season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

No

Beechworth have had 3 players kick over 35 goals for the year and 2 have kicked over 50 so i am not sure Halliday needs as much help as people think.

Bate would be no chance.

Very true but if you look at who they have kicked those goals against, there are alot of 4's, 5's, 6's even a 9 for Allen against sides like Chiltern and Saints. Granted the opposition don't kick them through for you but it is alot easier when the ball is pumped in all day long.

My concern regarding Beechworth as I said before, not sure they have the firepower if Halliday is held. Having said that though they did beat Tall not that long ago and Halliday only kicked 1 goal, they had an even spread that day. Going to be an interesting few weeks thats few sure! :thumbsu:

Very true but if you look at who they have kicked those goals against, there are alot of 4's, 5's, 6's even a 9 for Allen against sides like Chiltern and Saints. Granted the opposition don't kick them through for you but it is alot easier when the ball is pumped in all day long.

No doubt it is easier to kick goals against sides such as Chiltern, Wodonga and co but i would have thought that is the same for every team? You look at other teams and they have done exactly the same thing. Richardson 7 against the Saints, 6 against Mitta and 15 against Chiltern this year so it is not just the Beechworth players that get an easy run against these sides.

It will be an interesting next 4 weeks.

Well done to John Paola on winning the League medal last night as well.

Good to see the wily vetern Danny Hargreaves poll well in the Barton Medal. I think he missed a fair chunk of the season as well. Very good leader and one I bet the Dogs hope fires up for the finals. Looking forward to seeing the Dogs hopefully bounce back against the Roos this week.

Good luck to my old hoppers this week in all 3 grades they have made finals in, not bad for a team that 2 years ago on Big footy everyone bagged the hell out of. Tough game in the seniors they are expecting but "Go Hoppers"
On another note i heard Chiltern have approached a high profile O&M player to coach, big $$ involved, trying to find out who, so will let you all know if i can.

Good luck to my old hoppers this week in all 3 grades they have made finals in, not bad for a team that 2 years ago on Big footy everyone bagged the hell out of. Tough game in the seniors they are expecting but "Go Hoppers"
On another note i heard Chiltern have approached a high profile O&M player to coach, big $$ involved, trying to find out who, so will let you all know if i can.

anyone got any info on this?

[/b]

anyone got any info on this?

Luke Carrol from Albury apparently would take a few with him you would expect to. We have spoke to a couple of OM senior players in the last few weeks about taking the job on up here at Mitta but all wil wait to season end!

I have absolutely no idea

But I will take a totally random wild guess, Brendan Way coached Chiltern a few years back (I think they made the grand final under him in 2006). So is there any chance he's returning. Im pretty sure Chiltern released him from his contract (at the time) due the timing of when the Raiders job became available so they parted on good terms.

But I must stress, im only guessing here

But I will take a totally random wild guess, Brendan Way coached Chiltern a few years back (I think they made the grand final under him in 2006). So is there any chance he's returning. Im pretty sure Chiltern released him from his contract (at the time) due the timing of when the Raiders job became available so they parted on good terms.

May be linked with another TDFL club next season but all speculation..nothing confirmed

Way is more than likely heading back out to Chiltern. Chiltern let him out of his contract to go back to Raiders from what i understand he is looking to return the favour to them.

Way is more than likely heading back out to Chiltern. Chiltern let him out of his contract to go back to Raiders from what i understand he is looking to return the favour to them.

I also heard this. from what i understand Way only wants to go as a part time player, he wants to spend more time with his family and not be committed to playing every week. Also heard they have approach a few other raider players including outgoing ruckman - Storey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips for the first week of the finals

Beechworth
Yackandandah by about 18points

good luck to everyone who is playing over the weekend.

they are up now- late- good work Ken, late as usual.
Good to see Thurgoona get done- but that would have to be one of Thurgoona's best years, thats something to hand ya hat on boys

Jack your suck a **** Thurgoona's best year was 2 years ago when they knocked your Swans out of the Elimination final. But i suppose a man of your intelligence would have known that or have you chosen to forget.

Well done Thurgoona on a great year something to build on for next. Good to see the young fellas in the 14's and 17's both playing for spots in the big dance this week. Future looking bright.

Is that Albury, Lavington,Scots, THurgoona under14s.There is talk out there that Thurgoona are not playing in the spirit of the rule for over aged players. Is it right one is co captain and one got 13 votes in the league count. Can any one shed any light on this.

Is that Albury, Lavington,Scots, THurgoona under14s.There is talk out there that Thurgoona are not playing in the spirit of the rule for over aged players. Is it right one is co captain and one got 13 votes in the league count. Can any one shed any light on this.

One got 9 votes in the League medal - 24 votes behind the winner.

i could, but might end up costing our club a couple of grand- but ya right- it's not in the spirit of the game- they couldn't win a game early in the year- now with a few ring ins they are.........
maybe we need a salary cap for the under 14's

Good to see the vice-president of Chiltern is across all the big issues in football. Well done John. Would you like us to create an U14's thread for you and the other whingers to get on ?

Whilst not everyone associated with a football club gets on here and reads bigfooty-There are many who do.Jack a word of warning-if your insignificant pea brain can understand this-your intelligence was highlighted by the fact you were "outed" in just about record time.There would be many fine people working in and around the Chiltern Footy Club-you are doing them a disservice by your immature and petty rants on here.Anyone on here lowers their opinion of you and as a parallel your footy club each time you make a comment.I am sure there would be many people trying to raise Chiltern's profile after your 09 season.
You aren't funny;sarcastic;intelligent;witty or even interesting.You are a goose.Your name is a joke in football circles and you have no respect-for your club's sake dissapear.

From my understanding, Thur 14s were struggling for numbers pre-season as were Alb, Scots, etc. so they aggreed that some Thur kids would play on Sunday for these clubs if a couple filled in on Sat's for Thur. I think where people are misunderstanding is that most of these 'permit players' in Thur 14's are actually Thur kids because I believe if you want to play for the clubs in the AWJF then you must clear to them and then play on permit for the TDFL clubs, even if it is your own club. Yes they have a couple of AWJF players I guess thats the benefit of being in town. It is a credit to everyone involved in club over last 4 years as kids now willing to come play out there.

Thats sounds all ok but that did not explain the ability of the over age players. Sounds like they may have got under TDFLs player assessment policy or they are poor judges of football talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back