Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo said to Cheesey Mac after the AGM they're worried about players leaving if Hinkley is moved on. I'm pretty sure he's said it to someone else prior to this year. Was it you or maybe RussellEbertHandball ?
The unrest needs to come from the players.

It will have to be too many to trade because otherwise the individual will be traded to shut up the rest.

To anyone who is still a Hinkley backer here are some cold here facts and stacks as to why he needs to go.

• his finals record (2 wins/5 losses since 2015)
  • his showdown record (10 wins/12 losses) even though port have finished ahead of the crows on the ladder 8 of the 11 times in that time. How do u have a losing record to a side who hasn’t played finals in 6 years?
  • 11 full seasons with no grand final appearance (most in history)
  • 2 home preliminary final losses which is unacceptable
  • an inability to change his game plan or make tactical move to stem the flow when the opposition is on top
  • his gold pass selection strategy
  • the fact this team constantly fails to turn up in big matches

This is just some of the reasons. Yes of course the players Need to take some responsibility for these failures but the playing list has been turned over many times yet the only constant is Hinkley. So it doesn’t matter what blowhards like cornes, rucci or anyone else that says this is on Ken and he needs to go

We're a club of cowards.

They'll hide until we can beat another bottom 10 side so they can come back with "I told you so where are the Hinkley Haters now??"
They are to scared to say anything because they have to save all their pathetic excuses for the Geelong fall out.
They would look even stupider if they come out and said they are going to atone the Showdown loss with a win over the cats. More fall out to come I suspect.

Last edited:
"Shoot a General and the rest fall into line"

Ultimately, the board isn't ready to shoot a general yet, they are too afraid of the fall out and quite frankly that is why we are no longer a high-performance team and just a bunch of alsorands now.

Ken Stinkly has been given such a ridiculous amount of free passes, that everyone at our once great club can survive and accept mediocrity. From the rest of the coaching staff to the players, the acceptance of poor performance is driven by an ultimate lack of accountability.

Shoot. The. General.

If a player left simply because 60 year old wrinkly Hinkley leaves then it shows that this player knew that he had it easy under Ken. If the player follows Hinkley to another club then he's weird.
Who the heck would follow him out? Only a loser like Dixon follows him everywhere

Mediocrity is also being peddled and endorsed from the top of the tree at Alberton now, by Ken and by Boak.

I love Boak, but, while I understand the mental health toll being a professional footballer there is an element of hurt you should feel when you lose, when you fail and when you aren't good enough. I hear too much spilling out of alberton - "Human being first, footballer second", etc.

You're a professional footballer. I can't go to my CEO and say I ****** up, I've consistently underperformed, but at least I'm a good person. No. I'd be fired.

You should hurt. You should want to drive for success. You should feel the pain of failure.
You shouldn't disregard those feelings because "I'm still a good person". There needs to be balance - grow up. You're a professional.

My grandfather and his family did not start supporting this club well over 100 years ago for the absolute s**t house standards the corporate office campaigners hold for what is acceptable in a head coach.

Port has turned into a boys club of mediocrity and losers, who are to afraid to take a risk on losing a couple players who have been cucked by Ken. So what if we lose Butters or someone else, if they want to leave, let them and plug the holes with the overs other teams will pay for that top talent.

I'd rather build the team up with Rozee and JHF at the helm, give Carr the job in the coming months and see if he has it in him to step up or find a up and coming assistant coach that is ready for the head coach job and isn't a reject head coach like half the s**t teams recycle.

Gives me tarps before you give me another year of Ken.

LOL.

On Classified, Kane just said - in reference to Richmond - "I wonder if coaches are taking too much responsibility."

This is Trumpian level of coded messages.

He'll take any opportunity - no matter how ridiculous - to defend his beloved Ken.
If they don't take responsibility for everything football what are they getting paid for?

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one is following Ken out. It’s about as big of a myth as the we can’t afford to pay out his contract nonsense.

And Ken will retire, this club would’ve made him a very wealthy man, and he is damaged goods now. No club is offering him a senior role.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If a player left simply because 60 year old wrinkly Hinkley leaves then it shows that this player knew that he had it easy under Ken. If the player follows Hinkley to another club then he's weird.
Especially as the other club won't be an AFL club.

Whether he genuinely said words to the effect that he’s worried about players leaving or he’s lying and using it as part of the sell on re-signing Hinkley, he’s gutless.
What’s the latest from him on 3 premierships in five years?
LOL we couldn't even get 3 finals wins in 5 years, let alone 3 flags.

LOL.

On Classified, Kane just said - in reference to Richmond - "I wonder if coaches are taking too much responsibility."

This is Trumpian level of coded messages.

He'll take any opportunity - no matter how ridiculous - to defend his beloved Ken.

We are already taking that approach, haven’t you seen our forward line results with Chadbro?

I just wanted to say that Butters has not in any way, shape or form shown that he wants to leave the club.

The post of LongDonkey was a hypothetical and a thought exercise and nothing else.

For mine, Butters seems to be a guy who loves footy and loves winning and more importantly hates losing and it wouldn't surprise me that deep down he would not like the way that Bottom 10 Ken coaches.

After Rowey asks whether Tredrea has more respect for Ken: "I have a lot of respect for everybody."

Tredrea can't even bring himself to say he has more respect for Ken.
Tredrea won’t even say Hinkleys name. He’s being very careful to not be seen to directly attack/question him or even comment on him directly.

Nice dig at Ken on 5AA this morning. They were talking about Dangerfield, and one of them says, "The man has no hamstrings." Penberthy then pipes up, "That wouldn't stop Ken Hinkley sending him back onto the field." :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back