Rumour Sam Wick's - Teammates ex

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it depends on the individual details of how it all came about.
I'm a professional in an organisation that employs 11,000 staff in Victoria.

My cohort was 91% female when I started 15 years ago and is 89% female now.

I simply DO NOT sh!t where I eat.

On some occasions it works, but more often than not it doesn't, and when it doesn't it's a far deeper fall than any benefit of it working out.
Cool story about yourself.

But completely irrelevant.

We dont know any facts but instead we fill the void with gossips, pearl clutchers and people who want to big note and virtue signal about themselves.

Surely it depends on the individual details of how it all came about.

Cool story about yourself.

But completely irrelevant.

We dont know any facts but instead we fill the void with gossips, pearl clutchers and people who want to big note and virtue signal about themselves.

What would you do in this sort of situation?

What would your considerations be and what are your values?

Young man dates young woman.

Young man and young woman break up.

Friend of young man starts spending time with young woman.

Friend of young man, and young woman begin a non-serious relationship.

Young man learns of this and asks his friend what is happening. Friend of young man is evasive with the truth.

Young man and friend of young man are amongst a wider group of friends/teammates when they run into close friend of young man's ex girlfriend. She is very familiar with young man's friend and young man does the maths.

With bellies full of beer they argue and are separated by teammates.

They apologise to one another when the club calls them in to explain what had happened at the pub. Club took very cautious approach which players have queried, suggesting they think it is over the top.

Young man learns of this and asks his friend what is happening. Friend of young man is evasive with the truth.

Young man and friend of young man are amongst a wider group of friends/teammates when they run into close friend of young man's ex girlfriend. She is very familiar with young man's friend and young man does the maths.

They apologise to one another when the club calls them in to explain what had happened at the pub. Club took very cautious approach which players have queried, suggesting they think it is over the top.

Someone has their s**t together.

Take your logic to the SRP board mate and don’t let the door hit you non consensually on the way out.

Quality comment.

I guess when you’ve been grovelling round in the slop like your team has been for the last 10 years - you have to throw anything you can at us, even if you are left with dogshite all over your hands.
Diddums, We've hit a nerve with our little person here have we? You have the right to be uptight,guess
you're still looking around for all the flags Buddy won for you.

One assumption that is being made is that Wicks and the other bloke are friends. Maybe they are just teammates
You may have hit a nail on a head here. I cannot stand the oft-repeated fantasy that you go out to play with "21 of your best mates". Sometimes all you share in common is that you like to play the same sport, and you're both good at it.

I think something everyone is over looking here in regard to whether Wicks actions should illicit a response from his team mate/mates or not is..

What did he actually do and how did he manage the situation?

If he was merely an acquaintance with the girls ex, had legitimate feelings for her and came to him first to inform him of what was going on - fair play to him.

If he was best mates with the girls ex and went out of his way to do the deed for the mere sake of doing the deed, while lying through his teeth about what was really going on - then fair play to the club for giving him a spell.

We just do not know these details, so absolutely no point trying to throw in your 2 cents one-size-fits-all lesson in morality.

If you think you're a good friend by shagging your mate's ex without his blessing you're a complete F-wit and will be friendless before you know it.
It depends on how close you are with the person, and the terms on which the relationship ended.

If you're close friends and the breakup really hurt them, then generally it's not on as it will burn your friendship hard.

If you're just teammates, or if the relationship wasn't that close/the breakup wasn't that bad, then honestly play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends on how close you are with the person, and the terms on which the relationship ended.

If you're close friends and the breakup really hurt them, then generally it's not on as it will burn your friendship hard.

If you're just teammates, or if the relationship wasn't that close/the breakup wasn't that bad, then honestly play on.

Great use of common sense.

Looks like some of these blokes aren't as switched on as you are though!

Negative. Collingwood have a thorough vetting process and only recruit gentlemen and scholars, hence we have never had a single scandal in the history of our proud club. "Hamstring awareness" is more of a Demons thing m8.
We at Collingwood, would NEVER do cocaine at OUR club. Drink driving is MUCH more on-brand.

My cohort was 91% female when I started 15 years ago and is 89% female now.

I simply DO NOT sh!t where I eat.

On some occasions it works, but more often than not it doesn't, and when it doesn't it's a far deeper fall than any benefit of it working out.
Sure, but that doesn't make it wrong. Plenty of people meet at work; in fact, it's where both sets of my grandparents met. You choose to keep out of it, that's fine, but that doesn't make it immoral.

Sure, but that doesn't make it wrong. Plenty of people meet at work; in fact, it's where both sets of my grandparents met. You choose to keep out of it, that's fine, but that doesn't make it immoral.

Big difference between moral & professional conduct and pooing where you eat.

I would advise anyone to be wary dating/marrying someone they work with directly or report to/manage.

But yes, I met my wife at work, and when I realised we would never be working together again I asked her out on a date haha.

Also dated ladies from other departments.

Some things are just too close to home and should be kept separate.

Big difference between moral & professional conduct and pooing where you eat.

I would advise anyone to be wary dating/marrying someone they work with directly or report to/manage.

But yes, I met my wife at work, and when I realised we would never be working together again I asked her out on a date haha.

Also dated ladies from other departments.

Some things are just too close to home and should be kept separate.
Wary is a good word. Don’t kid yourself about the risks.

The obvious no no is between a senior and a junior. That’s not on.

Diddums, We've hit a nerve with our little person here have we? You have the right to be uptight,guess
you're still looking around for all the flags Buddy won for you.

Well yes - the concept of you grubbing around in the slop of failure looking for dog poop to throw is pretty off-putting.

Shouldn’t you be getting de-loused somewhere?

Last edited:
Okay but seriously who gives a *? You don't own your ex girlfriend just because you used to date her.

That is a slipery slope.

All depends on the relationship if serious or not.

AFL players have the world in front of them in finding girls. Why go out with a teammates ex misses. Maybe she's stiring up the situation to get back at her ex. Happened to me along time ago.

If a trammate cracked it over something and Wicks was found to be cleared what caused the reaction and blow up. The unhappy ex stiring the pot?

Seems like there was a bkow up and now a pkayer stood down.....for doing nothing wrong?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back