Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

the weather brings in the unknown for both teams

I think resting Fyfe a bit was sensible
Fyfe having a rest and Darcy coming off to prepare were all positives. Switta back in the side should add some pressure in the forward half as well. I understand the hesitancy this week. But, it is a great opportunity to test ourselves.

Don't know how having an unfit Darcy will work in the rain.
Maybe sub him off early if he is getting toweled. Hate for an injury.

I think it allows him to grind down Grundy and for Jackson to wear him down further. We need him to continue to build fitness and he is influential enough to do that in the first team.

I suppose if the club thinks it is a concern other than building fitness he will be rested. I quite like playing him into form if possible.

Well, we have been saying this for years as Dockers supporters but this puzzle is almost complete and this team is so close to being good enough.

Missing at the start of the year:

Quality Winger - We now have Sharp.
Quality Centre Half Forward - We now have Treacy.
Game Plan - We are taking it on more than last year.
Mundy replacement: We now have Young.
Fyfe replacement: We now have Fyfe.
Depth - Still a question mark, but Voss, Sturt, Erasmus and Brodie not cracking the team regularly tells you we have improved. Likewise the fact we lost Macdonald and Cox in the first game and have still gone ok.

This is like an episode of Star Wars where the rebellion had to build up their stocks before an attack on the death star.
The defence is there. The rucks are there. The midfield is there. We are missing 1, maybe 2, quality goal kicking small forwards. Freddy is good enough, the others are either inconsistent or not goal kickers.

Get together a quality small/medium forward (Shai Bolten?) and we are contending for a premiership next year.

2025 will be our year. Book the bus.

I think it allows him to grind down Grundy and for Jackson to wear him down further. We need him to continue to build fitness and he is influential enough to do that in the first team.

I suppose if the club thinks it is a concern other than building fitness he will be rested. I quite like playing him into form if possible.
Check round 22, 2022.

In case anyone is wondering what he's like in the wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!!

Simpson has signed on and Treacy has come along.

To top that off Young is building into some serious form. If his last game becomes closer to his norm we have a ridiculous midfield on our hands!

LFG!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back