Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 14 - Coney Island Warriors v Fighting Furies at Van Corlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

spaceballs-icegif-5.gif

IMG_0820.gif

Definitely remember watching Lexx, but not sure I ever got around to watching Sliders now that I think of it. Thanks for the reminder that it existed.
They had an episode that predicted Covid.

Counterpart also had a Covid arc

## A Lamentation: "The Empire Strikes Back"

### A Symphony of Desolation

"The Empire Strikes Back"—a title that promises grandeur, yet delivers a symphony of desolation. Allow me to wield my lexicon like a Sith Lord's crimson lightsaber as we traverse the treacherous terrain of this cinematic endeavor.

1. Narrative Dissonance:
- The film opens with the Rebel Alliance on the run, their optimism crushed like a discarded protocol droid. Yet, instead of embracing this grim reality, we are subjected to quips and banter. The juxtaposition is jarring, akin to a funeral dirge interrupted by a kazoo solo.
- Torment sets in as we witness our beloved heroes—Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia—struggle against the relentless Empire. Their pain echoes through the corridors of Cloud City, where betrayal hangs thicker than Bespin's gas.

2. Character Arcs in Peril:
- Luke, our once wide-eyed farm boy, now grapples with existential dread. His Jedi training under Yoda feels like a fever dream—a montage of levitating rocks and cryptic riddles. Alas, his growth is stunted, like a bonsai tree yearning for the forest.
- Han Solo, frozen in carbonite, becomes a mere plot device. His fate dangles like a Damoclean sword, and we ache for his return. But alas, the narrative twists, leaving us with more questions than answers.

3. The Vader Enigma:
- Darth Vader, the dark enigma, should be our lodestar. Yet, his revelation as Luke's father lands with all the impact of a deflated balloon. The Force chills our spine, but the emotional payoff is akin to a malfunctioning hyperdrive.
- The iconic line—"No, I am your father"—should have seared our souls. Instead, it fizzles like a damp firework, leaving us yearning for the raw anguish that should accompany such a revelation.

4. Romantic Tumult:
- Leia's heart wavers between Han and Luke, like a malfunctioning droid caught in a love triangle. The tension should crackle like a lightsaber duel, but it fizzles like a faulty fusion reactor.
- Han's "I know" should have been a declaration etched in the stars. Instead, it lands like a half-hearted apology from a droid with faulty memory circuits.

### The Abyss Beckons

In the icy caverns of Dagobah, Yoda imparts wisdom, but it falls on deaf ears. We, too, yearn for enlightenment, but find only murky depths. The film's pacing—like a wounded AT-AT—lurches forward, leaving us disoriented and gasping for coherence.

And then, the pièce de résistance: the cliffhanger ending. Our heroes scattered, hope extinguished, and the Empire ascendant. We are left hanging like a Womp rat caught in a snare, tormented by the knowledge that resolution lies in another film, another era.

"The Empire Strikes Back" is a paradox—an opulent tapestry woven with threads of torment. Its darkness, once intriguing, now feels like a black hole devouring our enthusiasm. We emerge, battered and bruised, questioning our loyalty to this galaxy far, far away.

In conclusion, dear cinephiles, if you seek solace, look elsewhere. For this sequel, like a Sith apprentice, has betrayed our trust. The Force may be strong, but so is our disappointment.

May the next installment rekindle our hope, lest we drown in the void of cinematic despair.

1.5/10
are you really dissing the empire strikes back?

Good morning Warriors and Furies. I have the privilege of posting your match today, and this show should kick off at 3pm AEST.
Good luck to both teams.
James Colorado omgfridge Tonga Bob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely remember watching Lexx, but not sure I ever got around to watching Sliders now that I think of it. Thanks for the reminder that it existed.
Sliders was good...until they finally got to the right earth and someone had oiled the front gate

Hey Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah it's apparently game day, and the trainee match poster serial_thrilla is kicking things off in an hour which is kinda weird because the qooty and the foopy will be on at the same time. I'm hoping we have a big one for our good friend Raveneyes who does something that no other Warrior has ever done before , however I fully expect the world to come to an end when the sporting streams cross.

don't cross streams.gif

Hey Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah it's apparently game day, and the trainee match poster serial_thrilla is kicking things off in an hour which is kinda weird because the qooty and the foopy will be on at the same time. I'm hoping we have a big one for our good friend Raveneyes who does something that no other Warrior has ever done before , however I fully expect the world to come to an end when the sporting streams cross.

View attachment 1980045
I have really low expectations for this game sp I am fully prepared to be even more disappointed.

Raveneyes I hope against all hopes that we'll be dancing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back