Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wanted to say that Butters has not in any way, shape or form shown that he wants to leave the club.

The post of LongDonkey was a hypothetical and a thought exercise and nothing else.

For mine, Butters seems to be a guy who loves footy and loves winning and more importantly hates losing and it wouldn't surprise me that deep down he would not like the way that Bottom 10 Ken coaches.
For the record I don't think that Butters would leave Port if Hinkley left.

I can't speak for anyone else but it would make sense to me that not too many tears would be shed.

Most places online now have comments about Ken even if the discussion was about Bevo.

The club must see all of this.

1. Anyone in a position of authority would have to care to look
2. That person would then have to care about results.

The only time either of those two things happen is if things get bad enough to start affecting the bottom line. The lack of crowd enthusiasm at games now compared to 8 or so years ago is palpable. My feeling is we're not many more losses from people not showing up. I don't want that to happen. It will be sad. But ultimately we might have to go through that for B10K to finally get the arse.

Last night, Cornes slammed Harley Reid for ... reasons.

Something about his training standards not being up to par. Hutchy responded

"How do you know what his training standards are?"

A good question, Hutch.

Well, the Hawthorn premiership captain hit back at Cornes' soft approach to Jason Horne Francis:

"Top Ten draft picks should be able to kick on both feet."

1. Anyone in a position of authority would have to care to look
2. That person would then have to care about results.

The only time either of those two things happen is if things get bad enough to start affecting the bottom line. The lack of crowd enthusiasm at games now compared to 8 or so years ago is palpable. My feeling is we're not many more losses from people not showing up. I don't want that to happen. It will be sad. But ultimately we might have to go through that for B10K to finally get the arse.
I'll be interested in the media reaction if we happen to lose to Hawthorn on Sunday week - after last weekend, it's not out of the question. There's plenty of calls for Beveridge to be replaced: will the media apply a similar blowtorch to Hinkley if the Hawks get up next week???

The tactical stuff is overrated. There's a whole panel of coaches who collectively work on strategy and tactics. Hinkley is literally disconnected from the coaching box these days.

The key role of the senior coach is man management and nurturing a high performance mindset. Hinkley's whole mantra is man management by making everyone feel good about themselves - hence why he worked wonders for us early days when we needed a lift and has overall managed a team that is generally competitive every year. But he's got no idea about how to prepare a team for truly high performance in big moments. In fact, he projects his own negativity and self doubt onto the team in these moments and the team performs accordingly.

I’d agree that is the case 2015 onwards. It’s crazy how he lost the fire in the belly that was wildly successful prior to then. I guess we know how/why this happened, and perhaps it was never sustainable. But the difference between the “handle the heat” bloke and the “learnings in that space” management twaddle unit, is quite stark

(The most genuinely dumb thing is that the happy clappers still felt he was the former well after the statute of limitations had expired on Ken 1.0)

I'd be surprised if they sacked Ken without 'new evidence' before his contract is up. It's kind of like Double Jeopardy. They already tried Ken on all of the existing evidence last year. The failures in finals. The big game performances. Playing injured players. Our forward conversion. Remember? Kosch is a data man and apparently.he and the board had all the data they needed. Unless something goes to a new level over the course of the next two years, like we don't make finals or win the spoon or something, sacking him would be admitting they made a mistake in extending his contract.

I can see them masking it in some.sort.of 'succession plan' or retirement.
New evidence, do they live under a rock, are they blind.

the cats players pretending hinkley is good was just made up cos they hate us
This is why. Rnd 3 1997. The first team to lose to the new boys on the block.

Port 18-19 d Geelong 14-6

Geelong had named a team with a combined count of 1444 AFL games - and six players who had passed the 100-game milestone, led by Paul Couch at 257 matches.

Port Adelaide had just 640 matches on its team sheet - and only two players who had 100 games to their name: Captain Gavin Wanganeen (129) and key defender Stephen Paxman (105).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Come The Heat is On Beaveridge When he Won Stuff But The Cold Is On HinKleyu Even Tho He Lost Stuff :Confused: :GenuineConfusion:
I have discovered that Kane Cornes is not logically and consistently applying the same standards to his personal friend and his brother as he is to other coaches. Surely this will be the end of Kane's media career?

I have discovered that Kane Cornes is not logically and consistently applying the same standards to his personal friend and his brother as he is to other coaches. Surely this will be the end of Kane's media career?
I keep angry reacting, commenting on and sharing his posts on the socials stating how bad Kane is at his job - why hasn't all this engagement led to him being fired yet?!?!?!

And when did this become Boston Legal?

It's pro sport, coaches/managers are turfed on a daily basis for under-performance, regardless of contract status.
I'm just using an analogy. So you think they'll sack him before the end of season, finals or not?

I can't see them doing it. Like I said, they had all the information they needed last year when he was reappointed apparently. Nothing has changed. They had the perfect opportunity to have a look at what's out there (including Carr) and knowing everything we know about our big game performances, finals etc. they decided to reappoint. If they weren't gonna pull the pin after the start we had last season and finals the year before, or at least wait and see how we went in finals, I can't see them doing it before the end of this season. I don't agree with it. I'm. Ot saying clubs don't do it all the time, I'm just saying I can't see them doing it.

Kane is as balanced in his views as much as North Melbourne is a premiership threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back