Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems that a Paul Florance from Templestowe (VAFA) is on AFL Vic's list of de-registered players. He was de-registered on 19/10/15. So obviously he has form, but how did he become re-registered with Healesville? Haven't seen a player knock out two players in one quarter for quite a while.

Can understand Wandin's frustration with this Crosso, unfortunately I don't think there is any other option other than not playing at Healesville at all.
Having the senior team play at Yarra Glen would put far too much strain on the club organising the finals at the ground with most of the volunteers taking the trip over to watch the senior team.

As a former club president, I get the pain of stretching your volunteer base... and this is in no way a shot at Healesville, Felix & his team do a power of work to create a successful club.

But the answer seems really easy to me?
Just tender out to non-competing clubs the facilities at Healesville... HFNC don't own the rooms or ground, they are a council tenant.

Then no strain on their club at all. And no ridiculous home ground advantage in the top tier competition this league has...

Possibly easier said than done? They might be tenants but all the food, drinks, consumables, etc. would belong to the club. Makes a messy job to clear all the kitchens and bar out for 1 day and store everything somewhere and then bring it all back.

Seems that a Paul Florance from Templestowe (VAFA) is on AFL Vic's list of de-registered players. He was de-registered on 19/10/15. So obviously he has form, but how did he become re-registered with Healesville? Haven't seen a player knock out two players in one quarter for quite a while.

Which qtr?

Ash Davies and Dean Carswell (Lilydale) apparently signed with an NFL club for next year, they going with him ?

Thank you Belgrave Adam best is not even close to a premiership coach, he's that bad he could almost coach warby.

Thank you Belgrave Adam best is not even close to a premiership coach, he's that bad he could almost coach warby.

How so? As I supporter I see a bloke who has taken a team that exited 2016 in straight sets and put them into a grand final.

Belgrave were the better team all year and that showed on Saturday when they responded after being pushed.

I also believe the football club have resigned him for 2018 where the obvious aim will be to take the extra step.

Now lastly my username is obviously an alias but I don't hide behind it to name people and pot them. He is obviously having a crack at coaching. What club do you coach?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How so? As I supporter I see a bloke who has taken a team that exited 2016 in straight sets and put them into a grand final.

Belgrave were the better team all year and that showed on Saturday when they responded after being pushed.

I also believe the football club have resigned him for 2018 where the obvious aim will be to take the extra step.

Now lastly my username is obviously an alias but I don't hide behind it to name people and pot them. He is obviously having a crack at coaching. What club do you coach?

Pointing the finger at the coach is the easy way out ! I wasn't there so happy to get someone to fill us in who was.

Questions though -

did YG coaching staff look to roll numbers behind the ball, or try to play possession footy at any stage to stop momentum ??

What about players themselves ? To be 11 goals up and lose by 5 goals in any game is unthinkable, let alone a GF. I'm sure Belly's workrate, effort, attitude etc all lifted considerably but what were the YG boys doing in response to match it ??

It's a bizarre result, if it were Pakistan, the enquiry would already be going !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pointing the finger at the coach is the easy way out ! I wasn't there so happy to get someone to fill us in who was.

Questions though -

did YG coaching staff look to roll numbers behind the ball, or try to play possession footy at any stage to stop momentum ??

What about players themselves ? To be 11 goals up and lose by 5 goals in any game is unthinkable, let alone a GF. I'm sure Belly's workrate, effort, attitude etc all lifted considerably but what were the YG boys doing in response to match it ??

It's a bizarre result, if it were Pakistan, the enquiry would already be going !!!
Basically there was a strong wind favouring one end, so the 5 goal half time difference is the right reference point. YG did seem to run out of legs after throwing everything at it early. They made some silly errors e.g playing from a kick in without a kick and had a 5 minute panic attack that cost them. They were within 7 points very late in last, the last couple of Belly goals were very late once the game was dusted.

Having a look at the transfers some clubs have recruited well ( emerald YJ Healesville mt ev) but on the flip side Belgrave look shot, yarra glen will struggle and warby still can't attract talent.

Interesting that Bandit9 wants to pot the YG coach like that, when he clearly thought they would struggle at the start of the season. He's obviously done a few things right throughout the year to get them into that position.

Congratulations to Belgrave though, were clearly the best team all year.

I watched the second half from near the YG box and there seemed to be a stream of players getting treated by trainers and testing legs / calves / hammies before running back on. Telford seemed to have his calf severely bandaged - what point did he go off? That's a big loss.

I watched the second half from near the YG box and there seemed to be a stream of players getting treated by trainers and testing legs / calves / hammies before running back on. Telford seemed to have his calf severely bandaged - what point did he go off? That's a big loss.

He was coming off a calf tear and pretty sure he tore it again.
Iirc he came off early in the 3rd?

Besty's only directive this year was to pump games into the kids (think there was 6-7 under 22 playing in the Grand Final) and the club was happy to finish mid table so to make the grand final is a massive tick for 2017.

He was coming off a calf tear and pretty sure he tore it again.
Iirc he came off early in the 3rd?

Besty's only directive this year was to pump games into the kids (think there was 6-7 under 22 playing in the Grand Final) and the club was happy to finish mid table so to make the grand final is a massive tick for 2017.
If the kid tore his calf 2 weeks ago, why was he picked to play in the first place. Torn calves are 4-6 week injuries. Playing injured players in a gf is as dumb as it gets.

If the kid tore his calf 2 weeks ago, why was he picked to play in the first place. Torn calves are 4-6 week injuries. Playing injured players in a gf is as dumb as it gets.

The injury was in the lead up to the finals (sorry if it read that he did it in week 1 of the finals).
From what I understand there was no concern after the first final or leading into the grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back