VFL Sandringham Zebras 2015 News and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I just read last night membrey is done. I added hugh and holmes for the second week. I figured they wouldnt play pierce if they had holmes and hickey and wouldnt need delaney if they had hugh, le grice and shakalis. But with lee done for the year they might. There are a few other sandy players that could make it, noone and grace and verma but they haven't impressed me as much as the others recently. Curren and cockie might both be back round 2 of finals too. Not sure of their injury status.
Pierce to play his first game for the Saints this weekend ?
Hell yeah!! (Lonie to return to the firsts?)

Hickey in for Sandy? Sinclair, Templeton and Acres too if they're ready. (12 Saints in all)
Looking for big games from those guys plus Saad, McKenzie and Markworth !!!

The rest stay - including Saunders, Shenton, Simpkin, Siposs, Delaney, Shakalis, Brown, Jones, TDL, Weickhardt, Le Grice, Noone, Zijai, Kreymbourg, Cook and Coates.

Ong, Grace and Verma as emergencies, IMO.
Cockie and Curren not far away?

Go Zebs !!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems strange that they are playing Sinclair, seeing that he can`t play finals & it shouldn`t affect the double chance. You would reckon it was time to wrap him up in cotton wool, ready for next season after his break out 1st year in AFL.

It will still be good for him to get a taste of finals footy intensity against mature bodies. Also, him playing improves Sandy's chances of winning. Would love for them to snare a flag, would be fantastic for both Sandy and St Kilda.

We could just present to the VFL heiracy the facts on how Sinclair was a rookie, then a senior player, then a rookie, then a senior player but really a rookie yada yada... In the end they just go ok, fk it we don't get it, so he's in.

So do people actually think we have a shot at the Flag, or are we just the equivalent of 2013 Freo to the Hawks, or 2000 Melbourne to Essendon - just there to give Box Hill somebody to beat?

I think once number 1 ruck holmes and the best mids in minch and murdoch get back into the team, plus with siposs' good form, sandy could take it to anyone. Losing membrey and paddy hurts them a lot, but kreymborg, tdl and saad can kick a lot of goals and if delaney, shak, le grice and goddard hold down the back line, brown could be a real goal kicker too

So do people actually think we have a shot at the Flag, or are we just the equivalent of 2013 Freo to the Hawks, or 2000 Melbourne to Essendon - just there to give Box Hill somebody to beat?

Sandringham are the form team of the competition. If there's no injuries and Saints boys stay switched on I think a premiership is on offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back