Roys FC (sweet FA) Roys (Gorillas) FC - Season 12 - General Thread - Start Here If New

Remove this Banner Ad

Some will know that the Sweet FA as a whole is thinking long and hard about how to re-invigorate the competition. Those of you who only see a match thread 'cause we advertise it here (or by PM), don't get to see the rest of the Fantasy Footy Board, and there are often plenty of other relevant discussions there (usually inane but fun nonetheless).

Anyways, check out the board in general : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Start a thread of your own if you like! But lets keep the league vibrant and promiscuous.

Sweet FA S13 Rd 13 : Roys FFC v Mt Buller Demons @ BSO

Click here for match thread, where you should go and stuff.

After a two week break for the State Of Origin carnival, we're back to business, with only a handful of games remaining and it all up to us if we want to make the finals!

We're at home to the Demons this week, and what a bonus a win here would be!

Ladder after Round 12 (thanks to ljp for this data)
Code:
Team                  P   W   L   D   Pen  For  Agnst     %    Pts  Streak  L5   Change  GB    Chase
Southern Dragons     12   8   4   -    -  1193  1034   115.38  32     1L   WLWWL   -     Ldr     -
West Coast Wonders   12   7   5   -    -  1098   993   110.57  28     4L   WLLLL   -     -1      -
Mount Buller Demons  12   8   4   -    4  1031   953   108.18  28     2W   LWLWW   -     -1      -
Geelong Gumbies      12   6   6   -    -  1125  1135    99.12  24     1W   LWWLW  +1     -2     Ldr
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roys FC              12   6   6   -    -  1067  1082    98.61  24     2W   LLLWW  +1     -2      - 
East Side Hawks      12   7   5   -    5  1166  1002   116.37  23     1W   WWWLW  +1     -2.5    -0.5
Baghdad Bombers      12   6   6   -    2   998  1145    87.16  22     1L   WWWWL  -3     -3      -0.5
[color=red]z[/color]Fighting Furies     12   -  12   -    -   950  1284    73.99   -    12L   LLLLL   -     -8.5    -6.5 
[color=red]z[/color] - clinched wooden spoon

The Demons are four points ahead of us, and a big enough win will shoot us past them. That would put us in the four. If the Gumbies lose as well, or don't win as well as we will, we'll move up to 3rd.

In fact, if the Dragons beat the Gumbies and the Bombers beat the Wonders (by plenty), and we win, we'll be 2nd.

We'd love to see as many of you as possible at the game, cheering us on, or at least making some smart-alec comment or two :D Remember its participation in the diatribe that brings you to the attention of the selectors! Post and you shall be picked!. Remain silent, and you shall be pickled!

Our team thread is where the designs for league domination are formulated, and where most of the Chudshakes are drank. Feel free to add your thoughts there, too!

I expect to see an old favourite returning to our ranks this round, presumably in a supporting role but not replacing any key positions yet cough cough hint hint.

Go Rillas!

Sweet FA Season 13, Round 14 - Roys FFC v Eastside Hawks.

Match Thread <--- go earn your spot in the side by adding your thoughts here.

After our win last week, we're right in the finals mix. win two more of the last four matches and we're evens to make the four. Win three and we're a likely second chance contender.

We're currently out of the four by a third of a percent, and 4% behind 3rd. So, like any other week, its now all up to us!

Code:
Current ladder courtesy of ljp86:
Team                  P   W   L   D   Pen  For  Agnst     %    Pts  Streak  L5   Change  GB    Chase
Southern Dragons     13   8   5   -    -  1274  1144   111.36  32     2L   LWWLL   -     Ldr     -
West Coast Wonders   13   8   5   -    -  1205  1095   110.05  32     1W   LLLLW   -      -      -
Mount Buller Demons  13   8   5   -    4  1100  1051   104.66  28     1L   WLWWL   -     -1      -
Geelong Gumbies      13   7   6   -    -  1235  1216   101.56  28     2W   WWLWW   -     -1     Ldr
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roys FC              13   7   6   -    -  1165  1151   101.22  28     3W   LLWWW   -     -1      - 
East Side Hawks      13   8   5   -    5  1273  1040   122.40  27     2W   WWLWW   -     -1.5    -0.5
Baghdad Bombers      13   6   7   -    2  1100  1252    87.86  22     2L   WWWLL   -     -3      -1.5
zFighting Furies     13   -  13   -    -   988  1391    71.03   -    13L   LLLLL   -     -8.5    -7.5 
z - clinched wooden spoon

Please note that while posting in the Team Thread is important, its the Match Thread that guarantees you a gig in the lineup. So go make some outlandish claim there today!

Actually, that should be our theme, make some totally over-the-top prediction (about anything), lets see how far beyond reality we can get!

Go 'rillas!!!

Sweet FA S13 Rd15 - Southern Dragons v Roys FFC

Match thread = http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842489
Team thread = http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800762

The rollicking Roys are now on a four-win streak and sitting pretty in 2nd spot (only by % tho).

This week we meet the Dragons in a battle for that double chance. They've lost the last 3 and are pretty angry.

We've had 12 or more actives for the last 3 rounds so lets keep that rate going, lets improve on it! Go to the match thread above to declare your allegiance.

