Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 2 - The Bing Match Preview - West Coast Wonders v Roys FFC at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there are rules, actually. Well, I am suspended this week, so that might have been rules-related. Or it could be just love for rafters and a wish to emulate bats.
simpsons GIF

Truth is I don't see ads so it's probably related to membership level I guess. I see them on my phone browser but only cos I'm not logged in there. But this is via the app now not the browser. Too complicated.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

This weekend the Roys travel to the Colosseum in Rasasidge suburb to meet to the Wonders. If it feels like de ju vu, that's probably due to our practice match versus the same team only 3 weeks back at Bainlea Oval.

The Wonders are the oldest club in the Sweet FA, and one of only two remaining teams from the inaugural season of the league. Originally known as the Seventh Wonders (and before that as the Kit Kats), they have a storied history of premierships, ground changes, mix-ups with other teams at the time and cookies made from people.

From the BJO, the Colosseum is a trip south directly down Legend Parade from door to door. There are grandstands and terraces all along the eastern side of the arena from northern goals to south, with an open outer along the opposite side. One small construction facing onto the oval has the distinction of being the first building built in the region when Sweet began to become the place for a municipality.

Here is a photo of the Colosseum in 2016:
View attachment 1899984

And here it is today:
View attachment 1899989

_Mike_ , 3KZ is Football , Allikat , Aristotle Pickett , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Dicky Fitzwell , Eat Fresh , Ed_Gein , fitzroybowiedog , JackNah_8 , judge judy , Mooch , MrsEddieBetts , Phar Ace , Pure Grunt , Reardo, royboy2 , Roylion , RU_ , SpecialBruce , TheGoatBaron , tigs2010 , windyhill
kinda thought it would look a bit more like this
1200px-Colosseo_2020.jpg

like how the rats have their ground underground like a sewer, ours would kinda of look like the roman colosseum would be a nice touch one wall or something or a section done up

1200px-Colosseo_2020.jpg

like how the rats have their ground underground like a sewer, ours would kinda of look like the roman colosseum would be a nice touch one wall or something or a section done up
Wish I had construction skills to build that BigChippa52 ! But a) I don't and b) it's a suburban league so crazy arenas is kind of out of whack for the vibe. Bad enough putting a ground in a basement (Swampies) and another one on a roof (Bears)!

Wish I had construction skills to build that BigChippa52 ! But a) I don't and b) it's a suburban league so crazy arenas is kind of out of whack for the vibe. Bad enough putting a ground in a basement (Swampies) and another one on a roof (Bears)!
Fair enough, I doubt I have the skills either, great ground tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed! How come you're out?

Strange territory, was nice being tucked to the side. Let's see how I go having players around me 360°

Confused Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
I umm, I stuffed up the team sheet last week and copped an administrative suspension. I didn't entitle our Team Thread "Glorious Disarray" out of flippancy!

No problem. I'm sure I won't let the team down in your position for the week.

Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City
No drama! Just note that the Wonders never ever lose, like ever. Never have. Never will. Sure, they'll be outmatched. Sure, they'll score less points than us. And sure, we'll get 4 premiership points and they'll get none. But under their own definition of lose, yeah apparently they don't accept such a thing.

Was wondering (no) just now about the reference to rules and my saying there are no rules, what song it was reminding me of. First I thought it was from Underworld's Underneath The Radar in the intro, but no, I've just checked and it wasn't from there. But finally I landed on it.

But does anyone know what this is from? :)
View attachment norulesexcerpt.mp3

And put your Shazam away you cheating pricks!

Edit:
Here's the answer for when you concede:

Last edited:
1200px-Colosseo_2020.jpg

I think I put this in the team thread because that is what it actually is meant to be. Just doesn't fit the world building Mobbs does.

I think I put this in the team thread because that is what it actually is meant to be. Just doesn't fit the world building Mobbs does.
It's all good. It's not as if the Minecraft world, or the location, or the league, or your belief that you haven't lost a game, is real!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back