Rumour Sam Wick's - Teammates ex

Remove this Banner Ad

A better thing to do would be check every goal kicked out the back this season to see if the player was ever not celebrated with by anyone. I'm sure there would be precisely zero occurrences.

Next week, and subsequent weeks, they'll all make an effort because they'll know eyes are on them.
You’re right, and that’s what I’m expecting too. Could be a cover-up for what’s actually happening, or it could be genuine. Very difficult to determine which one it is from where we’re sitting.

If they don’t get around him though despite the rumours though, then it would be a huge red flag that something’s really wrong between them. I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks

Kane Cornes: "We got some footage here of Sam Wicks kicking a goal and not one of his teammates got around to him"
Caro Wilson: "I think that is a bit harsh there Kane, he was in the goal square and everyone else was around the 50"
KC: "It doesnt matter, if I have kicked a goal and my team mates are not running 150m of the G to congratulate me, I'm thinking there is a rift"
Matthew Lloyd: "[Stumbling to start a sentence] Kane do you really think they all don't get a long"
KC: "Lloydy I really do. I have some vision of Heeney here and look" [SHOW VISION OF HEENEY HIGH FIVING WICKS] "Look right there, the analysts have come in and recorded that exchange at 2 newtons of force. A real teammate is high fiving with at least 20"
KC: There's only one solution here. Beveridge has to go

Didn’t he learn anything from Billy Brownless - you should never touch a man’s wife or his wallet (because obviously both of those are possessions that the man owns, even when the wife or girlfriend in question is actually an ex 🙄)

/ s

Wicks would look and play very nicely in a navy blue jumper, we’ll show him some love

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t he learn anything from Billy Brownless - you should never touch a man’s wife or his wallet (because obviously both of those are possessions that the man owns, even when the wife or girlfriend in question is actually an ex 🙄)

/ s
Stupid take. Belongs in Reddit AFL.

Consent does not trump loyalty/trust among your team mates. Nothing to do with ex GF being a possession.

Have you actually played a team sports at any competitive level?

Stupid take. Belongs in Reddit AFL.

Consent does not trump loyalty/trust among your team mates. Nothing to do with ex GF being a possession.

Have you actually played a team sports at any competitive level?
Hold on, we don't even know how close Wicks and the teammate are. Also we don't know what the relationship was like between the women and the teammate.

What if they went out for about 2 months and Wick's teammate was super clingy and the girl was not feeling it and they broke up and then Wicks ended up with the girl.

There could be a slight argument to be made about loyalty if they were still dating but if it was a very clean break up then there really isn't an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold on, we don't even know how close Wicks and the teammate are. Also we don't know what the relationship was like between the women and the teammate.

What if they went out for about 2 months and Wick's teammate was super clingy and the girl was not feeling it and they broke up and then Wicks ended up with the girl.

There could be a slight argument to be made about loyalty if they were still dating but if it was a very clean break up then there really isn't an issue.
I think some of you are ignoring established boundary in certain settings such as work or team sports for the sake of individuality.

The established boundaries exist for a reason. Testing and redrawing boundaries are warranted, otherwise our society would not progress.

However the fact that the Swans are very sensitive about this matter and we are continuing to debate on it suggest that dating an ex of your teammate is fraught with challenges. It can create a real or perceived division. It can derail a season ala Carey, John Terry, etc.

I think some of you are ignoring established boundary in certain settings such as work or team sports for the sake of individuality.

The established boundaries exist for a reason. Testing and redrawing boundaries are warranted, otherwise our society would not progress.

However the fact that the Swans are very sensitive about this matter and we are continuing to debate on it suggest that dating an ex of your teammate is fraught with challenges. It can create a real or perceived division. It can derail a season ala Carey, John Terry, etc.
A large part of the debate is around the details and about whether the other bloke feeling shitty is reasonable and whether the actions to stand Wicks down were reasonable.

If Wicks engaged in an affair with the women then sure, that is a shitty thing to do and he has caused disharmony within the organisation and Sydney can look to take reasonable steps for remedying the situation.

If on the other hand there is no infidelity and it was a break because of incompatibility between the women and the other Swans player then it is the other Swans player who is causing the disharmony not Wicks. Wicks' actions are neutral from the POV of the club as an organisation. They don't hurt the club and they don't help the club. Sure his actions are causing the other player to be offended about the situation but just because his actions cause offence to someone doesn't mean that the actor is necessarily in the wrong.

A large part of the debate is around the details and about whether the other bloke feeling shitty is reasonable and whether the actions to stand Wicks down were reasonable.

If Wicks engaged in an affair with the women then sure, that is a shitty thing to do and he has caused disharmony within the organisation and Sydney can look to take reasonable steps for remedying the situation.

If on the other hand there is no infidelity and it was a break because of incompatibility between the women and the other Swans player then it is the other Swans player who is causing the disharmony not Wicks. Wicks' actions are neutral from the POV of the club as an organisation. They don't hurt the club and they don't help the club. Sure his actions are causing the other player to be offended about the situation but just because his actions cause offence to someone doesn't mean that the actor is necessarily in the wrong.
Again, you are wilfully ignoring how sensitive the Swans have been even with the perception of discord caused by this.

Hence my point about dating an ex in a certain environment isn't conducive regardless of morality.

I don't really care about this or have anything meaningful to add but the apostrophe in the thread title pisses me off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back