End of Season trip, originally planned for New Orleans after H&As, now considering a reschedule to Rockbank following the finals series should we make them.

Go 'rillas!!

S13 Rd 16 - Roys FFC v Baghdad Bombers @ Brunswick Street Oval

The Match thread : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844760 <--- post here to ensure you get a game
The Team thread : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800762 <--- post here to appear cool

Yep, we won again, and well, too. Beat the Dragons and now its time for our old foes the Bombers.

Win this and we play finals, regardless of next round. We could even secure the double chance, hell, we could actually snaffle the minor premiership!

YOU mugs are needed, though, to make it happen! The Bombers are 4th and this is Match Of The Round. Get yer lousy butts onto the match thread and give 'em what for!

Go 'rillas!

Sweet FA S13 Rd17 - Roys FFC v Fighting Furies @ Brunswick Street Oval

Match thread : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847188
Team thread : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800762

Wow, 19 Roys players presented for the match v the Bombers. Amazing turnout. Best in Sweet FA history, as far as anybody knows!

Unfortunately, they snuck off with the lollies in a very intense and entertaining match. That's the bad news.

The good news is that the Roys have made the finals. Basically, if we win the upcoming final round, we'll get the double chance. If we lose it, we'll probably end up in the sudden-death first semi-final.

That's why you should get your sterior posts on down to the match thread and let 'em know that we won't let that happen, we can't let that happen, and we won't let that happen.

Match is played on Monday, training begins at the dawn of time ... and the dusk of turmeric.

Who's gonna go? 'rillas gonna go! Go 'rillas!

Calling all ROYS!!!

Show you are truly committed to the Roys cause, only 2 rounds ago we set a league record with 19 players posting in a game thread!! Make sure you pop in to the game thread this week

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21696711#post21696711

It's the first final... Yes!! The Roys are in the finals and we are the fan favorites, but want to see a whole side post in the game thread this week!!! So step up peoples!!! Damn it, do it now, it only takes 2 minutes.. Get on it!!!

Thanks so much :D

Season 13 Wrap-Up For The Roys FFC

Hi all! Well, we had a vastly improved season both on - and off - the field this season. Activity levels went sky high, and we made the finals for the first time in YEARS!

Unfortunately we fell away at the end, losing our final two home and away matches, and then copping a right pummelling from the Hawks in the first semi.

Firstly I want to say thank you to each and every one of you who contributed to a very entertaining and satisfying Season 13. The league is thriving again, the Roys are respected so much that faux disrespect is rife, and the all-round vibe is an absolute pleasure to be a part of.

Secondly, its with heavy heart, and light kidneys, that we say a fond farewell to our steadfast spammer and vice-captain ItsMyShow. IMS joined the Roys after an illustrious* career with the Mod Squad, and after three seasons is on his way to find browner pastures, which he hopes to revitalise with an intensive manure regimen. Good luck IMS, and may you be third in everything you choose!

Thirdly, welcome (officially) to Freakie, who joins the Roys list for Season 14. Positionally, its quite possible this could be a straight swap for ItsMyShow.

Finally, it is to be reminded that our season is not really over yet. Apart from the Prelim and Grand Finals coming up for the Bombers, Hawks and Wonders, there is also the league awards night, in which I expect we may be heavily represented. Also, I intend to host a team awards night to present the Broken Medal and other backpats. Stay tuned for more information as I attempt to sort that out.

Thanks all for a great season, and lets look forward to Season 14, in which we intend to consolidate our position as the rising force in the Sweet Football Association!

Cheers from your cantankerous skipper.

* rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is with a heavy heart and an empty bladder that I leave the Roys..

I don't want to go into a long winded goodbye, so I will just say "I loves you all, and cant wait to see you on the field next season with whichever side I decide to join and kick your ass with"...

Good luck

:thumbsu:

It is with a heavy heart and an empty bladder that I leave the Roys..

I don't want to go into a long winded goodbye, so I will just say "I loves you all, and cant wait to see you on the field next season with whichever side I decide to join and kick your ass with"...

Good luck

:thumbsu:
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!!:D

Roys FFC News - Practice Match v Mt Buller & other stuff

RoysFFC.png

Upcoming practice match v Mt Buller

Hi one and all less that original one so as to hail nobody twice.

Practice match v Mt Buller Demons : Post in this thread to ensure you get picked

This will probably be our last practice match shy of the upcoming league preseason knockout comp, so let's get a sense of those hammies ok?

Expect to see yers there.

Our Team thread has been quiet, save for me crapping on about all and sundry. It could do with your ideas. We are still sorting out the starting player list, with about 11 regular active players - this leaves plenty of on-field positions for YOU!

There are official training questions for each round, which can whet your playing appetitie. The Leadership team is finalised, the cheerleaders chosen, well, we're quite the unit.

We have an expose on our official drink, the Chudshake.

Congrats Fred and Mobbenfuhrer, inducted into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame!

But if nothing else, get to our practice match and shore up your place in the team!

Onward Gorillas! Onward to *hic*tory!

joinusattheroys.jpg

Yeah tommorow, It will be before 4pm (most likely lunchtime) as I'm off to get drunk at 4pm.

Same and I share the same contempt for our medical system as you do...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back