Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 20 - Fighting Furies v Gold City Royals @ rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

QootyToSurvive37.jpg

Season 37, Round 20

We have made it. 118 days of match threads, spam, media, and drama. We opened season 37 back on February 4th and this Monday will be the last game of the home and away season.

Now, to stay in the hunt for the premiership, teams must Qooty to Survive.

Qooty2Survive.jpg

A recap of the path to a premiership, so far.

1716258148838.png
EPISODE FUR

The Furies are still in contention for finals, but only just after a lack of co-leadership has risked their season and their future after calls to fold the Furies ran rampant.

The Furies opened the season with a 66-point win and had punters quickly pay attention to their premiership odds this season. In that victory against the Demons, new recruit The Cryptkeeper kicked seven goals and instantly became a clubhouse favourite, but after that they struggled to put results on the board with five of their next six games being put in the loss column. The streak of bad form also included a 67-point smashing by the Las Vegas Bears.

Their only win in this period was against the Coney Island Warriors but the four points ended up being void due to a late team sheet submission. A win two weeks later against the Dragons was also void as the Furies missed the deadline again, suspending their captain for a total of four weeks across the season and having an eight week streak where there were no points added to their tally.

A come from behind victory in round ten had hope high again at the Furies with wins coming in the weeks to follow against the Swamprats, Hawks, Warriors and even knocking off the high flying Old Boys.

The Wins are coming in and the Furies are in form but sit outside the top eight with only their leadership to blame. To make finals they’ll need to beat the Royals and see the Demons and the Hawks or Bears lose.

1716258368301.png

1716258477898.png
EPISODE GCR

It was obvious that the Royals were disappointed after season 36. They finished 11th with a negative record and did not make finals.

Cadsky decided to continue as the captain and worked hard alongside the recruiting team to put together a solid list of recruits for season 37. Zevon joined the Royals from the Roys and Jhye Clark 13 departed the Hawks, instantly joining the Royals leadership group. Footypie32 returned after 10 seasons missing at sea while the Gold City also welcomed two new rookies, Pedro and Nothing.

The Royals knew they needed to bounce back after the previous season but they struggled at the start of the new season being smashed in their opening round by 43 points against the Dragons. Another big loss against the Bears (50 points) and then against the Roys (59 points) had them on the bottom of the ladder at the end of round seven with critics out in force asking to sack their leadership group. How does the Royals have so much talent, but fail to put the results on the board? Poor coaching was the assumed answer.

It was a round eight game against the season 36 premiers that truly started their bounce back. A seven goal effort from one of their rookies and five goals from Brenton Davy ensured that the Royals took a big step forward during the season as they went on to beat the Gumbies by 29 points. After that game it’s been going Gold, with their only loss since being by just six points against the Demons.

The Royals now sit on top of the ladder heading into their final game of the season after winning eight of their last nine games, including a current six game win streak. They have their finals spot locked in but will need to beat the Furies and end their hope of finals to ensure they bring the minor premiership back to the throne.​

Captains, please be aware that the team sheet for your team must be submitted by 11:59 AWST on Thursday.

Nice write up AnUltimateRessie ! Hello Furbies and my esteemed team mates!

Let’s keep the Throne as our fortress and smash the Furbies!

EDIT: We’re playing at their place, whatever it’s called…

Commiserations Royals, our winning streak will be extended this week. Unfortunately at your expense.

Someone get this man a crash helmet and an MRI right now!

Episode 11 Pictures GIF by The Simpsons

Someone get this man a crash helmet and an MRI right now!

Episode 11 Pictures GIF by The Simpsons
One of their “My Little Ponys” must have thrown him and he’s suffering head trauma

Actually I was frozen in an iceberg after battling the Nazis.

The best possible reason to be frozen in an iceberg. I assume you were riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex, as well?

The most hideous beast of them all...

A Ginarinehartasaurus!

Just to give everyone a palate cleanser after this post:

Also, congratulations to everyone who no longer needs little blue pills after witnessing the below.

1716278799450.png

FIGHTING FURIES OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET

SEASON 37, ROUND 20 V Gold City Royals

B: Frederico_WA / Chronz / rfctigerarmy
HB: SplintWhisky / James Colorado / tigland
C: Edmund hunt / Frothies Mcveigh / omgfridge
HF: The Cryptkeeper / Feraligatr / Pickitt
F: JyeDye / ShaunDuggan / Toump Ass
FOLL: NaturalDisaster / crazywildhorse / Shueygod
INT: Sab22 / Grockadoc

Changes:

Nil

Fighting Furies: Victory means Finals!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies to Tonga Bob; a third team sheet error in a single season may have been the most Furies thing ever, but us actually lodging early just to be dicks about the whole thing is even more so.

Also, congratulations to everyone who no longer needs little blue pills after witnessing the below.

View attachment 1996054

Changes:

Nil

Me thinks someone is a tad paranoid now 🤣

View attachment 1996054

Changes:

Nil

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

Me thinks someone is a tad paranoid now 🤣

If by "tad" you mean team sheet deadlines are weighing on me to the extent that sleep has become a distant memory and the images of the subconscious (formerly called "dreams") are now bleeding into what I once thought was waking life, then I am extremely paranoid.

Apologies to Tonga Bob; a third team sheet error in a single season may have been the most Furies thing ever, but us actually lodging early just to be dicks about the whole thing is even more so.
anakin hate.gif

If by "tad" you mean team sheet deadlines are weighing on me to the extent that sleep has become a distant memory and the images of the subconscious (formerly called "dreams") are now bleeding into what I once thought was waking life, then I am extremely paranoid.

Need to get yourself a Vice Captaincy gig, mate.

I get all the sex appeal with a fraction of the responsibility.

Just don't tell Cadsky I said that.

Need to get yourself a Vice Captaincy gig, mate.

I get all the sex appeal with a fraction of the responsibility.

Just don't tell Cadsky I said that.
I never had sex appeal to begin with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back