Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: Draft Board and Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be very surprised if Rozee was overlooked by both Port and the Suns.
It's possible. Could go as early as Saints with four, but Suns with six probably the higher percentage play. However I do know the Suns love Caldwell and that's where they are torn. 100% confident he does not get further than Adelaide.

Pie 4 Life how confident are you the Power will go with B King? Seems to be the rumour at the moment that they want either him or Max. That choice is probably the clincher on whether we get Caldwell/Rozee or whether B King slides

Pie 4 Life how confident are you the Power will go with B King? Seems to be the rumour at the moment that they want either him or Max. That choice is probably the clincher on whether we get Caldwell/Rozee or whether B King slides
You've pretty much nailed it here. If Max is available, it will be Max. If Saints pick Max, my own personal thoughts, probably 70-80% it's Ben. My order after that would be Bailey Smith, then Jye Caldwell.

Would much rather ely smith than luke foley for the eagles
Dont mind the sturt pick and think podhajski is good value there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bit of a different question SoP but how do you see the interest in the draft going in the future. With the College system and popularity i think its impossible to generate the interest levels of US sports but I cant help but feel the majority of supporters will never have much interest. As an example but in an obviously limited sample, my group of friends have almost 0 interest in anything bar the actual draft day/night despite some of them watching 5 odd games a weekend and being mid to late 20's males.They'll have no idea who the kids are going into the thing.

Bit of a different question SoP but how do you see the interest in the draft going in the future. With the College system and popularity i think its impossible to generate the interest levels of US sports but I cant help but feel the majority of supporters will never have much interest. As an example but in an obviously limited sample, my group of friends have almost 0 interest in anything bar the actual draft day/night despite some of them watching 5 odd games a weekend and being mid to late 20's males.They'll have no idea who the kids are going into the thing.
I started this six years ago when it was virtually unheard of to be covering this area outside of the AFL post-season.

In 2016 we started ADC, had about 150,000 visitors to the site. Last year that figure went up to 450k, and this year we're looking at 850k. It's a three-year view, but if that's anything to go by, people are interested in earlier than you think as that's earlier in the year, not just this time. We are getting more people keen earlier and like tracking prospects now that it is possible.

We are always brainstorming ways of improving the product and have things in the works, so any suggestions to make people more interested, we're more than happy to look at doing it.

Your phantom draft seems to be missing picks 37 to 55 or is it just me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on Luke Foley, what makes him a better prospect than a Xavier O'Halloran, Jez McLennan or Ely Smith for West Coast and why have most phantoms only have him being taken by a WA team?

I started this six years ago when it was virtually unheard of to be covering this area outside of the AFL post-season.

In 2016 we started ADC, had about 150,000 visitors to the site. Last year that figure went up to 450k, and this year we're looking at 850k. It's a three-year view, but if that's anything to go by, people are interested in earlier than you think as that's earlier in the year, not just this time. We are getting more people keen earlier and like tracking prospects now that it is possible.

We are always brainstorming ways of improving the product and have things in the works, so any suggestions to make people more interested, we're more than happy to look at doing it.
Thats awesome and I'm honestly stoked for you guys if thats the case.

Just on Luke Foley, what makes him a better prospect than a Xavier O'Halloran, Jez McLennan or Ely Smith for West Coast and why have most phantoms only have him being taken by a WA team?
I rate McLennan and O'Halloran higher as indicated in my rankings, it's a combination of being a West Australian - that's always a bonus these days and the fact that the clubs would have had more access to see him develop, what he'd changed etc. - but also the fact that I think he actually has a lot of untapped potential. You speak about upside, and from an inside midfielder's perspective, he ticks a lot of boxes in terms of decision making, smarts and disposal, and he's one who I think could genuinely make an impact early on. I think the fact he has developed so quickly after missing out last year has also added to his character. So overall while I still have O'Halloran and McLennan rated higher, in terms of needs (Foley could play a big role in 2019), I just think he fits that bit more. He's an athlete too which helps.

The main thing missing is vision of junior players. If they AFL somehow worked out how to add vision for the punters, I think it would explode.
That is why US sports work because you have some much college and even high school vision of players, you can base some thoughts on them before drafted. Then you add all the easy accessible statistics and you have plenty of arm chair draft experts.

Good news for North fans, Bailey Scott is no longer coming tonight - knows he’s not getting a R1 bid, but not so good for GWS fans with Kieren Briggs invited with Adelaide and Wesr Coast keen - will just be expected to cost GWS that pick 25.

The main thing missing is vision of junior players. If they AFL somehow worked out how to add vision for the punters, I think it would explode.
That is why US sports work because you have some much college and even high school vision of players, you can base some thoughts on them before drafted. Then you add all the easy accessible statistics and you have plenty of arm chair draft experts.
If we were allowed to use the footage and make cuts we would have it all over the site of the various players.

Knightmare has Williams sliding to #52 - Surely he doesnt slide that far
Kid is a very high talent with amazing athleicism and looks a proper fwd/ruck with size

Tigers would have to consider him seriously

Knightmare has Williams sliding to #52 - Surely he doesnt slide that far
Kid is a very high talent with amazing athleicism and looks a proper fwd/ruck with size

Tigers would have to consider him seriously
No chance. Very confident in saying that. He might slide to a second round, but nah not to #52.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back