Rumour Sam Wick's - Teammates ex

Remove this Banner Ad

I find this whole thing bizarre. Sam never had a problem, did absolutely nothing wrong that I could tell yet he was the one dropped. Just a strange situation. Even if it was true, how is it anyone else's business. You don't own your ex-girlfriends.

His "senior" teammate should've been the one kicked out of the team. Appalling behaviour.

Gotta find it odd that none of Jordan, Heeney or Hayward acknowledged him when they had a drink.

Considering the bulk of Norths goals come when the game is over, and teams run up the score against us most weeks, I’m pretty well versed in how teams celebrate unimportant goals in the context of W-L record. You’d expect a hi 5 or back slap there.

This is very strange. Like the guy said, I haven't seen this happen before either. No one gets around him after he kicked a goal in only the second quarter.

I'd have said for the playing group to leave off-field problems off the field, but at the same time, we do not know the full story about whatever went down between him and the playing group.

All we know is that Wicks was publicly named and dropped from the side while the other player allegedly involved in this was not. Hmm, it definitely seems like there is more to this than what meets the eye. Not like it's any of our business though, so hopefully things work out for them I guess?

“Wicks had been accused of acting inappropriately with the former girlfriend of another Swans player,” journalist Sam Edmund said on SEN at the time.

“A thorough club investigation found that those allegations were categorically false, and that Wicks nor his teammate had done anything wrong.

“While all parties were ultimately innocent, the bad blood, which was brought into the open on a night out involving a group of Sydney players, had threatened to fester in the changerooms.

“As a result of that, Swans officials acted swiftly to take the heat out of the situation by giving Wicks some time off. He didn’t travel with teammates to Melbourne today – instead he’s back in Sydney.”

So the allegations were “categorically false” yet their was bad blood from a team night out and no one celebrated one his goals.

:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was apparently posted by a relative of Wicks in his thread today:

IMG_7241.jpeg

I don’t see a reason to doubt what they’re saying tbh because things might not be as they seem from the outside. Don’t think this “snub” alone would disprove what they’re saying in this post.

Teammates should get around him next game to really dispel the rumours.

View attachment 1974712

I don’t see a reason to doubt what they’re saying tbh because things might not be as they seem from the outside. Don’t think this “snub” alone would disprove what they’re saying in this post.

They should, but if they don't?

They should, but if they don't?
If they don’t, then it depends on what manner IMO. If they ignore him after every goal he kicks in the next match, then that’ll obviously raise red flags.

If they don’t do anything extra and just celebrate goals with him like they normally do with other teammates, then that’ll dispel any of my concerns personally. I don’t know how others would feel, but that’s my take on it at least.

If they don’t, then it depends on what manner IMO. If they ignore him after every goal he kicks in the next match, then that’ll obviously raise red flags.

If they don’t do anything extra and just celebrate goals with him like they normally do with other teammates, then that’ll dispel any of my concerns personally. I don’t know how others would feel, but that’s my take on it at least.

A better thing to do would be check every goal kicked out the back this season to see if the player was ever not celebrated with by anyone. I'm sure there would be precisely zero occurrences.

Next week, and subsequent weeks, they'll all make an effort because they'll know eyes are on them.

Clearly Footy Classified need to get a body language expert on to get to the bottom of this.
Kane Cornes: "We got some footage here of Sam Wicks kicking a goal and not one of his teammates got around to him"
Caro Wilson: "I think that is a bit harsh there Kane, he was in the goal square and everyone else was around the 50"
KC: "It doesnt matter, if I have kicked a goal and my team mates are not running 150m of the G to congratulate me, I'm thinking there is a rift"
Matthew Lloyd: "[Stumbling to start a sentence] Kane do you really think they all don't get a long"
KC: "Lloydy I really do. I have some vision of Heeney here and look" [SHOW VISION OF HEENEY HIGH FIVING WICKS] "Look right there, the analysts have come in and recorded that exchange at 2 newtons of force. A real teammate is high fiving with at least 20"

View attachment 1974712

No offence but generally speaking, relatives are not usually very reliable witnesses or objective in disputes.

In terms of manners or consideration many blokes approach the male and say hey look I'm asking out so and so hope you don't mind? Is that ok? 99% of the time the bloke appreciates being asked notwithstanding she's supposedly an ex because you don't know what feelings remain by both parties. I think that's the best approach in a case like a team or where both males know each other already. Otherwise perception kicks in afterwards and that creates the possibility of disrespect. Most of my mates have done it that way never an issue. It's not about owning anyone it's a respectful approach. Even in marriage you don't own do you.

No offence but generally speaking, relatives are not usually very reliable witnesses or objective in disputes.
They’re not always reliable I agree, but I think it’s reasonable to take what they said at face value at this stage. It’s not like we have anything concrete other than what initially happened to go off by.

If Wicks says otherwise or this seemingly hostile behaviour towards him escalates over the coming weeks, then we’d have reason to discard what the family member said

Remove this Banner Ad

Back