Roast Spud team of the century

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Too remember the whipping boys and one game superstars we've had since our last grand final

B. Weetra Lamb Warnock
HB. Bell Ferguson Johnson
C. Armstrong Morton Bate
HF. Hunter Cook Motlop
FF. Maric Newton Hughes
R. Meesen Read Bode

Int. P.Johnson Buckley Carroll Sub Pickett

NG69 - Love it, just love it.

Could one retort, however, that Bell was a much better player before he was felled by that Collingwood thug?

Nathan Carroll was briefly in the frame for an AA nomination; he ain't the worst guy on your list.

To this day, I am still disappointed that PJ never made it.

You also need a captain. That can only be the great Weetra - genuflect at the mere mention of his name.

NG69 - Love it, just love it.

Could one retort, however, that Bell was a much better player before he was felled by that Collingwood thug?

Nathan Carroll was briefly in the frame for an AA nomination; he ain't the worst guy on your list.

To this day, I am still disappointed that PJ never made it.

You also need a captain. That can only be the great Weetra - genuflect at the mere mention of his name.

PJ looked like he could be a gun player and I thought he was going to make it

I think the harshest nominations were Carroll and bell , both atleast gave it there all for the club , Carroll was decent he made it because I ran out of names

I'm happy for people to choose a captain the nominations being

Michael Newton - probably the biggest whipping boy of the century so far? He won mark of the year an played a Careyesque 5 mins against North Melbourne , other than that he was spud newton

Cale Morton - started like a house on fire and looked every bit a great choice at 4 , before becoming possibly the flakiest and softest player to ever represent the dees

Isaac Weetra - enough said

Molan was perpetually injured. To my mind, he does not come into frame. if you had put Sideshow Bob at FF, now that would have been very funny

Pretty harsh this. Some players like Bell and others tried there ass off and now feel the long term effects (or affects) of football. To be called spuds is bad taste. Other guys like Molan, Meeson and Hughes missed years of football due to injuries, which also people forget is years of there young life spent in hospitals and rehab. Also Armstrong is a premiership player. Calling someone a spud from your keyboard is very easy!

Pretty harsh this. Some players like Bell and others tried there arse off and now feel the long term effects (or affects) of football. To be called spuds is bad taste. Other guys like Molan, Meeson and Hughes missed years of football due to injuries, which also people forget is years of there young life spent in hospitals and rehab. Also Armstrong is a premiership player. Calling someone a spud from your keyboard is very easy!

The fun police will be at your door any minute now

Pretty harsh this. Some players like Bell and others tried there arse off and now feel the long term effects (or affects) of football. To be called spuds is bad taste. Other guys like Molan, Meeson and Hughes missed years of football due to injuries, which also people forget is years of there young life spent in hospitals and rehab. Also Armstrong is a premiership player. Calling someone a spud from your keyboard is very easy!

Agreed. I think in order to post in this thread you must have played at AFL level and played at a superior level to these players. Otherwise, how can you call these players spuds??

Agreed. I think in order to post in this thread you must have played at AFL level and played at a superior level to these players. Otherwise, how can you call these players spuds??

Come on mate then why do we even bother talking footy at all , none of us have played afl

B grgic - cockatoo Collins

Brent Grgic can take the place of daniel bell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on mate then why do we even bother talking footy at all , none of us have played afl

I know it's a bit of fun mate. Just a tad harsh I reckon. Promise I'll toughen up. ;)

Spuds via. performance or expectation?

Shane Valenti deserves a gig if its the latter. Tom Couch even.

A happy medium ?? Like Cale Morton played some good footy , but was nothing on the pick 4 we used
Matthew Warnock wasnt a high pick but he couldn't kick a parked car

I think valenti played ok and he was a rookie pick , couchy is the son of a brownlow medallist so he fails on expectation , would you have him in front of anyone there ?

Would have Bennell in instead of Buckley and A.Nicholson for Carroll. Assume we're going with non-current players? Jetta, Gillies, Sellar, Bail and McKenzie all in contention otherwise.

Other possibles:
Ross Funcke (great pickup from the Tiges)
Simon Godfrey
Chris Heffernan (not the worst, but 'Premiership player'... really?)

No room for sentiment in footy. Used to cringe whenever the ball went near Bell and close my eyes whenever he had it in his hands - he deserves his spot.

If not for Sylvia's recent spate of usefulness I'd be banging the doors for his inclusion as well.

Players who I'm waiting to be brought up but I wouldn't put in the team for one reason or another

Godfrey
Bartram
Miller
Simonds
Dunn
Bizzell

And other potential spuds
Gary moorcroft
Ben Holland
Cockatoo-Collins
Chris heffernan

Jeff farmer