Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw a post on facebook about a rumour that an SFL club was looking a possibly jumping ship to the Old Scholars next year like what Channel did years ago?
Who was the candidate in question?
Keep an eye on New Norfolk too, heard that they are very close to falling over.

Lots of players heading back to TSL clubs.
The disbanding of the TSL will be a disaster for the SFL clubs imo
It'll end up two divisions like it did before.
Brighton's being pumped up as prime candidates to join but they'll get flogged every week like they did last time.
Nice new clubrooms out there but it's still a bumpkin club.

It'll end up two divisions like it did before.
Brighton's being pumped up as prime candidates to join but they'll get flogged every week like they did last time.
Nice new clubrooms out there but it's still a bumpkin club.
Yerp hence why not having promotion/relegation will leave us in the same state.

Saw a post on facebook about a rumour that an SFL club was looking a possibly jumping ship to the Old Scholars next year like what Channel did years ago?
Who was the candidate in question?
Keep an eye on New Norfolk too, heard that they are very close to falling over.

Any idea who the club would be ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobart would need an urgent influx of players wouldn't they? Am I right in saying they aren’t able to compete in the Reserves Only again in 2024?

Hobart would need an urgent influx of players wouldn't they? Am I right in saying they aren’t able to compete in the Reserves Only again in 2024?
Apparently they have reasonable amount of committed players. The problem will be they are going to get some serious hidings this year.

Hobart are not in good shape I’ve heard, cannot get a coach at all. Have okay numbers for one team but need to field two. Sad times
Over the past ten years, Hobart have undergone numerous "cleanouts." Given their past track record and the challenges of facing weekly defeats in the SFL season 2024, it's understandable why they struggle to attract players.

I hope they can get their act together and field two sides, however it's looking grim currently.

I think Hobart should go to the old scholars.
Keeps them inner city apart from Richmond- Point of difference. This may attract a few players knowing they only have to travel to TCA, Sandy Bay Area or Newtown.

Richmond are in bad shape too so they’ll be a chance of competing.

Hobarts masters could play reserves more easily in terms of competing.

They already would have a reasonable rivalry with the other TCA tenant in DOSA.

If the Hobart Masters players wanted to play on Saturdays against guys less than half their age, they’d already be doing that. Going to the Old Scholars wouldn’t make it any easier to field two sides.
Yer I have friends that are 40 that play OS twos. So are the masters players all 80 are they? Oh and they choose to play OS as they don’t have to go to Cygnet or New Norfolk.
Masters starts at 35, I’m sure they could deal ok. There’s players playing TSL at that age.
Not many athletes running around in Old Scholars twos either.

Yer I have friends that are 40 that play OS twos. So are the masters players all 80 are they? Oh and they choose to play OS as they don’t have to go to Cygnet or New Norfolk.
Masters starts at 35, I’m sure they could deal ok. There’s players playing TSL at that age.
Not many athletes running around in Old Scholars twos either.
Merely saying there’s a heck of a lot of 20 year olds running around than there are 40 year olds mate. Yes there’s some old blokes running around in the OS twos, I know some myself - but my point being there’s not many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back