harryhoward

Senior List
Jul 15, 2008
in a far far place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
not carlton or albury
hey all congratulations to the kiewa boys on a great 2008, but now lets look towards 2009, realising its only early, is there any news on early signings for next year? who will be the likely improver

Beechworth might lose the Melbourne Crew (Rahn Deuis, Mitch Ryan, ect)

Btw Congratulations to Shaun "Shaggy Dog" Pritchard on winning Beechworth Seniors B&F Award,
Can't think of a more deserving person to win it.

Yack starts pre season Mon 20th Oct. Jimmy Harris reputed as saying "We will win it next year!" One can only presume they are expecting big things in the yack twos this year.

interesting appointment up in Beechworth with Pritchard taking the reins. Nothing against him personally but i would have thought his recruiting prowess wouldn't be that strong. Somebody from outside the club may have been a better option, in order to attract players. But good on him for giving it a crack, hope he does well.

I see tallangatta has started the recruiting game by signing Jack Russell, Tyson Smith, Will Chilton, Tim Kennedy and James Arnott(good to see ya talked to us before leaving...mate). All over rated players anyway, none of em ever made an impact in O&M 2's, with jack being the only one i can see making an impact in the tdfl

I see tallangatta has started the recruiting game by signing Jack Russell, Tyson Smith, Will Chilton, Tim Kennedy and James Arnott(good to see ya talked to us before leaving...mate). All over rated players anyway, none of em ever made an impact in O&M 2's, with jack being the only one i can see making an impact in the tdfl

Being a bulldog supporter for the last 5 years and watching quite a few TDFL games in my time i would have to disagree with ya mate. I have watched kennedy when he was at rutherglen a couple of years back and he was more then a handy player and will be a good recruit. Smith has played 10-15 OM senoir games and was set for more this coming season if he could stay injury free and will become a very handy midfielder for the hoppers. Russel has also played a handful of senoir games at the dogs and had a very good year in the reserves and was very close to playing in a senoirs final this year will prove to be a very very good TDFL player.
As for chilton and arnott they werent really up to senoir OM but will be handy additions to the hoppers. Judging from you response to arnott you are clerly from kiewa and if the rumours are true use were one of many TDFL teams trying to gain the services of these boys, so why would u want to recruit blokes u think were no good. However the season will only show if they will prove to be handy pickups i beleive they will and the hoppers will be the front runners for the flag with a couple of more recruits on the horizon, and with mitta and kiewa losing key players good luck to all this coming season

Being a bulldog supporter for the last 5 years and watching quite a few TDFL games in my time i would have to disagree with ya mate. I have watched kennedy when he was at rutherglen a couple of years back and he was more then a handy player and will be a good recruit. Smith has played 10-15 OM senoir games and was set for more this coming season if he could stay injury free and will become a very handy midfielder for the hoppers. Russel has also played a handful of senoir games at the dogs and had a very good year in the reserves and was very close to playing in a senoirs final this year will prove to be a very very good TDFL player.
As for chilton and arnott they werent really up to senoir OM but will be handy additions to the hoppers. Judging from you response to arnott you are clerly from kiewa and if the rumours are true use were one of many TDFL teams trying to gain the services of these boys, so why would u want to recruit blokes u think were no good. However the season will only show if they will prove to be handy pickups i beleive they will and the hoppers will be the front runners for the flag with a couple of more recruits on the horizon, and with mitta and kiewa losing key players good luck to all this coming season

Yes I am Kiewa mate and no we did not try and recruit these players and like I said, yes I agree Jack will be a handy player but as for the rest of em I might be made to eat my words....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

an ynews on recruits from other clubs.

Purcell is Yacks No1 target

Word is that Purcell is only a couple of games short of 200 at Jerilderie and had no intention of returning to Yack. That along with the substantial player payment he is receiving there! Good to see Lillis starting pre season early. One can only hope that he realises his team was the fatest, slowest and unfitist the tdfl has seen in the last ten years! He must be sick of hearing how most were knocked up in the warm up! Good luck if he can get them fit, they could be a serious threat?

Word is that Purcell is only a couple of games short of 200 at Jerilderie and had no intention of returning to Yack. That along with the substantial player payment he is receiving there! Good to see Lillis starting pre season early. One can only hope that he realises his team was the fatest, slowest and unfitist the tdfl has seen in the last ten years! He must be sick of hearing how most were knocked up in the warm up! Good luck if he can get them fit, they could be a serious threat?

I also believe that is the case - Purcell is just short of a milestone and will go again for Jerilderie - I would have thought 150 games???? Due to age and changing clubs but could be wrong. Must have started early if it's 200. Geezz...

I suggest Yack concentrate on the fitness by what your saying.....

Dont think just cause ur runnin the streets of Wodonga with 4 of your mates is starting pre-season early.
Have u considered that maybe these blokes are actually trying to stay in peak physical condition for 12 months instead of turning up at pre-season like fat slobs!!!!!

Ok fair call. I did not realize that was Lillis's definition of "pre season". But it makes sense now. However i think if Harris is one of those mates i feel you may have seriously overestimated whats happening by use of the word "running". Can anyone shed any light on weather Yack may have a new non playing assistant coach? I heard a whisper but not sure of its validity due to Harris's close or should i say "extra close" affiliation with Lillis?

Ok fair call. I did not realize that was Lillis's definition of "pre season". But it makes sense now. However i think if Harris is one of those mates i feel you may have seriously overestimated whats happening by use of the word "running". Can anyone shed any light on weather Yack may have a new non playing assistant coach? I heard a whisper but not sure of its validity due to Harris's close or should i say "extra close" affiliation with Lillis?

Good to see some banter on here fellas, its a wonder shreky hasn joined in yet. word is they will lose a few any word on who they have picked up??

Have Chilt an Dederang announced their coaches for next year yet??

Any other player movements around the league???

Care to shed any light on the new Assistant Coach,s name there MW?
Are his initials AR,if they r i think its a bit of the mark,if the initials r RW it may be a bit closer.

Good to see some banter on here fellas, its a wonder shreky hasn joined in yet. word is they will lose a few any word on who they have picked up??

Believe McMartin has DMB's job.Mounsey is off to Qld so with Dicketts will be big losses.What about movements at Mitta MM?Believe with Slater moving away;Culph to Osborne(if playing);a couple of retirements and others such as Fraser and possibly Nelsons not travelling back Mitta may rebuild in 09.Barny have a couple heading to O&M clubs and elsewhere and Kiewa have some youngsters also heading to the O&M.Tallangatta look the likely improvers on the recruiting scene and believe Thurgoona may land some Albury reserve players.Rutherglen will battle and having someone like Kennedy return to the league and play against them would hurt.May not be as many big ins this year with clubs looking to rely on locals and youth for their improvement.Myrtleford are trying to raid a lot of younger talent from TDFL clubs and throwing plenty of coin at them despite last weeks article on their financial situation.

Expect an announcement from Chiltern later this week,very close to signing a coach

Expect an announcement from Chiltern later this week,very close to signing a coach

Any guess as per the name on this mate? Chiltern need someone higher profile than what they have had to boost their recruiting!

As for 2009 as it looks now, its Kiewa then daylight by the sounds.
Mitta may need rebuilding, DMB will be depleted from 2008 and no real challengers coming out of the pack if Barny lose a few to the O&M. Unless a team does a Thurgoona in 2007 and becomes a real bolter, it could be one of the most boring seasons in record!

Hope its not mind you, would love to see a tight year in 2009!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back