September 11 - Annual 'Where were you?' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

there's a video on youtube where someone has spliced together securrity footage from the airports, tv coverage, and all sorts of footage and sounds into a real time thing starting at maybe 6am ny time? with airport footage in boston i think it was

but cant find a link now. ill keep looking

Currently watching the new doco on Netflix.

5 part series with the first part goes back to how Al Qaeda started with the Soviet invasion.

The intro was a 20 minute recap of the first plane hitting the tower to the second one hitting the other one.

Always eerie hearing the audio of people finding out what has happened especially the audio of the traffic controllers and people on the actual plane.

Currently watching the new doco on Netflix.

5 part series with the first part goes back to how Al Qaeda started with the Soviet invasion.

The intro was a 20 minute recap of the first plane hitting the tower to the second one hitting the other one.

Always eerie hearing the audio of people finding out what has happened especially the audio of the traffic controllers and people on the actual plane.
There was one I saw on Foxtel yeaaaars ago, cannot remember the name of it. But it solely focused on George Bush and his entire day/night, etc during 9/11. It was absolutely fascinating and I wish I could see it again.

I was in high school so didn't hear about it until the next morning but I'll always remember what the first few hours were like. A teacher bought a TV into class and let us watch the news updates. I didn't know who Osama Bin Laden was until that happened.

I've thought about this more after seeing footage on twitter a few days ago showing the talking footy episode where they go to an ad break and it's announced that the first plane has hit.

I was in high school and usually stayed up until midnight so either for some reason I went to sleep early that night or I was awake while it happened but didn't find out until the next morning.

I've thought about this more after seeing footage on twitter a few days ago showing the talking footy episode where they go to an ad break and it's announced that the first plane has hit.

I was in year 12 and usually stayed up until midnight so either for some reason I went to sleep early that night or I was awake while it happened but didn't find out until the next morning.
I was 21 and arrived back from the States 10 days before 9/11 happened.

Was up watching Talking Footy, until mum came in and told me about it. Then went into the living room and watched it all unfold with them till I went to bed around 3am.

Less than FOUR days to go!!!!!!!

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

I was sleeping when it happened.

Add me to the Cheez TV group.

I didn't understand what was happening at the time and would've needed it explained to me like I was 4 years old even though I'd just turned 10 years old the week prior.

I grabbed the TV WEEK, showed my mum the programming on the day and days after and asked why the shows weren't airing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sleeping when it happened.

Add me to the Cheez TV group.

I didn't understand what was happening at the time and would've needed it explained to me like I was 4 years old even though I'd just turned 10 years old the week prior.

I grabbed the TV WEEK, showed my mum the programming on the day and days after and asked why the shows weren't airing.
That's how I can remember the Granville train disaster, they cancelled whatever morning television my mother had put me and my brother in front so she could have a peaceful sit down, coffee and f** for rolling coverage.

Was watching Talking Footy on 7.
Missus called from upstairs some plane has flown into the WTC and to change the channel over to see.
I'm like, eh....Bruce is talking WTF?
I begrudgingly did, and was watching for many hours after like everyone else.

Didn't Seth McFarlane also sleep in?

Yeah he did and he just missed one of the flights from Boston that flew into the WTC buildings.

He tells the story in this interview and how his cab driver was breaking traffic laws to try to get him on a flight that would have killed him.

Thank god he missed that flight as we would have missed out on a lot of great Family Guy episodes.

I was with my sister who was in the Royal Children's hospital in Melbourne.

Apparently my primary school made all the students watch it on TV. Imagine how traumatic that would have been for kids. Especially when they showed the people stuck above the planes and jumping out of windows.

If you are interested in reading people's stories who were involved in 11/9 I recommend "The Only Plane in the Sky." Heavy reading but well worth it.

Shell I'm the same as well. Love watching docos on it.

I'm fasinated by disasters and aways am interested in the lead up/event/aftermath.

It makes me feel old how most people here were still kids in school when 911 happened.

I was overseas and travelling through Italy when it happened and the first we heard about it was at a roadhouse there where we stopped mid afternoon to get some snacks and everyone was crowded around a tv there after the planes had hit and both building were on fire.

Two years before that I was in New York and did a tour to the top of one of the WTC buildings, no doubt there would have been people that planned on doing that tour on that day but thankfully I don't think that tour would have started that early in the morning when the planes hit

If you were at the top of the buildings when the planes hit it would have been a one way trip as you wouldn't have been able to get back down unless you jumped off them.

Yeah youd assume the observation deck would open at 9am, maybe even 10.

Yeah it would have been after 9am at least, I went up there around the middle of the day, the view up there was amazing.

On that recent doco one of the people that worked at the top of the buildings said you felt like you were in a plane as you were that high.

I have followed this page for about a year or maybe its two now
Shell you should check it out. Stories. Photos. Not of attack day necessarily and rules about what can be posted.
Im always still mesmerised by their sheer size and particularly when they were constructed and before reclaimed land was built on.

Attachments

• 574450C5-E4E1-480F-96FE-AB3F2A6D45D2.jpeg
    574450C5-E4E1-480F-96FE-AB3F2A6D45D2.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back