Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no reason not to give it a try.

Of course there maybe more we don't know, but the couple of articles from the last few days haven't added anything we didn't already know.

He needs help, and Geelong are best placed re football to provide the support.

Maybe it won't work out, but I genuinely hope it does.
Garry Ablett Senior posts on BigFooty?

God loves you even though you hate him.

He even loves you enough to die for your sin on a cross.

You can accept his offer of eternal salvation and peace with him, your you can have your way and continue without him.

It's seems you are choosing hell, but you can still accept and live for Jesus.

Your choice.
:$

Innocent until proven guilty etc etc but when there's a clear and proven pattern of highly inappropriate conduct towards women (to put it diplomatically) along with numerous off-field issues (also proven), I don't think you can blame anyone for thinking that maybe we should take steps to deregister the person from the AFL.

Also “proven guilty” is a cop out when courts are overwhelmed & are happy to sort out non convictions/volunteer programs/donations as well. They hardly care about so called “minor” harassment & abuse infractions.

So North came out and said they sent him to 4 courses to re educate himself and that didn't help

Now am I cynical for saying why the * do you need to get educated on how to treat women?

It seems a big part of the violence against women is coming from people who are re offenders. Just punish them hard the first time to get the message across, if you slap them on the wrist they will continue along that path until the worst happens.

Look at a certain ex Essendon & St kilda player for example

Well for me it defeats the “background/upbringing excuse”. Of course if all you saw growing up was poor communication, anger outbursts, and escalation it will be a possible way forward for you in your adult life.

I once did work with an 18 yo Indigenous young man who couldn’t understand why his partner & mother of his kid was claiming she was scared of him. He genuinely was confused - he said he never had hit her and never would, he doesn’t hit women, she knows this.
But he had thrown a chair at a wall in an argument and punched his car window in in another one. He didn’t understand that this is violence too. That by the fact he lost control in a situation where he had the upper hand in strength & size, that is violence (we however got through to him and he embraced his therapy programs, luckily he had grandmothers & aunties prepared to keep him accountable).

BUT

You can’t claim you aren’t equipped if you have had the resources of an AFL club pour all these programs into you, and you refuse to even try to change your ways.

I think we kept him for too long but definitely didn’t just put him in the too hard basket. I think organisations & clubs (as well a men themselves) owe it to women, not the man, to try improve the mens behaviours.

I get it, it's the current vibe and the Mabo so AFL had no choice but to go hard on him.

But at the same time it's amazing how VIC Poll couldn't pin anything substantial on him.

The way majority of posters ITT are going to town on TT tells me they know more than the cops, I'd love to hear it.

This should be fun.

I don’t think looking at how Vic Pol treat allegations of harassment & intimidation is indicative of anything but how serious they take it.

Perhaps you’ve unwittingly identified one of the key parts of the entire issue around violence against women.

Also love to hear your definition of “substantial” and whether it’d change if the victim was your daughter or sister.

No one has ever claimed he hit a woman or did Michael Slater esque violence. But does he need too to be claimed “substantial”?

It isn't clear to me how "new" these latest allegations and investigations are, whether they overlap with matters the AFL is already aware of or not. But the notion that Thomas is continuing to harass this woman against what must surely be every bit of advice he has received to cease contact entirely, suggests an alarming lack of self-control and judgement.

Folks have speculated that the AFL has not sought to deregister Thomas owing to potential legal obstacles and challenges. Perhaps the AFL should also consider the implications and risks of not taking further, definitive action against Thomas.

Right.

Sure it is.

As we all know no one's background or life experiences have any bearing at all on who they are or how that think and act.
You can make excuses for any and everything if you try hard enough.
Plenty of examples of people that have grown up in s**t circumstances and turned into decent human beings because that's what they wanted to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he has reportedly abused the same woman again after being suspended for the season? If that's true, surely he has bipolar or something like that because nobody can be that dumb
Be aware, people who suffer bi-polar are generally extremely intelligent - the up side of the condition makes them driven, engaged and they enjoy problem solving.

I worry the Magi stated ‘it was clear he took the lessons seriously’, after doing it again.

This guy is getting the softest run in the Courts of anyone since Cousins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back