SEASON 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cranbourne and Upwey with upset wins.

The mighty HBloods win the only grand final worth winning

The VETS

Congrats to Pee Wee Peters, Rhino and the boys

Looks like Wandin squandered an opportunity to play finals given they had the bye next week and with Cranbourne playing Narre.

Adam Parker from Vermont is the word I’m hearing to coach Upwey next year. Is coming on the promise of bringing 4 or 5 with him apparently. A veteran Ruckman with very recent links to a former Yarra Valley club is one of them along with a key forward.

Adam Parker from Vermont is the word I’m hearing to coach Upwey next year. Is coming on the promise of bringing 4 or 5 with him apparently. A veteran Ruckman with very recent links to a former Yarra Valley club is one of them along with a key forward.

Ruck - Ross

Forward - Eddy or Ainger? (neither would come cheap).

They are in a position to load up after being in a bit of a holding pattern spend wise whilst rooms redevelopment was underway. Has been a long range plan hence Belly stepping down mid year.
Big $$$’s are being spoken about out at the tigers den.

Ross not the name but let’s just say the ruckman being spruiked would be a “Wale” of a recruit....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth in the rumours that Berwick are looking at joining the EFL 2020,there is a comment on the BF EFL site now.
They will not be playing in the outer east is my very reliable mail.

Merger is an absolute disaster for valley clubs. Even worse the finals are now hosted in doveton and Berwick.

No more money for Valley clubs for finals. Very sad to see once proud powerful clubs Wandin and Olinda not even in finals

They will not be playing in the outer east is my very reliable mail.

Merger is an absolute disaster for valley clubs. Even worse the finals are now hosted in doveton and Berwick.

No more money for Valley clubs for finals. Very sad to see once proud powerful clubs Wandin and Olinda not even in finals
Shouldn’t have been in the first place.

Hopefully the rest take off too. Along with the “ideas men” at City Hall......

Long time follower of valley football.
If Berwick do move to efl which division do you think they’d be in?
Interested to see where premier division stacks up against efl

Long time follower of valley football.
If Berwick do move to efl which division do you think they’d be in?
Interested to see where premier division stacks up against efl

I’d say they’d be in the top half of 1st division.
Pre OE merger and EFL restructure I’d have put the top 2-3 YV sides as bottom of EFL div 2 or finals of div 3.
When I first went to the YV (09) the div 2 senior side I was playing in would’ve been beaten by a few EFL div 3 reserves sides I played with/against

Any truth in the rumours that Berwick are looking at joining the EFL 2020,there is a comment on the BF EFL site now.

Graham - will all depend on what sort of deal they were locked into and what AFL Vic will allow. Probably no secret they want to move on - players the other week were sledging the opposition on the ground ("don't worry - we won't have to put with your sh*% next year - we're off to EFL"). I think part of the deal for coming across was to stay for 2-3 seasons so will be interesting to see how easily that agreement will be allowed to be broken.

I believe in other posts that people have said they tend to call themselves Berwick Football Club (ignoring the netball component) and we all know that netball in the EFL isn't like the structure in AFLOE and other country leagues. If they were to move I think you'll find the netballers would be hung out to dry as a sacrifice.

Graham - will all depend on what sort of deal they were locked into and what AFL Vic will allow. Probably no secret they want to move on - players the other week were sledging the opposition on the ground ("don't worry - we won't have to put with your sh*% next year - we're off to EFL"). I think part of the deal for coming across was to stay for 2-3 seasons so will be interesting to see how easily that agreement will be allowed to be broken.

I believe in other posts that people have said they tend to call themselves Berwick Football Club (ignoring the netball component) and we all know that netball in the EFL isn't like the structure in AFLOE and other country leagues. If they were to move I think you'll find the netballers would be hung out to dry as a sacrifice.
Having these sides in the league isn’t helping anyone.

AFL Vic should move them
On as quickly as possible

Regardless of any so called “agreement”, which Berwick deny any such knowledge of mind you, if the powers that be try to block Berwick it would be an act of gross negligence. They are leaving due to competitive imbalance, they are too big for the comp and are the only ones being adult enough to actively do something about it. Blocking their departure would be nothing more than a gigantic ego stroke on the part of City Hall. At what point do the clubs out this way stand up and say enough to these “ideas men”?

I think you will find both Berwick and Narre Warren are both looking for greener pastures in the EFL. Cranbourne considering a move to the MPNFL now they are looking for a third division. (Even though they are quite happy in the new set up).

If both Berwick and Narre Warren do move to the EFL (which may be unlikely from what I have heard) they will be looking to be placed in Division One. They certainly will not go into Premier Division first up.

Would be quite happy if Berwick left regardless of how good they are. Their attitude on field stinks....and the level of arrogance and cockiness certainly isn’t a good reflection on their club.

I know Pakenham, Doveton and Officer are more than happy with the arrangements - don’t see them going anywhere at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back