Scandal Shane Charter (SHANE CARTER IS INNOCENT!) hit with drug charges

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can point out the games that Woewodin didn't deserve votes in that would be great. Name the round and which player deserved the votes over him. Also be good if you could give your 3-2-1 for each Melbourne game in 2000 so we can see where the variances are.

The Brownlow is not the best player, it's the best player in each game played. Woewodin deserved every vote he got, probably would have received more if he was a big name going into the season. That's the Brownlow system.

The query is if he was given anything from Shane Carter that was illegal but improved his chances of being the best player on the ground. There is a massive question mark over that. Saying he just didn't deserve it is lazy and the sign of a low-IQ football follower.
It was 22 years ago just i will start with last round. If memory serves me correctly he wasnt getting any in that game.

It was 22 years ago just i will start with last round. If memory serves me correctly he wasnt getting any in that game.
Woewodin deserved 3 votes for that 17 touch 1 goal game instead of just 1 vote, just like poor “I was robbed” Scotty West who got 3 votes for his 19 touch 1 goal effort in round 4 that year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Shane Charter thread is complete without a trip down memory lane to Shane Woewodin's 2000 Brownlow speech.

Nice shout out to Shane at around 6.45 for all his help with ahh diet and everything....

Yes, because you'd definitely use your Brownlow acceptance speech to publicly thank the guy who was giving you performance enhancing drugs.

People aren't really this thick, are they?

Thanking someone for "dieting" doesn't draw attention.

This was the year that Justin Charles was suspended for using performance enhancing drugs.

If Woewodin was getting performance enhancing drugs from Charters, I reckon he may have considered that it'd be unwise to thank Charters for the 'help' just on the offchance that Charters was busted a year later.

This was the year that Justin Charles was suspended for using performance enhancing drugs.

If Woewodin was getting performance enhancing drugs from Charters, I reckon he may have considered that it'd be unwise to thank Charters for the 'help' just on the offchance that Charters was busted a year later.
Right, because no-one has ever said anything they later regretted.:think:

Yes, because you'd definitely use your Brownlow acceptance speech to publicly thank the guy who was giving you performance enhancing drugs.

those juiced up cheats know the system will protect them forevermore, that's why they get up on stage with a smug expression and say whatever they want. you can tell the vibe there after Woewoedin is announced, all his teammates and such, smirking and half surprised.

though we basically see what we want to see don't we

We had a whole pre-season of a club flogging photos of how big 34 players were, plus a captain claiming to have been injected with a substance that he understood to be legal. They never truly seemed to understand what they were receiving.

So you tell me it’s impossible for Wowoedin to possibly thank a guy who could have helped him in other ways?

Shane Caters Brownlow legacy - Jobe a confirmed drug cheat, James Hird was likely on PED's for most of his career and Woewodin has a big question mark over him.
if we're coming for his former clients hopefully that means luke ******* darcy off the tv and the end of nathan brown's betting ads ... is simon garlick stick ceo of freo? what is scott west doing now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back