Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I am all in on the offensive line. It's tragic that the blaring weakness all off season was RT and it finally came home to haunt them in the last offensive snap of the season.

Draft and pursue in FA at least 2 new starters on the right side and understudies everywhere else.

For an offense that relies on scheme to get players open giving the QB that extra half second will be criminal for opposing defenses.

Watching the post game cut ups is making me ill.

Yes the last offensive play of the game was telling, but this play may have buried the Chiefs earlier. Straight after the Mahomes interception and before the fateful muffed punt.

Shanahan actually called a kill shot here, Purdy was going to a wide open Aiyuk and once again the offensive line *s up.

You can not play the way they did down the stretch with the talent they have on that roster.
I didn't have too many gripes about the play calling over the game, but the 4th & 1 in OT was the time to send the house and live with the yards over the top.

Soft coverage giving up easy yards and the freeing Kelce was criminal.

For all it's star power our D line play got worse and worse over the season. Needs a new approach to energize the talent.

I didn't have too many gripes about the play calling over the game, but the 4th & 1 in OT was the time to send the house and live with the yards over the top.

Soft coverage giving up easy yards and the freeing Kelce was criminal.

For all it's star power our D line play got worse and worse over the season. Needs a new approach to energize the talent.

Agree, for all the pivotal moments in the game, that was the last chance to seize victory.

The Off Season To Do List:

• Hire a new DC.
  • Draft/sign at least 3 offensive linemen including the entire right side.
  • Get a true run stopping interior lineman
  • A TE that actually is an offensive threat behind Kittle
  • LB, Safety and Corner depth (may need starters here pending recovery to Greenlaw and Hufanga).

Likely starter vacancies:

• Free Safety (Gipson Retires)...probably goes to Brown
  • Defensive End (Ferrell and Young are FAs and not the same...ideally you get both back as a combo.
  • Slot Corner (Oliver, Wilks' hand picked guy can be let go)
  • 3rd WR (bring back Jennings if possible, will any of the recent draft picks make an impact?)
  • LB and Strong Safety are up in the air due to the injuries to Hufanga and Greenlaw.
  • Punt and Kick Returner

Re-signing hopefully:

- Ferrell, Young (one year prove it deal), Feliciano, Jennings, Kinlaw (who got better as the year went on). If they don't sign some of these defensive linemen then they will be forced to sign other FAs or spend high draft picks as the depth is thin behind the starters.

Things that I don't want to see:

• The first running back taken is not a UDFA - they already have two worthy backups who never see the field anyway
  • The draft class of the last 2 years continuing to not see playing time
  • Another 1st round defensive lineman being taken
  • Not drafting a QB late

Social media and passing judgement on these guys from afar is cheap commentary but for all the brilliant plays, screw ups, barbs being thrown to and from opposition fans and teams, for some reason, this cut out has moved me more than any other from the SB.

Edit: Like a couple of years ago with the Deebo jersey purchase after the loss to the Rams in the NFC Championship, a Fred Warner jersey is now in the mail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF Super Bowl window official shut for me. If your not going to improve your O-line what is the point.

Lets pay a guy who is rubbish.

WTF Super Bowl window official shut for me. If your not going to improve your O-line what is the point.

Lets pay a guy who is rubbish.

If they take a RG early and at least 2 tackles i can live with this.

If they take a RG early and at least 2 tackles i can live with this.

For me they need RT and RG. Our right side is awful in both pass protection and run game.

The fact they think McKivitz is a starting calibre tackle on a super bowl winning team is baffling. The right side is horrible it's not even playoff worthy to be honest.

For me they need RT and RG. Our right side is awful in both pass protection and run game.

The fact they think McKivitz is a starting calibre tackle on a super bowl winning team is baffling. The right side is horrible it's not even playoff worthy to be honest.

I thinks he is a bridge/transition and agree he should not be seen as a long term starter.

Armstead only 15.5 sacks the last 4 years. Had his one big year of 10 sacks got paid and had to deal Buckner and then become average.

It wasnt so much his production it was the last few years he missed significant time. When you factor in the actual salary to time on the field it seemed a logical decision.

He seems like a pretty classy guy though, best of luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back