Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

tenor.gif

I always knew we'd win !!!....

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was an incredibly lucky win. A lot of things fell for us there (dropped picks, missed FG) plus Kyle showed some of his poor game management.

All of that said, hopefully there’s some confidence that comes from it. A day extra rest before next week’s game, playing at home, hopefully everyone pulls up ok (except for Deebo, who’ll likely miss).

Pretty surprised we’re still betting favourites after that. I suppose the AFC is tougher but I’d have the ravens as leading chances given the discrepancy in performance today.

Interesting Mix of play call. 39 passes, CmC only 17 rush attempts

By interesting I mean suspect

Lions just gave up 6 yards a rush. CMC will line up in the slot for the entire matchup this week.

Interesting Mix of play call. 39 passes, CmC only 17 rush attempts

By interesting I mean suspect

Seemed he wasn't 100%.

I think it was more to do with the way the play calling, and what looks Green Bay gave us. Stacking the box to entice the pass over the run.

Let's hope that we straighten things out and get more carries for cmc

I think it was more to do with the way the play calling, and what looks Green Bay gave us. Stacking the box to entice the pass over the run.

Let's hope that we straighten things out and get more carries for cmc

Sometimes Shanahan needs to take into account more than just outthinking the opposing coaching staff.

Clearly Purdy struggled with control in the wet yet called pass after pass from an empty backfield.

Sometimes Shanahan needs to take into account more than just outthinking the opposing coaching staff.

Clearly Purdy struggled with control in the wet yet called pass after pass from an empty backfield.
Bit of a perfect storm yesterday with a few elements that independently aren't a huge deal, but when combined makes a significant impact.
  • Packers game plan (executed really well too) - stack the box, limit CMCs impact in the run game, tempt Shanahan to beat you passing
  • Rain, impacting Purdys efficient passing game
  • Deebo injury, hurting the unorthodox options in the run game,
  • Deebo injury hindering the passing game, meaning more attention on Aiyuk and Kittle.
If you remove one of those factors (gameplan, rain, deebo early injury) how the game plays out is probably significantly different.

All phases of the game were below their best, but came good late and got us over the line, which in the playoffs is all about survive and advance.

Pass rush was a no show vs Green Bay.

Has to be better than yesterday and get to Goff multiple times.

Lions are a bit banged up but equally as good an O line.
Bosa 0 sacks in his past 4 playoff games I think I heard. Being paid too much to do that.

Bit of a perfect storm yesterday with a few elements that independently aren't a huge deal, but when combined makes a significant impact.
  • Packers game plan (executed really well too) - stack the box, limit CMCs impact in the run game, tempt Shanahan to beat you passing
  • Rain, impacting Purdys efficient passing game
  • Deebo injury, hurting the unorthodox options in the run game,
  • Deebo injury hindering the passing game, meaning more attention on Aiyuk and Kittle.
If you remove one of those factors (gameplan, rain, deebo early injury) how the game plays out is probably significantly different.

All phases of the game were below their best, but came good late and got us over the line, which in the playoffs is all about survive and advance.

Sure but none of those things made sense of how he called the plays at the end of the half.

In the presser he claimed he was going for endzone shots but the Packers took the looks away. Then throw it short.

He has form here.

Sometimes he just has to do what every one else does and not try and over think it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pass rush was a no show vs Green Bay.

Has to be better than yesterday and get to Goff multiple times.

Lions are a bit banged up but equally as good an O line.
They weren't great, credit to GB after fixing their early season issues.

Better protection and a clear game plan, hand it off or get it out so you don't get caught with it.

8 sacks and 3 ints (2 of those were the late ones against us) in 9 games (7 regular season and 2 playoffs) since their win over Detroit on Thanksgiving.

Lions Center and Right Guard are banged up, and Goff has copped 35 sacks this year - averages around 2 per game. So if you're going to have an impact, it's a reasonable match up.

Deebo update. No fracture (great) but still to early to tell if he'll be fine for Sunday.

It's the things you don't see within a big play. I spotted this when watching the replay, but a good detailed explanation of the work at the line of scrimmage by Purdy. If he let him motion then he'd have been blown up by the marked defender, or copped a delay of game penalty.

It was a backup tight end too...

Talk about a nervous game. Glad to be moving on but if we don’t start well against kc we are getting rolled.

Last edited:
I think we've been the worse of the two teams each of the past two weeks, but have somehow come through. Great to be in a SB, but they'll want to play much better than that against the KC defense and the best QB in the comp. Without Crazy Dan's reluctance to take points that could've been a different game.

Bitter sweet feelings at the moment.

Glad the 49ers are returning to the SB and we get to watch the team in a big game one more time this season, but the way they have played the last few weeks hardly fills me with confidence.

I'm not sure what has happened to the run defense and I though Wilkes was supposed to bring a more aggressive, blitz happy defense to the table (we are the 3rd least likely team to blitz in the league). But then again, when he does call blitzes he does it at the wrong time.

I still am confused about what scheme he is playing up front....only using 4 down linemen (we were supposed to zero in on stopping the run this game but never had 5 linemen on the field) and when one of those 4 is Chase Young only bad things happen.

I'm already having preemptive nightmares of how he intends to contain Mahomes playing pitch and catch to Kelce.

Anyway, they have 2 weeks to sort it out.

Until then, enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back