Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YASSSSSSSSSSSS.

The one that gets me is the absolute sausages who claim people who want Hinkley gone aren’t ‘supporting the club’, or are being ‘anti-Port’, but they’ll casually downgrade and belittle the club and its glorious history in the service of defending Him and excusing the wider culture of AFL-era failure.

• it’s not the SANFL anymore
• we’re a little fish in a much bigger pond
• without Ken everyone not born and bred on the peninsula would leave

It’s like, what?!
Yes and proven once again last night. I mean how many times do we have to endure close losses in big games, games that really mean something, on our home deck. And the players that let us down are the same serial offenders, Wines, Boak etc. No mental toughness and coach included.

Lol we bottled premiership tilts when we had absolutely everything going for us. There is no way we dont bottle this when we have some things going against us.

SUPPORT KEN AND THE BOYS OR GO FOLLOW THE CROMS

JASPER PITTARD JASPER SHITTARD YOU SUCK AND SO DO YOU JOHN BUTCHER YOU SPUD MY GRANNY WOULD BE A BETTER FOOTBALLER I DONT KNOW HOW YOU USELESS PRICKS GET A GAME

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It arguably did. Everything going for us - home ground, favourable weather that we're used to and they're not, fully fit squad, handy three quarter time lead - and we still couldn't get it done.
Byrne-Jones would have contributed more than Evans against Collingwood just quietly. I know he kicked a goal but in a pressure game, I'm taking Darcy's pressure in the forward line over whatever Evans can do.

The rest of this post sounds like the biggest reach of all time. Weather that we're used to and they aren't? They play in Melbourne at the MCG, FFS. Home ground? Didn't make a difference with the umpiring, did it?

The facts are that King has been talking up Collingwood as if they are this unbeatable behemoth that no one can come close to and it's proven to be rubbish. We lost that game because Collingwood were kicking goals out of their ass and we had players who couldn't kick a regulation set shot from 20m out. We are most definitely right in the mix with them come the grand final - I would put Brisbane in there as well but now they've lost Ashcroft I think they might drop back a bit unfortunately.

YASSSSSSSSSSSS.

The one that gets me is the absolute sausages who claim people who want Hinkley gone aren’t ‘supporting the club’, or are being ‘anti-Port’, but they’ll casually downgrade and belittle the club and its glorious history in the service of defending Him and excusing the wider culture of AFL-era failure.

• it’s not the SANFL anymore
• we’re a little fish in a much bigger pond
• without Ken everyone not born and bred on the peninsula would leave

It’s like, what?!

We've reached a point years ago where the club hasn't achieved anything so the non diehard supporters are content with just making finals.

The 13 in a row is like a premiership for lots of supporters because they were too young to remember 2004 premiership.

We've reached a point years ago where the club hasn't achieved anything so the non diehard supporters are content with just making finals.

The 13 in a row is like a premiership for lots of supporters because they were too young to remember 2004 premiership.
Well that is bullshit then. Sounds more like ****ing Glenelg supporters.

It's easy to overlook but we're already at the point where anyone under about 25 wouldn't be able to remember Port playing in a grand final let alone winning one. We are very similar to Carlton and Essendon these days - a club which was historically successful but has become an irrelevance.

So let me get this straight, "Kenny" actually rings up people in the football media who refuse to guzzle his artificially sweetened Kool-Aid, and he bakes them?

This is actual clown world.
It's not the first time we have heard this.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well to his credit I can't really recall where Ken has publicly said "I don't have the players."

And whilst I've never personally been on one of these hairdryer treatments from Ken, my understanding is that he gets incredibly defensive of his players because in his opinion their effort is there and that's essentially all you can ask of them (as if this is some kind of amateur league).

If I had a coach who was blowing smoke up my arse telling me how appreciative he was of my effort, that the score is secondary to the process and would defend me publicly and privately at any external criticism I would be in his corner too.

As much as it can be difficult to grasp, this is a job for many of the players and winning is not everything to them. Pretty much everything but the winning side of things Ken has down pat.
When we lose he is very quick to blame it on the players effort. Even when it is clearly his game plan/selections.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Morris this morning reporting Ken Hinkley himself, of the Ken Hinkley Football Club contacted Brodie Grundy about playing at Port next year. Recruiting for Josh Carr is he?

Tom Morris this morning reporting Ken Hinkley himself, of the Ken Hinkley Football Club contacted Brodie Grundy about playing at Port next year. Recruiting for Josh Carr is he?
This is obviously fake news. Hinkley has no interest in ruckman other than his fellow racing syndicate members.

Byrne-Jones would have contributed more than Evans against Collingwood just quietly. I know he kicked a goal but in a pressure game, I'm taking Darcy's pressure in the forward line over whatever Evans can do.

The rest of this post sounds like the biggest reach of all time. Weather that we're used to and they aren't? They play in Melbourne at the MCG, FFS. Home ground? Didn't make a difference with the umpiring, did it?

The facts are that King has been talking up Collingwood as if they are this unbeatable behemoth that no one can come close to and it's proven to be rubbish. We lost that game because Collingwood were kicking goals out of their ass and we had players who couldn't kick a regulation set shot from 20m out. We are most definitely right in the mix with them come the grand final - I would put Brisbane in there as well but now they've lost Ashcroft I think they might drop back a bit unfortunately.
I agreed with this post right up until the last word.

Weird one - why would Hinkley need to do anything?

We have a very different set up to Collingwood. The question isn't how active Ken was, the question is how active the coaches in the box were. My guess is they were very active.
Probably the point is that Hinkley has no contact with the box that would've been very active. Token coach.

Out of their ass or clutch? Funny we were renowned for kicking goals out of our backside (if that’s what you want to call it) consistently under J Cahill. Maybe we have a coach that just can’t instill that final bit of belief? He hasn’t yet. Time will tell.

Somehow I can't really see tea over the shoulder ham and cheese toastie eating greyhound racing Camperdown bogan Ken Hinkley getting along with hipster Grundy.

Much better chance of Josh Carr leveraging his Fremantle connections to convince Grundy that if he signs with us he'll get to meet Tame Impala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back