't even in the same ballpark as Griffin.

There seems to be an expectation that all of our ruckman want to be #1, but Sandilands hasn't budged so they are all disgruntled and looking for options. Well, if they are good enough to be a #1 ruckman, the opposition teams can pay for them like they are.

In my opinion, obviously.

You would want Zac to lengthen his contract before you did it. In case he walked next year.

Regardless of whether you could put up with his hairstyle, would still perfer a pick or a player we could pass on to GWS for a mini draft pick.

Exactly.

I actually rate our midfield depth. If we get Pearce I fail to see how Wellingham really strengthens our side. Aside from a pacy mid, we really need a second KPF, be that Hogan, Gumbleton or a Shaw/Jaksch/Stringer through the draft (hopefully a combination if we play our cards right!). Moreover, we'd have to part with something to acquire his services.

Also, I love big Griffindor and you can see he loves playing in the purple. It's a no from me.

When will people get this in their head - Griffin got homesick and wanted to come home to be close to his ill father. He also grew up as a FREMANTLE SUPPORTER so he is now playing for the club he loves. He is currently contracted, and I would be prety confident in saying, wont be requesting a trade.

Surely the only reason he would leave is for more money and opportunity

1) More money is currently out of the question as he is under a contract (from memory, I think til end of next season)
2) More opportunity is a possibiliy but Sandi cant last that much longer and Griff is the 1st choice after Sandi - proof when Sandi was injured.

I am sick of hearing his name get brought up for every single trade possibility.

Hope not

Freo does have a ruck dilemma, from Griff's and Zac's point of view.

Sandi 99% probability will not play all season (he needs regular resting and has huge injury risk), currently only Griff is at required level (he had great 2012) and Griff is still improving and has the right attitude. Whereas Zac needs to play to gain experience and imo also get his attitude right, I think Zac is only viable as 2nd Ruck for at least another 2 years, hopefully also adding a lot more potency to his game in other areas.

I think Griff deserves to play every game but from Freo's point of view he is Sandi backup, and very much required and guaranteed to play quite often. If they play him alongside Sandi then it would be Zac's development that will suffer. Cannot play all 3 at same time.

I can't find any news of this. But would be unlikely seeing as Griffin only recently re-signed with us.

God i hope not.. but i have faith that the media are pulling it out of their arse

My gawd where do these crap rumours come from...

Griffin will be going no where.

Can all rumours please be posted in the trade talk thread. We don't need a new thread for someone unless the club officially announces something.

I'll need to start handing out infractions for starting stupid threads soon :(

Sounds like rubbish. Why would he move to be backup for Jolly. Collingwood have secured Quentin Lynch as the mobile ruck/forward. Can't see them chasing Griffin now unless Jolly retires before next season.

Sounds like rubbish. Why would he move to be backup for Jolly. Collingwood have secured Quentin Lynch as the mobile ruck/forward. Can't see them chasing Griffin now unless Jolly retires before next season.

Colonwood would definitely want him and would be stupid not to make enquiries, they need decent backup to Jolly - but that does not mean Freo would even consider it. Perhaps media heard something from colonwood side, if not completely made up BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFC Trading Rules

Rule #1 - If a rumour exists in the media, it is false.
Rule #2 - If a rumour exists in the media, expect something to happen out of left field completely unrelated.

Based on Rule #1 and #2 - I expect us to trade JA for Wellingham

Sounds a bit implausible to me. Collingwood are understood to have salary cap problems, probably can't afford to pay Wellingham what he's worth, even if he wasn't feeling homesick. If they were going to trade Wellingham for a player of similar or better standard presumably they wouldn't be able to pay them either. Surely Collingwood would be looking for draft picks in any trade so they can get some young kid on a minimal contract?

The latest rumour in the local Perth media (Perth Now in particular) is that there could be a straight swap for Jonathon Griffin & Sharrod Wellingham.

If correct, then this obviously means that Zac Clarke is more highly thought of as the back up ruck.

Can you please post sauce link?

My gawd where do these crap rumours come from...

Griffin will be going no where.

Can all rumours please be posted in the trade talk thread. We don't need a new thread for someone unless the club officially .

I'll need to start handing out infractions for starting stupid threads soon :(

I second that motion......motion carried !!

I honestly think the media just troll ...

'What do Freo have an excess of they can trade for?'
'Ruckmen!'
'Yeah Collingwood need ruckmen! Who could Freo trade that sounds plausible'
'Clarke?'
'No he's developing, they'd like to keep him'
'Griffin?'
'Yeah Griffin is plausible'
'Didnt he just sign a new contract and wasnt he a Freo supporter?'
'Yeah but the numpties who read our rag wont know that. Lets run with Griffin in a swap for Wellingham - similar trade value right? It's sounds plausible and that's all we need to run with a story'

Hope not

Freo does have a ruck dilemma, from Griff's and Zac's point of view.

Sandi 99% probability will not play all season (he needs regular resting and has huge injury risk), currently only Griff is at required level (he had great 2012) and Griff is still improving and has the right attitude. Whereas Zac needs to play to gain experience and imo also get his attitude right, I think Zac is only viable as 2nd Ruck for at least another 2 years, hopefully also adding a lot more potency to his game in other areas.

I think Griff deserves to play every game but from Freo's point of view he is Sandi backup, and very much required and guaranteed to play quite often. If they play him alongside Sandi then it would be Zac's development that will suffer. Cannot play all 3 at same time.

Clarke needs to do a "morton" and keep knocking on the door by absolutely dominating at Reserve level( WAFL) level which he is isn't. His development as a key ruck(and resting forward) will progress further being a #1 ruckmen at wafl level than getting 5-10mins a quarter being #2 to spider/griffin

I think freo needs to take a leaf out of sydney's recruiting book- trade for identified weaknesses not because expat wants to come home.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148917/default.aspx

Don't know if I like this one. It's a huge luxury having a guy like Griffin who can step in if Sandi goes down or needs a rest. I love Clarke's potential, but I don't trust him enough now to handle the same role. Not sure if Wellingham adds a lot if we get Pearce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back