Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think so many clubs, especially in the Northern suburbs are struggling so much. New Norfolk, Claremont, & also Glenorchy for that matter. Even add Hobart & North Hobart to that lot.
  • IPads, PS5s, phones
  • Drugs, Alcohol, Vapes.
  • High- multicultural community (Glenorchy).
  • Low-Socio economic areas that prevent starting the game (Parents can’t get you to games/afford boots, rego, travel and ultimately staying in the game (weekend work, shift work).
  • Connection to senior clubs being strained or even different identities ( I’d personally become the bulldogs if I was Claremont seniors to align with juniors)
  • Not many families can afford to live in North Hobart, Hobart, West Hobart hence the clubs have a diminishing community.

This is just me thinking.

• IPads, PS5s, phones
  • Drugs, Alcohol, Vapes.
  • High- multicultural community (Glenorchy).
  • Low-Socio economic areas that prevent starting the game (Parents can’t get you to games/afford boots, rego, travel and ultimately staying in the game (weekend work, shift work).
  • Connection to senior clubs being strained or even different identities ( I’d personally become the bulldogs if I was Claremont seniors to align with juniors)
  • Not many families can afford to live in North Hobart, Hobart, West Hobart hence the clubs have a diminishing community.

This is just me thinking.
Pretty well covers it I guess. I might add the Glenorchy knights soccer are awash with kids. So cost is perhaps a secondary issue. Maybe getting into schools is an issue too. Maybe a job for AFLTas, rather than just focusing on their elite streams & private schools. They might actually create some more elite kids for their export market. ;)

Pretty well covers it I guess. I might add the Glenorchy knights soccer are awash with kids. So cost is perhaps a secondary issue. Maybe getting into schools is an issue too. Maybe a job for AFLTas, rather than just focusing on their elite streams & private schools. They might actually create some more elite kids for their export market. ;)
Junior Clubs need way more help from AFLTAS that’s for sure.

Why do you think so many clubs, especially in the Northern suburbs are struggling so much. New Norfolk, Claremont, & also Glenorchy for that matter. Even add Hobart & North Hobart to that lot.
Staggering to think Claremont and New Norfolk won the SFL flag as recently as 2016 & 2017 and Glenorchy won the TSL in 2016 and now all three clubs are struggling.

Any word on when the roster will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I've not seen or heard anything, I'd assume in the next couple of weeks with the TSL, and other leagues coming out with their fixtures already.

Apparently the SFLW will be Two Divisions this year, not three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The results are a bit deceptive because they changed around the teams (Seniors, Reserves and Colts) a lot between games.

For example, Huonville at one stage played with a mixture of Seniors and Reserves. Then Colts got mixed in. Lauderdale was made up of dev league and u18s etc.

Brighton def Claremont

Nth Hobart def Brighton (SFLW)

Brighton def by Huonville

Didn't see the final score for Kingborough v Nth Hobart (SFLW)

Claremont def by Huonville

Brighton def by Kingborough (SFLW)

Clarence def Huonville

Brighton def Lauderdale

Huonville def by Lauderdale

Brighton def by Clarence

Left during Clarence v Lauderdale but Clarence had a commanding lead.

Claremont had around 20 players today. Apparently the most players they've had at training this year is 31.

The results are a bit deceptive because they changed around the teams (Seniors, Reserves and Colts) a lot between games.

For example, Huonville at one stage played with a mixture of Seniors and Reserves. Then Colts got mixed in. Lauderdale was made up of dev league and u18s etc.

Brighton def Claremont

Nth Hobart def Brighton (SFLW)

Brighton def by Huonville

Didn't see the final score for Kingborough v Nth Hobart (SFLW)

Claremont def by Huonville

Brighton def by Kingborough (SFLW)

Clarence def Huonville

Brighton def Lauderdale

Huonville def by Lauderdale

Brighton def by Clarence

Left during Clarence v Lauderdale but Clarence had a commanding lead.

Claremont had around 20 players today. Apparently the most players they've had at training this year is 31.
It looked like a lot of the Claremont side were their colts as well, with a few older players from the reserves.

I went and watched Hobart play DOSA at Pontville, a lot of very young players out there for Hobart and DOSA dominated the entire game. Hobart only scored two behinds, even though a scoreboard wasn't in operation nor did they have a goal umpire at one end. DOSA's goal umpire was overworked with what we counted 21 goals, 19 behinds.

Probably missed one or two, but from what we counted it was 145-2 the final score.

DOSA moved the ball a lot better throughout the game, Hobart have a lot to learn so it will be interesting to see how their season unfolds.

Who won out of North and Lindisfarne the other night?
Not surprised by the Roosters giving Hobart a touch up, Tigers have got very little and DOSA's been throwing the coin about and look like they'll be a strong side this year, it'll be them and SVC in the grand final this year in my opinion.
Did Cass play did he?

Who won out of North and Lindisfarne the other night?
Not surprised by the Roosters giving Hobart a touch up, Tigers have got very little and DOSA's been throwing the coin about and look like they'll be a strong side this year, it'll be them and SVC in the grand final this year in my opinion.
Did Cass play did he?
I heard NH won easily.

New Norfolk beat Campbell Town quite easily in Campbell Town. They were faster then the Robins players throughout the game, tempers flared late on in the game with one Campbell Town player trying to calm everyone down. The coach was yelling at a player to shut up as he was getting a bit heated after an incident happened.

A lot of players missing there for New Norfolk, they did look very short, and had a lot of young faces as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back